BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Pafell What statements have the V's put out apart from lies about beckham and co , champions league , cup wins , top 8 and spending whatever it takes.

They say bugger all , don't attend and yet you blame the protesters ....PATHETIC .

Did you protest in the 80's or have you always done nowt?

Where in my post have I said anything about blame. I joined a debate about what has been achieved by the protests.

Yes I know the past statements from venkys have been daft. Now we get nowt at all. Even less action.

As to not doing anything. How many times do you need to be told. I do not live in Lancashire - what do I do. Have a one man protest in the south. In the 80's I was in the army in Germany and Belfast - so no was not involved then.

Most Rovers supporters who live far from Ewood have to leave protests to the local folk. Unless have megabucks and can keep coming, taking time off work etc etc. But that does not make us any less supporters than locals. We can still have a say.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have a horrible feeling that however much we the fans protest this season is going to end in utter tradgedy for this once proud club.

Owners who dont give a damn.

No money.

A rookie manager who is useless and hated by most fans.

A poor quality side lacking in belief,guile and craft.

Those are surefire bad ingredients in this BRFC recipe for total disaster.

:(

The concept of BRAG (or BRST, or even BRISA) is a great one. Unfortunately BRAG from the off was taken to be a militant direct action group (and I know from talking to Glen, that that was never the intention) and that's going to be a very very hard tag to lose. Choosing colours with no connection to Rovers and publicly supporting another team (all be it one that needs some a helping hand) hasn't helped in the slightest. I'm not saying their aims aren't noble, only that it's how they are perceived.

I sat at the fans meeting on thursday,i have to say it went well and everybody seemed to be pulling in the same direction,however im in the mind that the owners will never open dialogue with the club(how many people have attempted?)

We also have a problem within the supporters,that us(brfc action group)and the rest of the supporters are divided?yes?why?

Why is it hard to stand up and voice your opinion?,why is it difficult to be as one?

The brfc action as ALWAYS been 110% behind the team(despite what people are accusing us of),after every march we get a speech from one of the lads and its always to get behind the team,so what is the problem?we are with the majority or not?

The bolton kick off had nothing to do with the action group that just went off due to obvious reasons yet we are getting blamed for it..why?...

Why is it one gentleman can call us traitors as he casual walked past our portest yet wont call the stay aways traitors?..i cannot for the life of me get my head round that one...

Iknow end of the day evryone as their way of dealing with this farce,but surely 16k plus fans cant all just tut and stare at the protests and label us holigans.numpties,traitors yet the majority fairly back the team but only start shouting when its going wrong why?...its been going wrong since the day kean took over yet here we are still arguing at recyled rubbish?.

Dont you all think we ALL deserve to show the venkys we arent happy by at least marching together?dont you all think we deserve our club back?because where im standing all we are doing is wasting our energy on infighting amongst our selves,i take on board not everyone agrees with the brfc action group,ive made a lot of mistakes in the past on roversmad being over xealous and passionate...but now the time as come where are still getting hammered away,beat at home....what ive seen of this board its seems to be the genral sentence.....shut up!back the team and we will be ok...really???...who asnt backed the team again?.....the action group as also in the past been accused of losing brfc points,now that is laughable,especially when right under your noses you have a man who is waayyyy out of his depth managing a established premiership team,yet you would rather use the brfc action group as scapegoats..unbeileveable!....

Im not here to judge anyone,im here to show my feelings about our current plight,fine!if you dont want to march..fine if you dont want to protest....but leave the group alone for what they believe in...what about the 4k who havent renewed,are you knocking on their doors and confronting them?

The concept of BRAG (or BRST, or even BRISA) is a great one. Unfortunately BRAG from the off was taken to be a militant direct action group (and I know from talking to Glen, that that was never the intention) and that's going to be a very very hard tag to lose. Choosing colours with no connection to Rovers and publicly supporting another team (all be it one that needs some a helping hand) hasn't helped in the slightest. I'm not saying their aims aren't noble, only that it's how they are perceived.

Yes I have often heard comments down here that Rovers supporters have given up on Rovers and are now going to chorley.

This does not help Rovers - helps chorley.

The yellow and black was made up of a statement (yellow and black till steve is sacked)thats all it was,i cannot understand for the life of me how people percieve us to be millitant?cam you explain that one please?all we have done is chose a pub to get together....marched down the road....protested inside and outside the ground......are you seriously telling me that there wasnt any non protestors on any of these events?....i knew of 10 lads lasses who werent protesting at the time...who did the sit ins and players entrance..why cant we all just be as one and do one march together and see where it leads?....cue the negatives....

Ok so now the protesters think survival isnt important!!! Just some doomsday about the club not exsisting anymore. (which will be more of a likely scenario if we get relegated. Its almost like they want us to get relegated.

Yet you wonder why you are splitting the fans.

Just because you shout it doesnt make it any more true.

Ok so now the protesters think survival isnt important!!! Just some doomsday about the club not exsisting anymore. (which will be more of a likely scenario if we get relegated. Its almost like they want us to get relegated.

Yet you wonder why you are splitting the fans.

Just because you shout it doesnt make it any more true.

wtf? :blink:

Yes I have often heard comments down here that Rovers supporters have given up on Rovers and are now going to chorley.

Well over here in bburn it was a boycott against the newcastle game but end of the day we arent exactly blessed by a geordie following are we...the last one rovers werent even playing.......

Although I don't always agree with the way people go about things or say, some people definitely need an outlet. Protesting provides this for some although it doesn't do anything for me in this situation - because I feel it simply isn't having the effect intended. What I do share is the belief that there are many undeniable facts that we can draw up from the last 14 months which include:

*The only real communication we get is often a lie or a false promise.

*Results on the pitch aren't as good as they used to be.

*Rovers is not in any way, shape or form, the same Rovers that we were brought up with.

*This manager under any previous ownership would be veryunlikely to have been (a) Offered the job and (B ) kept his job with the results that his team have provided - but it is highly unlikely that he is going anywhere.

All of the above must ###### any self respecting fan off to some degree and some need to vent their anger through making signs and chanting.

Pafell What statements have the V's put out apart from lies about beckham and co , champions league , cup wins , top 8 and spending whatever it takes.

They say bugger all , don't attend and yet you blame the protesters ....PATHETIC .

Did you protest in the 80's or have you always done nowt?

Its hard to believe all this hysteria around the protests today, back in the 80’s you protested if you felt the club was being badly run or badly managed. We didn’t have a split in the support, you either protested or you didn’t, but everyone never fell out.

The club has never been in a more precarious position for me, back in the 80’s we didn’t have a pot to wee in, but we also never had players earning mega money, so everything was manageable. Today the club teeters on the brink and if ever a set of supporters needed to stand up and be counted its now. Sitting back and being angry in isolation won’t cut it, we need the fan base united and fighting for the common cause, the future of Blackburn Rovers.

It really is that serious in my book, see you at the next protest.

we have to vent our frustrations somehow, if we sit back and accept the inevitable without putting up a fight then come the end, people will be asking why didnt we try and at least make a stance, we have to show venkys, we are not happy, it may have no bareing but at least they know how we feel!!!

we have to vent our frustrations somehow, if we sit back and accept the inevitable without putting up a fight then come the end, people will be asking why didnt we try and at least make a stance, we have to show venkys, we are not happy, it may have no bareing but at least they know how we feel!!!

Erm ...dont know what you mean here, after all the protests, the plane, the 24 vigil, the reports in the Indian media. All would suggest to me that the fans have pretty much exhausted every avenue open to them to voice their concerns.

The time has surely come to boycott the club at least then the players would be playing at home under no pressure whatsoever.

Erm ...dont know what you mean here, after all the protests, the plane, the 24 vigil, the reports in the Indian media. All would suggest to me that the fans have pretty much exhausted every avenue open to them to voice their concerns.

The time has surely come to boycott the club at least then the players would be playing at home under no pressure whatsoever.

Plenty of people are already boycotting JAL, but some people cannot bring themselves to miss the football, thats understandable, but they need to feel like they're doing something rather than sitting back and doing nothing. So for me it doesn't matter if the protests are seen to be working or not, doing nothing isn't an option, ask the Man United fans who protest against the Glazers week in week out if its not worth bothering.

Well i've had a ST for 40 years and i'm off to Fleetwood next season, if the Pune scum are still here that is.

Please would somebody tell me what these protests have actually achieved? We are bottom 3, players sold with crap brought in, attendances way down.

Other than turn fans on fans, I can't see what else they have done. The meaning is there (or was...) but nothing is actually happening other than getting a few people their 15 minutes of fame.

Sorry, but BRAG just lost a load more credibility today.

I was considering giving it my full support (as none of the alternatives were going any where) and felt my experiences with BRISA, the FF and in some ways BRFCS meant I could help contribute to fixing the current PR mess they're in. I've been sat waiting for the announcement of when they were taking nominations for positions, only to find it's been, gone and because I didn't register on the website in time, I don't even get to vote!

You guys REALLY need a Press/PR guy and you REALLY need to advertise what you're doing more, or you'll just alienate more and more fans.

Please would somebody tell me what these protests have actually achieved? We are bottom 3, players sold with crap brought in, attendances way down.

Other than turn fans on fans, I can't see what else they have done. The meaning is there (or was...) but nothing is actually happening other than getting a few people their 15 minutes of fame.

Please would somebody tell me what the NON protests have actually achieved? We are bottom 3, players sold with crap brought in, attendances way down.

Other than turn ON PROTESTERS , I can't see what else they have done. The meaning is there (or was...) but nothing is actually happening other than getting a few people their 15 minutes of fame.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing… Edmund Burke 1729-1797

A little melodramatic? I don't think so when you consider what Venkys has done to our club is nothing short of evil to the town of Blackburn and the loyal supporters of BRFC.

Well I did something-and what ever the final out come is I, along with all the other proud protesters, tried.

What did YOU do?

What, like wearing yellow and black? Genius.

Got any actual suggestions instead of trolling?

No, that's your suggestion. When have I suggested wearing Yellow and Black?

I've simply suggested we don't attempt to rob a song from another football club. For two reasons:

It's already known world wide and is linked to Liverpool.

It would look slightly less intimidating when there's 150 people doing it in the Blackburn End.

If it's trolling to defend the tiny bit of dignity that is left in this club then so be it.

Sorry, but BRAG just lost a load more credibility today.

I was considering giving it my full support (as none of the alternatives were going any where) and felt my experiences with BRISA, the FF and in some ways BRFCS meant I could help contribute to fixing the current PR mess they're in. I've been sat waiting for the announcement of when they were taking nominations for positions, only to find it's been, gone and because I didn't register on the website in time, I don't even get to vote!

You guys REALLY need a Press/PR guy and you REALLY need to advertise what you're doing more, or you'll just alienate more and more fans.

Nominations have been getting taken for a week, and all nominations had to provide people who would also vouch for them, This was put out on the site, at the last protest, and also via other social media sites the group has used.

I'm sorry if you was not aware, as I did mention on Thursday also that a committee would be formed on Wednesday evening via a voting process.

The online vote has been closed to members of the site who had registered before the poll went up, to ensure it's not hijacked. There is other ways to vote, including by txt, or in person on the evening.

Its not too late for nominations to be put forward providing each nominee has 5 vouches from people who have not already vouched for someone else.

PR is something we are working on at present and all these things cost money, hence why its slow.

We are hoping by having a committee it takes away the personal element, and other website editors have already put themselves forward for nomination whilst some members of BRFC and the fans forum have vouched for them.

I would be delighted if you would also consider putting yourself forward as your experience in marketing, site management and other committee;s would be invaluable in setting the right direction, whilst developing the group.

Please would somebody tell me what the NON protests have actually achieved? We are bottom 3, players sold with crap brought in, attendances way down.

Other than turn ON PROTESTERS , I can't see what else they have done. The meaning is there (or was...) but nothing is actually happening other than getting a few people their 15 minutes of fame.

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing… Edmund Burke 1729-1797

A little melodramatic? I don't think so when you consider what Venkys has done to our club is nothing short of evil to the town of Blackburn and the loyal supporters of BRFC.

Well I did something-and what ever the final out come is I, along with all the other proud protesters, tried.

What did YOU do?

Only went to every single protest until the leaders started moaning about the protests at Bolton which everyone took part in (something they had moaned about people not doing since the beginning). But because it wasn't organised by them they changed their minds and say it shouldn't happen unless they want it too. This got my back up majorly.

Atleast without the protests the owners actually spent money in the summer, even if it was from the Jones sale. Now with a lot of the official protest actions we don't even get that. The fact 40 people turned up the other day shows you have alienated a hell of a lot of people that where with you from the start, so well done on that.

The boycott will begin after the next seven home games,when thousands of fans desert the club forever, just like they did in the sixties, :(

Dont think the fans should be deserting the club forever, far from it. Just at this moment in time until the stench that currently runs the club leave and a quality management team and owner move in to restore our famous club to a more competitive level.

Archived