BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

So a repeat of the crowd scenes vs Bolton in December is what you are looking for?

The organised protests have provided people with a platform off which they can voice their concerns proudly, in a safe manner.

With the organised element in place people can voice their feelings outside of the match time, then get into the ground and get behind the team, urging them on to 3 vital points.

Without the organised element people will be left to voice their discontent during the game when we fall behind.

I haven't said I'm looking for a repeat of Bolton but if it happens so be it. It's more effective than an organised walk which generally attracts a few hundred. I prefer emotion to organisation.

The BRAG protests have worked to bring our plight to the media's attention but have achieved little else.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

paul could you be more elaborate with "showing their true colours" what exactly are you infering?

everyone has been behind the team?

why have brag lost the battle?

BRAG have to decide which is more important Kean / Venkys out or Premiership survival? I'm also interested to know why BRAG has previously rubbished the efforts of others to protect the club.

They've lost the battle because their stated objective has not been achieved and both the club and owners have stopped listening and communicating. Protest all you wish but it will be met with a wall of silence. Has no one noticed the louder the noise the quieter the response?

BRAG have to decide which is more important Kean / Venkys out or Premiership survival? I'm also interested to know why BRAG has previously rubbished the efforts of others to protect the club.

They've lost the battle because their stated objective has not been achieved and both the club and owners have stopped listening and communicating. Protest all you wish but it will be met with a wall of silence. Has no one noticed the louder the noise the quieter the response?

and its really working isn't it?

Far from true.

Going back to the first sentence, nobody is rubbishing any efforts any groups have tried to protect the club? although You are here rubbishing the action group's as achieving nothing and having no communication with the club, which is not accurate.

This is far from showing unity?

Kean/Venkys/Premiership survival? None of these are important as the club is bigger than all three put together, what is important is that we have a club

Rubbished which efforts?

Lost the battle? This only happens if we all give up, I dont see everyone giving up

Venkys communicate with no-one including the board, but the board has and still communicates with the Action Group, and did so on Wednesday

PAUL PLEASE ANSWER THE TRUE COLOURS SHOWING OF BIT

Kean/Venkys/Premiership survival? None of these are important as the club is bigger than all three put together, what is important is that we have a club

Rubbished which efforts?

Lost the battle? This only happens if we all give up, I dont see everyone giving up

Venkys communicate with no-one including the board, but the board has and still communicates with the Action Group, and did so on Wednesday

PAUL PLEASE ANSWER THE TRUE COLOURS SHOWING OF BIT

ABBEY see the statement above - "Kean/ Venkys/Premiership Survival? None of these are important as the club is bigger than all three put together, what is important is we have a club"

The choice is between Kean / Venkys out (which won't happen this season) - or survival as without survival there may be nothing to support. It appears to me that if we are relegated we will not have a club. Our income will drop by £25m. The value of the club becomes virtually nothing and most of the squad will have to be sold. That means at the very least we will have to rebuild the squad and the club from scratch. We have to stay in the PL. Along with many I have thought we are down already but somehow there is still a chance of survival which shows the teams around us must be just as bad, perhaps in Wigan's case worse. So for me the open protest needs to stop, if the crowd protest against QPR so be it, no one can stop that.

The talk and communication with the club can and should continue. It would be good to know the content of these discussions because as far as I can tell we have been told nothing.

Rubbished which efforts?

Well there's you have it - Glen has highlighted the clubs problems in one sentence.

The protestors can have dialogue with the board, from now until the end of the season but if there's no communication between the board (whoever they are) and the owners then the protestors are wasting their breath and time.

It would be much better if everyone used their energy in getting behind the players on match days, instead of fannying about with posters and kean/venky out chants.

It would be much better if everyone used their energy in getting behind the players on match days, instead of fannying about with posters and kean/venky out chants.

Like last season and the beginning of this season? Tell me how that worked out? Top 10 to almost being relegated on the final day and the following season the worst start to a league campaign for 80 years.

Not protesting sure had a positive impact on results. :rolleyes:

Please would somebody tell me what these protests have actually achieved? We are bottom 3, players sold with crap brought in, attendances way down.

Other than turn fans on fans, I can't see what else they have done. The meaning is there (or was...) but nothing is actually happening other than getting a few people their 15 minutes of fame.

Agree Alan75.

I am sure Liverpool fans wouldn't mind us borrowing 'you'll never walk alone' for 5 minutes before the QPR match and get as many blue & white scarfs held aloft in the Blackburn End as possible and sing as one voice.

What? In place of that great little ditty they shockingly roll out every game.?

The most embarassing part of match day....Wild Rover...utter shyte.

I know I should be writing content for BRFCS not my own blog, but as I like to remain neutral on BRFCS I thought I'd put some distance between them.

So, my take on the protests and why the now need to stop (at least in their current form)

http://glenn.pegden.com/blog/2012/02/05/why-the-rovers-protests-have-to-stop-now/

I know I should be writing content for BRFCS not my own blog, but as I like to remain neutral on BRFCS I thought I'd put some distance between them.

So, my take on the protests and why the now need to stop (at least in their current form)

http://glenn.pegden.com/blog/2012/02/05/why-the-rovers-protests-have-to-stop-now/

Glenn, what is the point in seeking out new owners if Venkys won't sell?

Venkys could well stay and we still end up in administration. If a snake bit you and you had a choice between losing an arm or a leg to survive then you accept the inevitable.

However, I have to agree that protests are no longer working. It doesn't matter what approach we take Venkys are NOT AFFECTED AND NOT INTERESTED.

Will you confirm what you meant recently when you mentioned some kind of news regarding the FF?

A good read Glenn, and you are without doubt correct with most of your observations, however this:

It’s also a campaign EVERYONE can get behind. The protests have divided the fan base, not on their intended aims, but on whether the ends justify them means. Now is the time to move, to ignore the owners (as they are now doing to us) and reclaim our club, get Ewood bouncing again for US not them. Make it somewhere we’re proud of being associated with, not embarrassed with.

Just isn't going to happen,there is just too much of a negative/angry/resigned atmosphere around the place, and I can't see it changing anytime soon.

Since Wednesday, most people I've spoken with have become increasingly resigned to the the fact that we are simply 'done' with 'done' covering a range of severity of the worst kind.

Several Rovers' supporters I met last night have been shocked, alienated to such a degree that our troubles are passed-off as 'I don't care any longer, our club is no longer ours, our club is finished, not bothering with the rest of the season, looking forward to more golf etc'.

We are in deep, deep trouble and in 50 years or so, I personally have never experienced such apathy. Even when at the bottom of the old Third Division, there was real spirit amongst the supporters of the time.

Should the protests continue ? If they don't, IMO, I feel that the apathy, lethargy and bullsh1t of our owners and management will just continue to prevail, destroying our club still further. When we are relegated, it will just be put down to 'one of those things that happen to 3 clubs every season' and not to the grossly inadequate management from owners and management that haa destroyed a great historic football club in such a short space of time.

Will you confirm what you meant recently when you mentioned some kind of news regarding the FF?

No. :P

Simply because when I wrote what I did, I expected one of two outcomes. As it went in a third direction, one I'm not entirely sure how I feel about, I'll reserve comment until I've made my own mind up,

I sat at the fans meeting on thursday,i have to say it went well and everybody seemed to be pulling in the same direction,however im in the mind that the owners will never open dialogue with the club(how many people have attempted?)

We also have a problem within the supporters,that us(brfc action group)and the rest of the supporters are divided?yes?why?

Why is it hard to stand up and voice your opinion?,why is it difficult to be as one?

The brfc action as ALWAYS been 110% behind the team(despite what people are accusing us of),after every march we get a speech from one of the lads and its always to get behind the team,so what is the problem?we are with the majority or not?

The bolton kick off had nothing to do with the action group that just went off due to obvious reasons yet we are getting blamed for it..why?...

Why is it one gentleman can call us traitors as he casual walked past our portest yet wont call the stay aways traitors?..i cannot for the life of me get my head round that one...

Iknow end of the day evryone as their way of dealing with this farce,but surely 16k plus fans cant all just tut and stare at the protests and label us holigans.numpties,traitors yet the majority fairly back the team but only start shouting when its going wrong why?...its been going wrong since the day kean took over yet here we are still arguing at recyled rubbish?.

Dont you all think we ALL deserve to show the venkys we arent happy by at least marching together?dont you all think we deserve our club back?because where im standing all we are doing is wasting our energy on infighting amongst our selves,i take on board not everyone agrees with the brfc action group,ive made a lot of mistakes in the past on roversmad being over xealous and passionate...but now the time as come where are still getting hammered away,beat at home....what ive seen of this board its seems to be the genral sentence.....shut up!back the team and we will be ok...really???...who asnt backed the team again?.....the action group as also in the past been accused of losing brfc points,now that is laughable,especially when right under your noses you have a man who is waayyyy out of his depth managing a established premiership team,yet you would rather use the brfc action group as scapegoats..unbeileveable!....

Im not here to judge anyone,im here to show my feelings about our current plight,fine!if you dont want to march..fine if you dont want to protest....but leave the group alone for what they believe in...what about the 4k who havent renewed,are you knocking on their doors and confronting them?

Agree Alan75.

I am sure Liverpool fans wouldn't mind us borrowing 'you'll never walk alone' for 5 minutes before the QPR match and get as many blue & white scarfs held aloft in the Blackburn End as possible and sing as one voice.

I feel sick ... The thought of that awful scouse song makes feeling like topping myself, HATE IT

Rubbished which efforts?

I think what paul is saying, is what have the protests acheived. It is common knowledge throught the football world that fans are not happy with venkys and Kean. But that is ALL it has acheived. Plus turning supporters against each other.

What it has not acheived, is moved venkys to action - if anything it has made them more silent.

There is less communication.

Less statements from them.

Still no dialogue with fans.

Kean is still here.

Still no proper funds for the transfer windows.

Still no chairman.

But the club is still being run in the shambolic way is has been run, since venkys came in.

There is only one way to hit venkys is to hit them where they hurt most. That is thee brand in India. How to do that is another question. But there must be a legal way of doing it. The article in the financial times in India was good. But it has not been built upon. There must be a way of building on that.

Venkys have to be forced to sell the club. So clever lawyers need to search for away. Even help from the bank. But a way has to be found.

But venkys would rather let the club go bust than give in to protestors. That is their mentality.

Far from true.

Going back to the first sentence, nobody is rubbishing any efforts any groups have tried to protect the club? although You are here rubbishing the action group's as achieving nothing and having no communication with the club, which is not accurate.

Ok then, apart from having communication with the club - who are powerless to act with regards to venkys. What else has been acheived. This is not a dig, just a question.

Pafell What statements have the V's put out apart from lies about beckham and co , champions league , cup wins , top 8 and spending whatever it takes.

They say bugger all , don't attend and yet you blame the protesters ....PATHETIC .

Did you protest in the 80's or have you always done nowt?

Archived