BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

If you choose not to protest thats your perogative, but please leave those alone who wish to voice their opinion as they are entitled to protest as much as you are entitiled not to.

:tu:

This group is fighting for our club, as it believes it must, Some may not agree and some do, but whatever the opinion its vital for the sake of unity that each and everyone of you allows each supporter to make that choice for themselves.

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

I wholeheartedly agree.

We are not professionals and are having to learn as we go along, as we have found ourselves in this situation through desperation, and not through choice. The group has now got to the numbers were a committee is needed, whilst the progress the group has made makes a committee a must

Indeed and people forget that only too quickly.

Protest are temporary, the group is not

.... and this needs to be really stressed for them to gain any kind of credibility

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it. Venky's systematically take this club apart, invest precious little in the transfer windows, whilst selling our best assets and alienating senior members of playing & non-playing staff, but there's STILL sections of our support that will proportion blame onto the protesters. I think this whole affair has shown the true colours of certain members here.

Correct. After all that has gone on if someone is not against them then they are for them imo.

Glen (one n) it must also be stressed it works both ways. In n04, row 11 sits a group of men, wearing protest shirts who regularly abuse anyone not seen by them to be on their side as a protestor. Against Fulham they abused Pedersen after he got man of the match, then an elderly fella who disagreed with them, so much so that him and his family didn't return for Newcastle.

It is unfortunately things like this that the majority see, and then you playing the victim card on your posts. It works both ways and I have seen both and I don't like it one bit. Like I stated earlier, I was all for the protests at first, even went to most, but the fact it has fractured the fan base so much can not and should not be ignored.

but the fact it has fractured the fan base so much can not and should not be ignored.

The clubs fantastic PR machine and "Mr Football" himself are the ones who have fractured the fan base with the side swipes at ALL rovers supporters, whether protesters or not. We all fall under the blue and white flag and for the club and manager to turn us against each other is very underhanded.

The clubs fantastic PR machine and "Mr Football" himself are the ones who have fractured the fan base with the side swipes at ALL rovers supporters, whether protesters or not. We all fall under the blue and white flag and for the club and manager to turn us against each other is very underhanded.

+1. I was just about to post the same.

so I take it you will be at ewood for the next 7 games.

maps spam

Abbey I an sick to death of people like you having digs at people who do not live in the area about attending matches. I attend when I can afford to do so. I do not live in the blackburn area. It costs a lot for me to just get to blackburn, let alone place to stay, then ticket.

Now I am telling you for the last time. Get off my back. Go take your stalking elsewhere.

Abbey I an sick to death of people like you having digs at people who do not live in the area about attending matches. I attend when I can afford to do so. I do not live in the blackburn area. It costs a lot for me to just get to blackburn, let alone place to stay, then ticket.

Now I am telling you for the last time. Get off my back. Go take your stalking elsewhere.

chill love......

I was responding to you telling everyone they must attend games but your not even coming.I am fully aware of costs dont patronise its not big and its its not clever dude.

stalking ? my oh my your telling me for the last time.

chill love......

I was responding to you telling everyone they must attend games but your not even coming.I am fully aware of costs dont patronise its not big and its its not clever dude.

stalking ? my oh my your telling me for the last time. YES - there are legal avenues that can be taken. Bare that in mind.

I have always said if a person is able to attend matches then they should. Boycotting only harms the club, not venkys.

I am tired of getting threats, abuse via Pm on here or DM on twitter and other means that I am willing to take whatever action I need to do to stop it continuing. You are just one of a few I have had to deal with today. Somebody made threats of violence today in my direction. To say I am fuming is an understatement.

Glen (one n) it must also be stressed it works both ways. In n04, row 11 sits a group of men, wearing protest shirts who regularly abuse anyone not seen by them to be on their side as a protestor. Against Fulham they abused Pedersen after he got man of the match, then an elderly fella who disagreed with them, so much so that him and his family didn't return for Newcastle.

It is unfortunately things like this that the majority see, and then you playing the victim card on your posts. It works both ways and I have seen both and I don't like it one bit. Like I stated earlier, I was all for the protests at first, even went to most, but the fact it has fractured the fan base so much can not and should not be ignored.

Rovers have always had a minority of supporters who are, to say the least, objectionable. I dare say most other clubs do. but we don't judge the support base or the majority of the protest group by them surely?

I have always said if a person is able to attend matches then they should. Boycotting only harms the club, not venkys.

I am tired of getting threats, abuse via Pm on here or DM on twitter and other means that I am willing to take whatever action I need to do to stop it continuing. You are just one of a few I have had to deal with today. Somebody made threats of violence today in my direction. To say I am fuming is an understatement.

i have not threatened anyone .

I wouldn't even say they were pointless, in the early days they brought attention to our plight.

But now I feel they make do difference in terms of our relationship with the owners and the owners with the club. But now they divide the fan base, have a negative impact on the atmosphere and portraying a negative light in the media. Now these would certainly be a price worth paying if they were making a difference that would eventually benefit us. But I now feel, despite the best efforts of those involved, they've had as much impact as they're ever likely to have, so the downsides no longer justify them.

I agree that our relegation will be down to the owners and those advising them, but you yourself agree they are pointless, so why bother? Why not use the energy and organisation on something that may turn out to be less pointless ?

Well they're not pointless. At the very least they allow fans a way to express their anger in a peaceful way. People need that or things could get worse. Secondly they keep the plight of the club in the media. Thirdly, and increasingly, the protest movement is looking beyond weekly games and this season to the longer-term future.

It is because of the divisions amongst supporters why we need local supporters clubs in various areas. It may help ease tensions. Even though not the full answer. Having various clubs is a way of being able to share information on what is or not happening. Some folk I suggest often find it difficult to put forward their view point in written form, as they have to do on here. Also hard to gage what some folk are trying to say. Sometimes face to face conversations can be more reasonable debated - not always of course.

i have not threatened anyone .

Abbey that is fair enough. No you have not threatened me. I have received threats etc from elsewhere. But constant gripes / digs from you about my attending matches when I live miles away just adds to the situation I am finding myself in at the moment.

It is because of the divisions amongst supporters why we need local supporters clubs in various areas. It may help ease tensions. Even though not the full answer. Having various clubs is a way of being able to share information on what is or not happening. Some folk I suggest often find it difficult to put forward their view point in written form, as they have to do on here. Also hard to gage what some folk are trying to say. Sometimes face to face conversations can be more reasonable debated - not always of course.

Abbey that is fair enough. No you have not threatened me. I have received threats etc from elsewhere. But constant gripes / digs from you about my attending matches when I live miles away just adds to the situation I am finding myself in at the moment.

unfollowing....you made it sound as tho i had.

Divide and rule.

I can't believe so many of us are perpetuating the myth that Rovers supporters are worthy of blame for either protesting or not protesting or that it might be hugely significant one way or the other.

Que sera sera... I want change at BRFC desperately but I think, and have come to terms with the fact, we have to take the relegation hit for it to actually happen.

The best protest for me was the Bolton game. Vitriolic, organic, unorganised. Kean using his family as a human shield told us a lot more about him than the protest itself. That was the one that rattled 'the powers that be'. I don't like BRAG ( v poor acronym incidentally) trying to dictate what should happen and when. The Fans Forum cannot speak as one but maybe the BRFC Supporters Trust will do one day. It needs as many people as possible on board and vocal self publicists are the prime contenders. TBH democracy and inclusiveness are less important than enthusiasm and belligerence right now. Personally I'd like to see Thenodrog take an active role as he really feels his opinion is always right and significant and can be obnoxious enough to make an impact, even unto the Indian subcontinent, if he could only channel his venom accurately.

I know apathy is seeming to win out at the moment but, forget handcuffs, the QPR game could see Ewood Park goal posts toppled (NB conjecture not advocacy).

Keep on keeping on...

I know apathy is seeming to win out at the moment but, forget handcuffs, the QPR game could see Ewood Park goal posts toppled (NB conjecture not advocacy).

My word. Could you imagine the backlash if that were to ever happen?

Anyone posting the above should have that tattooed on his genitals.

Moving on Ok drop the idiot bit, as it can be viewed as offensive. But maybe just a, ''I AM'' as a slogan for Rovers supporters who go but dont believe in the Venkys /Kean regime.

Rovers have always had a minority of supporters who are, to say the least, objectionable. I dare say most other clubs do. but we don't judge the support base or the majority of the protest group by them surely?

Well yeah, when they are wearing the protests uniform so to speak.

If I was in my work uniform and did that, id be seen as representing my workplace. Same goes for these guys, they are representing the protesters and paint them in a very bad light. Just like anyone who says they are a non protestor then threaten a protestor, same thing.

As mentioned, we are all rovers fans at the end of the day and I think we all want the same thing, but it is increasingly being made into a us vs them type attitude which needs to be stopped. The pr team and Kean have made that worse, but they are just taking advantage of the situation that was started before that.

As mentioned, we are all rovers fans at the end of the day and I think we all want the same thing, but it is increasingly being made into a us vs them type attitude which needs to be stopped. The pr team and Kean have made that worse, but they are just taking advantage of the situation that was started before that.

imo it was kean who started the whole 'us vs them' thing when he started calling out people saying they weren't real fans, that the people who go away games were the real fans until he changed his mind about that too, asking some fans to 'stand up' against other fans, stating that he would meet fans but then stating that he's scared to walk around the town bla bla bla

Every other manager in this situation would do their best to get the fans back on his side, not kean, he's just carried on his crusade against the fans.

imo it was kean who started the whole 'us vs them' thing when he started calling out people saying they weren't real fans, that the people who go away games were the real fans until he changed his mind about that too, asking some fans to 'stand up' against other fans, stating that he would meet fans but then stating that he's scared to walk around the town bla bla bla

Every other manager in this situation would do their best to get the fans back on his side, not kean, he's just carried on his crusade against the fans.

Absolutely CN. And to think some have sympathy for our General Manager / CEO. Yes his role is ridiculous in the extreme but he never complains, is totally diversive, a liar, and doesn't have the best interests of BRFC at heart. As for the fans, it would be great for Kean if we just concentrated on knocking hell out of each other, it would be a welcome distraction to talk about that than how the decision to award the 42nd opposition corner in the first half really changed the game.

Having spoken to three Rovers fans today that I haven't seen for ages two things are very clear. 1. Everyone is disgusted and angry with what is happening to our club. No one is in support of Venkys. They must depart before they do anymore damage. 2. Of the three 1 has stopped going already (ST Holder) the other two won't renew. Seems pretty typical to me that of where we're at.

The fans need to unite. Lose against QPR and there will be protests. Possibly similar to the Bolton match. That's how it should be. You can't tell 10,000 odd people (whatever) how to vent their frustrations. It's spontaneous. We win, we get to fight another day, we lose then we're a step closer to something or other, possibly not just relegation.

I might renew. God knows why. That's everyone's personal choice. I'll not be rushing to do so, will probably leave it until the last day for renewals. I do hope others do the same who choose to go through all this crap again next season. Just on the 1% chance that someone in Pune may actually notice that no one has given them any money.

As for the goalposts mentioned a few posts previously. No one is listening to us. Owners, Manager, Agent, "Board", players, Sky, Press, FA, Premier League, LMA, PFA. Nothing has happened. No action. A few words here and there. Platitudes. And what happens when people aren't being heard?* They start getting frustrated. Start getting angry and start doing silly things. I'm in no way advocating or encouraging anything along those lines, don't misconstrue what I'm saying. But it's almost inevitable if the silence continues.

We've lost our last two matches. -8 GD. There was no fight or organisation at Arsenal. Our Captain has had enough / thrown the towel in. Experienced Pros have been allowed to leave / will leave for nothing. It makes no odds though, while we have Venkys as our owners and Kean as general manager and an 'advisor' hovering in the wings the club has absolutely no chance.

Someone mentioned burnley today on here. Good grief. It would be WWIII if we lost to them with these clowns in charge. To hell with what anyone else would think in the media.

(* no I'm not advocating stealing plasma teles)

Someone mentioned burnley today on here. Good grief. It would be WWIII if we lost to them with these clowns in charge. To hell with what anyone else would think in the media.

Kean in charge of a match against Burnley. Doesn't bear thinking about. If we lost it's the only thing that would make him less popular than he already is. It'd be carnage, the Bolton reaction would be a picnic in comparison.

I wouldn't get wound up about it bud, should just be water off a ducks back. Empty threats over the internet are exactly that, empty.

Archived