BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Please would somebody tell me what the NON protests have actually achieved?

They are the only people to have managed a one on one with one of the Raos. Sure, the Raos may not have acted, but so far they are the only people to have got any kind of response.

They've been instrumental in giving both sides a fair and even platform on which to state their cases (even when doing so caused legal problems)

They've been a key part of getting people in the club to open up and share information about what's really going on

They've been ensuring news of our plight gets to an audience beyond hardcore internet connected fans (you don't see Nicko, Nick Harris and Henry Winter at protests).

They've been key are getting our plight understand in India.

They've hired forensic accountants to examine the affairs of people who are seen to unduly influence Rovers

They've brought forward options for fan ownership and possible backers (I assume Dan G has never protested, my apologies if he has and Ian Battersby, whilst understanding the protests doesn't seem to be in favour, again apologies if I'm wrong)

So at the risk of this turning into "What have the Romans ever done for us", don't assume that just because I don't wear yellow and black and think marches and sits in are now counter productive, that I haven't done my bit to try and sort this mess out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Atleast without the protests the owners actually spent money in the summer, even if it was from the Jones sale. Now with a lot of the official protest actions we don't even get that. The fact 40 people turned up the other day shows you have alienated a hell of a lot of people that where with you from the start, so well done on that.

You're actually putting Venky's lack of spending (due to their lack of financial planning) down to the PROTESTERS? Get out of here.

Nominations have been getting taken for a week, and all nominations had to provide people who would also vouch for them, This was put out on the site, at the last protest, and also via other social media sites the group has used.

I'm sorry if you was not aware, as I did mention on Thursday also that a committee would be formed on Wednesday evening via a voting process.

The online vote has been closed to members of the site who had registered before the poll went up, to ensure it's not hijacked. There is other ways to vote, including by txt, or in person on the evening.

Its not too late for nominations to be put forward providing each nominee has 5 vouches from people who have not already vouched for someone else.

PR is something we are working on at present and all these things cost money, hence why its slow.

We are hoping by having a committee it takes away the personal element, and other website editors have already put themselves forward for nomination whilst some members of BRFC and the fans forum have vouched for them.

I would be delighted if you would also consider putting yourself forward as your experience in marketing, site management and other committee;s would be invaluable in setting the right direction, whilst developing the group.

I know we've just talked through that on twitter, but I thought it only fair I publicly Thank You for clearing stuff up.

wtf? :blink:

Well over here in bburn it was a boycott against the newcastle game but end of the day we arent exactly blessed by a geordie following are we...the last one rovers werent even playing.......

If venkys are not putting money into the club. If the club is short of money - how does boycotting help the club. The club needs supporters to go, to spend on order to bring money in. Sadly if venkys are not doing it, it is down to the fans. No fans there is no club. Rovers fans need to all they can to keep this club in the premiership. This would at least help in survival as a club. Relegation means less money, lest support. More chance club would fold. Boycotting damages the club - not venkys.

You're actually putting Venky's lack of spending (due to their lack of financial planning) down to the PROTESTERS? Get out of here.

I blame Venky's running away from the club for that. Quite how much of an impact the protests have had on that I don't know. Probably none at all, but that doubt still niggles at me.

I'm saying it hasn't helped. Up until Wigan atleast they actually semi gave a damn.

Wasn't that after Kean got awarded a new contract? If that's Venky's "giving a damn", I'd rather they stayed in their underground bunker.

I'm saying it hasn't helped. Up until Wigan atleast they actually semi gave a damn.

But there was nothing organised at Wigan, are you telling me those fans that saw the Rao's didn't have evey right to have a go at them?

Anyway, there is only one real protest, 5000 are undertaking it already, with plenty more joining it from next season.

We have had 20 years of sustained crowds that have been the biggest since the early 60s, wiped out in a year.

I love it. Venky's systematically take this club apart, invest precious little in the transfer windows, whilst selling our best assets and alienating senior members of playing & non-playing staff, but there's STILL sections of our support that will proportion blame onto the protesters. I think this whole affair has shown the true colours of certain members here.

They are the only people to have managed a one on one with one of the Raos. Sure, the Raos may not have acted, but so far they are the only people to have got any kind of response.

They've been instrumental in giving both sides a fair and even platform on which to state their cases (even when doing so caused legal problems)

They've been a key part of getting people in the club to open up and share information about what's really going on

They've been ensuring news of our plight gets to an audience beyond hardcore internet connected fans (you don't see Nicko, Nick Harris and Henry Winter at protests).

They've been key are getting our plight understand in India.

They've hired forensic accountants to examine the affairs of people who are seen to unduly influence Rovers

They've brought forward options for fan ownership and possible backers (I assume Dan G has never protested, my apologies if he has and Ian Battersby, whilst understanding the protests doesn't seem to be in favour, again apologies if I'm wrong)

So at the risk of this turning into "What have the Romans ever done for us", don't assume that just because I don't wear yellow and black and think marches and sits in are now counter productive, that I haven't done my bit to try and sort this mess out.

Very good post. Just because people do not wear yellow t-shirts, scarves, that they do not care about what is happening at the club. Not everybody can attend any marches etc etc. Many supporters live well outside the blackburn area - cannot attend most the matches / protests. This does not mean they care less.

Yet we receive comments from protestors, such as "what are you doing about it". Sadly if we do not live in the area, we are stuck with what to do - if anything.

I am sick to death of posts / comments / threats / DM's / PM's from protestors. Plus mystery phone calls / false allegations from others etc etc. You read on here debates - then others putting them down for having the nerve to have another opinion - or way of doing things. I do not care what name they go by, BRAG etc etc. It just makes me sick to my stomach.

I love it. Venky's systematically take this club apart, invest precious little in the transfer windows, whilst selling our best assets and alienating senior members of playing & non-playing staff, but there's STILL sections of our support that will proportion blame onto the protesters. I think this whole affair has shown the true colours of certain members here.

I don't blame the protesters. I lay the blame fairly and squarely on those that colluded to bring us new owners who seemed either unwilling or incapable of looking after the club. I blame those who didn't fight to keep the senior management team, I blame those who have kept a seemingly out of depth manager in a job, I blame those who promised money to be available to him for marquee signings and instead brought us a handful of cheap players and loanees. I blame those who made promises they've been unable or unwilling to keep.

I certainly don't blame those doing what they believe is right (even if I disagree) to make a difference and try to improve things.

.... it still doesn't mean I think the protests are a good thing.

If venkys are not putting money into the club. If the club is short of money - how does boycotting help the club. The club needs supporters to go, to spend on order to bring money in. Sadly if venkys are not doing it, it is down to the fans. No fans there is no club. Rovers fans need to all they can to keep this club in the premiership. This would at least help in survival as a club. Relegation means less money, lest support. More chance club would fold. Boycotting damages the club - not venkys.

OK PAFELL, i'm looking to make the ultimate sacrifice and force the bank into closing it, just to get these shysters out. Then hopefully then we can begin a fresh and rebuild.

In what sense, Glenn?

If you believe protests are largely pointless, I would agree. They may have brought attention to the club, but it hasn't made a blind bit of a difference to Venky's and we've been largely panned by the media anyway.

If you believe protests "don't help the lads" etc and will damage our relegation fight, then that's where I'll have to disagree with you. The reason we'll be relegated this season is squarely down to Venky's & Kean. People are clutching at straws when they try to argue otherwise.

• Moderation Lead

In what sense, Glenn?

If you believe protests are largely pointless, I would agree. They may have brought attention to the club, but it hasn't made a blind bit of a difference to Venky's and we've been largely panned by the media anyway.

If you believe protests "don't help the lads" etc and will damage our relegation fight, then that's where I'll have to disagree with you. The reason we'll be relegated this season is squarely down to Venky's & Kean. People are clutching at straws when they try to argue otherwise.

Agree.

if Rovers go behind by 2 against QPR think the crowd will turn against kean/Venkys big time just like against Bolton because everyone knows if we don't beat QPR our top flight days are getting very numbered....as for the protests it will explode..

if Rovers go behind by 2 against QPR think the crowd will turn against kean/Venkys big time just like against Bolton because everyone knows if we don't beat QPR our top flight days are getting very numbered....as for the protests it will explode..

Kean's a clever one. He builds the pressure right up and then suddenly bags a victory, filling the knee-jerkers with hopes of survival and anti-protest agenda - "Time to back the lads and save our seasonnnnnn!!11"

So we'll probably beat QPR now.

In what sense, Glenn?

I wouldn't even say they were pointless, in the early days they brought attention to our plight.

But now I feel they make do difference in terms of our relationship with the owners and the owners with the club. But now they divide the fan base, have a negative impact on the atmosphere and portraying a negative light in the media. Now these would certainly be a price worth paying if they were making a difference that would eventually benefit us. But I now feel, despite the best efforts of those involved, they've had as much impact as they're ever likely to have, so the downsides no longer justify them.

I agree that our relegation will be down to the owners and those advising them, but you yourself agree they are pointless, so why bother? Why not use the energy and organisation on something that may turn out to be less pointless ?

Nominations have been getting taken for a week, and all nominations had to provide people who would also vouch for them, This was put out on the site, at the last protest, and also via other social media sites the group has used.

If nominations have been taken for a week why did you not publicly state this at the Open Meeting on Thursday. BRAG have been taking nominations since last Sunday (I just found out) yet you omitted to mention this on Thursday. This could indicate only BRAG members are welcome on the committee.

I'm sorry if you was not aware, as I did mention on Thursday also that a committee would be formed on Wednesday evening via a voting process.

The emphasis here is on WOULD, which implies in the future, not the process was underway and closed three days later. It was suggested each of the groups would put forward two representatives but those groups have only been given three days to take nominations from their own bodies.

You made no mention this committee would be formed on Wednesday evening, which I take to be this Wednesday.

The online vote has been closed to members of the site who had registered before the poll went up, to ensure it's not hijacked. There is other ways to vote, including by txt, or in person on the evening.

Online, online, online is all I hear. How esle do we vote and who are we voting for, what are those peoples' views and principles. We can vote by text or "on the evening". What evening? Where? Will there be opportunity to listen to and question those views? Have you publicised this to the general support or just those fans with a PC or laptop.

Its not too late for nominations to be put forward providing each nominee has 5 vouches from people who have not already vouched for someone else.

As few people know about the committee formation how can this happen?

PR is something we are working on at present and all these things cost money, hence why its slow.

We are hoping by having a committee it takes away the personal element, and other website editors have already put themselves forward for nomination whilst some members of BRFC and the fans forum have vouched for them.

I would be delighted if you would also consider putting yourself forward as your experience in marketing, site management and other committee;s would be invaluable in setting the right direction, whilst developing the group.

BRAG certainly needs some help

I know we've just talked through that on twitter, but I thought it only fair I publicly Thank You for clearing stuff up.

Clearing up what stuff? Is this exclusive to Twitter users? A medium many people including myself find difficult to use.

BRAG have criticised the FF for being non-democratic yet BRAG are, in my personal opinion, looking for a stitch up. This is wrong.

• Moderation Lead

If nominations have been taken for a week why did you not publicly state this at the Open Meeting on Thursday. BRAG have been taking nominations since last Sunday (I just found out) yet you omitted to mention this on Thursday. This could indicate only BRAG members are welcome on the committee.

The emphasis here is on WOULD, which implies in the future, not the process was underway and closed three days later. It was suggested each of the groups would put forward two representatives but those groups have only been given three days to take nominations from their own bodies.

You made no mention this committee would be formed on Wednesday evening, which I take to be this Wednesday.

Online, online, online is all I hear. How esle do we vote and who are we voting for, what are those peoples' views and principles. We can vote by text or "on the evening". What evening? Where? Will there be opportunity to listen to and question those views? Have you publicised this to the general support or just those fans with a PC or laptop.

Clearing up what stuff? Is this exclusive to Twitter users? A medium many people including myself find difficult to use.

BRAG have criticised the FF for being non-democratic yet BRAG are, in my personal opinion, looking for a stitch up. This is wrong.

Certainly adds weight to any suggestion that some of these supporters groups aren't very inclusive, not what's needed when the fanbase is largely divided as it is...

I don't blame the protesters. I lay the blame fairly and squarely on those that colluded to bring us new owners who seemed either unwilling or incapable of looking after the club. I blame those who didn't fight to keep the senior management team, I blame those who have kept a seemingly out of depth manager in a job, I blame those who promised money to be available to him for marquee signings and instead brought us a handful of cheap players and loanees. I blame those who made promises they've been unable or unwilling to keep.

I certainly don't blame those doing what they believe is right (even if I disagree) to make a difference and try to improve things.

Excellent post now why is the above so difficult to understand by some on here?

Quote from the BRAG minutes of the Open Meeting:

The various groups relayed how they formed etc and all agreed that under our current ownership we have declined dramatically as a club and on the pitch. The consensus was that as a whole we need to come together to form a committee with members of each supporter group on this committee. This could then potentially form the start of the ST. It was therefore proposed that a committee could be formed from all groups and all groups were asked to relay this proposal back to their respective members. All parties appeared open to the suggestion

In defence of BRAG - this is elections to their own committee. There was discussion of setting up something between all groups, of which BRAG will be just one.

Archived