BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What happened before the Wigan game

Alan Nixon repeated the story tonight on Radio Lancashire that the owners were subject to verbal abuse - or words to that effect - before the Wigan game. This story also appeared in some of the newspapers on Sunday and Monday. As far as I know that's overstating things somewhat. And certainly not a reason to leave the ground at half time.

Unless another incident took place before the Venkys group got to the DW stadium all that happened was three or so Rovers' fans shouted about saving the club from relegation and that they needed to do something about it. It lasted no more than 15 seconds. Why this should be a surprise considering how the club has treated its fans is beyond me. Mountain and mole hill comes to mind.

Not in the slightest.

I was hoping to write a memoir, "My role in Steve Kean's demise."

I just don't want a picture painted of a load of Rovers' fans threatening the owners.

If only. Instant best seller material!

Not in the slightest.

I was hoping to write a memoir, "My role in Steve Kean's demise."

I just don't want a picture painted of a load of Rovers' fans threatening the owners.

"I just don't want a picture painted of a load of Rovers' fans threatening the owners"

Please tell me you really don't mean that.

"I just don't want a picture painted of a load of Rovers' fans threatening the owners"

Please tell me you really don't mean that.

In the picture in my head they'd do more than threaten them.

I'd throw cabbages, hot bovril and gravel.

I doubt they'll show their face at Ewood again this season.

If Keans get a new contract or not sacked, it will be very very very interesting to see wether they'll ever come back. They would get a very hostile reception I would imagine and then we have next season - in the Championship, would they dare to show their faces after what they have done to us??

i spoke to an eye witness and he said they come up to the vip area at half time (about 12 of them) but wanted to go into the more exclusive area. they where told they could but only 3 of them. when they went through a rovers fan had a go at them and it was quite heated. they then left but a few stayed in the other part after they had gone

I believe there were three incidents with the Raos, two abusive, one firm and polite.

They were apparently given abuse on the way into the ground as they were forced to park and walk rather than get dropped right at the Directors' entrance. Venkatesh apparently got separated slightly and received an ear full although one of the people I heard had given the abuse I now know was not present at the time.

Balaji was told politely and firmly at half time by a Rovers party in an adjacent box what was wrong and what needed doing then later I believe the brothers bumped into some totally ###### up Rovers fans when they went outside for a smoke.

The top and bottom of it is they believe they were being victimised according to people who overheard their group in a huddle before they left. Balaji was also spooked when he was not allowed by the Wigan Directors to take his enormous American private security guards into the Directors' lounge. If you go to photo 4 in the Sun slide show, you can see one of them in a light grey suit and shades on the left of the picture behind Balaji.

Guest Rovers4Good

Who gives a flying whay happened as long as they know we don't support their rubbish management style.

It just sums them up saying they'll stay away until this dies down and i'm glad really because the further away they are the better in my eyes.

I gave it both barrels to a suited "indian" outside the players/directors enterance. He said he was a "venky rep" (no idea if he was or not) .

Ah, you might have been the one I thought was darwenblueswearehere, are you, how can I put this, 'thin on top'? Also did you hand over a piece of paper or a card to them, because this Rover definitely did, and they took it off him too.

Nice one, are you allowed to share what you said? or would it result in a ban?

I asked if the venkys would come and have a chat. He said they wouldn't. I asked if he was seeing them again and if he could pass a message on . He smiled and said sure when he finished his fag. I smiled and said tell them " they are a bunch of w . And rovers fans f hate them! " (cleanish version) at that point he looked shocked and I was asked by plod to move on. ... Like I say no idea if he was genuine or not.

I believe there were three incidents with the Raos, two abusive, one firm and polite.

They were apparently given abuse on the way into the ground as they were forced to park and walk rather than get dropped right at the Directors' entrance. Venkatesh apparently got separated slightly and received an ear full although one of the people I heard had given the abuse I now know was not present at the time.

Balaji was told politely and firmly at half time by a Rovers party in an adjacent box what was wrong and what needed doing then later I believe the brothers bumped into some totally ###### up Rovers fans when they went outside for a smoke.

The top and bottom of it is they believe they were being victimised according to people who overheard their group in a huddle before they left. Balaji was also spooked when he was not allowed by the Wigan Directors to take his enormous American private security guards into the Directors' lounge. If you go to photo 4 in the Sun slide show, you can see one of them in a light grey suit and shades on the left of the picture behind Balaji.

Not true Philip. They were not 'given abuse' outside the ground. I should know. There were a few shouts about how the club was being managed which, as I said lasted no more than 30 seconds, probably a lot less.

Ah, you might have been the one I thought was darwenblueswearehere, are you, how can I put this, 'thin on top'? Also did you hand over a piece of paper or a card to them, because this Rover definitely did, and they took it off him too.

It was my business card, with "Save our town, sack the clown" scribbled on it.

Archived