BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Wonder whose bright idea that is?,The one day we want to put a good image on for any possible new signings and this is going to happen...

Dream on!

Exactly Braddock, it's pointless, just like the Bolton and City games, the biggest shows of dissent will never be organised.

So, it's about te people stop hand wringing about it and just accept that if it's going to happen, there's nowt anyone can do about it.

I said that and Fife monstered me! :D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe its more likely that they'll look at a club thats owned by a gang of clowns that have no idea what they're doing, have no desire to run the club properly or to fund it.

Or maybe they'll ignore that and look at their would be manager, a guy who's tenure has seen the club narrowly avoid relegation last season and seen them spend the vast majority of this season in the bottom 3.

Wake up and smell the coffee pal, the club is in dissaray and heading for meltdown. Any player willing to overlook all of that is hardly going to be put off by a peaceful protest.

Edit: Sorry just saw the lol at the end of your last post. Apologies if i seemed a tad OTT there. Just the Venky's clowns have a way of winding me up!!! :blush:

Haha no problemo

protests havent done a thing on the whole, i have been to the majority of them and nothing has changed, cant see how we will ever get rid of these clowns

Protests ARE a waste of time. As venkys have dug themselves in. They will do whatever they want, no matter any protest.

I certainly do not trust some of those who have organised the protests. The reason for that can wait.for another day.

Venkys have screwed up. That there is no doubt. All fans can do is support the team, the club and hope we get through this mess.

Venkys WILL NOT LISTEN TO ANY VOICE THAT SPEAKS AGAINST THEM. It is obvious that is their policy.

The only thing the protests have done, is told the world fans are not happy with venkys & kean.

Which has achieved nothing.

What has been achieved is turning supporter against supporter. Nothing else.

Venkys still doing what they want. Kean still here.

There is no answer that any of us can.provide.

Others hold the power, we do not.

I face reality in all aspects of life. At times not nice. But no choice. But that is life.

Protests ARE a waste of time. As venkys have dug themselves in. They will do whatever they want, no matter any protest. Doing nothing and complaining about those who are doing something, now that is what i'd personally call a waste of time

I certainly do not trust some of those who have organised the protests. The reason for that can wait.for another day. You don't even know some of those who have organised protests! If you are going to indicate on a public messageboard that you have issues with certain individuals involved, you really should be big enough to explain why, in my opinion.

Venkys have screwed up. That there is no doubt. All fans can do is support the team, the club and hope we get through this mess. so continuing as normal and ignoring the situation is what fan's are supposed to do now?

Venkys WILL NOT LISTEN TO ANY VOICE THAT SPEAKS AGAINST THEM. It is obvious that is their policy.Blackburn Rovers fan's should not stand by whilst our club is treat with ignorance and contempt, it is not our nature

The only thing the protests have done, is told the world fans are not happy with venkys & kean.

Which has achieved nothing. well at least the world knows our fan's are not happy with them, The owners brand being damaged in their own backyard is a hell of a lot more than your 'expert' suggestion that we continue as normal supporting the club could ever achieve. Players speaking out to sky, on twitter and in newspapers speaks volumes! yet let's all just "support the club as normal" do us a favour

What has been achieved is turning supporter against supporter. Nothing else. Supporters have differing opinions when the manager/owners divide the fanbase, regardless of whether protests are occurring you will still get a division of opinions! Nothing else has been achieved? Go read the current feeling in the Indian press, i'll tell you now, sitting there supporting the club and saying nothing, as you suggest wouldn't cause a whimper

Venkys still doing what they want. Kean still here. Your methods have had the same outcome then!

There is no answer that any of us can.provide. yet at least some of us are trying to find them

Others hold the power, we do not. so lets all give up on our club?

I face reality in all aspects of life. At times not nice. But no choice. But that is life. I am so thankful that not all our supporters share your defeatist attitude

This will fade away.

Whats the point of emaressing the club and splitting the fans, what are you trying to achieve?

Half the stuff you say venkys have done is untrue and complete hear-say.

There have been people with agendas against Venkys from the start, and your actions on trying to carry on these agendas and trying to force them upon other people is doing just as much harm to the club a venkys have done.

Try doing something benefical instead of destructive for once!

Protests ARE a waste of time. As venkys have dug themselves in. They will do whatever they want, no matter any protest.

I certainly do not trust some of those who have organised the protests. The reason for that can wait.for another day.

Venkys have screwed up. That there is no doubt. All fans can do is support the team, the club and hope we get through this mess.

Venkys WILL NOT LISTEN TO ANY VOICE THAT SPEAKS AGAINST THEM. It is obvious that is their policy.

I face reality in all aspects of life. At times not nice. But no choice. But that is life.

Thank goodness you weren't around in the 19th Century - Britain would never have had an Empire.

This defeatist drivel should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

protests havent done a thing on the whole, i have been to the majority of them and nothing has changed, cant see how we will ever get rid of these clowns

Protest movements take time and effort, and stamina but the battles can be won. My criticism is the protests have not been forceful enough.

Thank goodness you weren't around in the 19th Century - Britain would never have had an Empire.

+1.

Giving up because you don't see victory on the horizon is pretty weak-kneed, in my opinion. Win or lose, keep plugging away.

Besides, the British Empire still exists. It's just under a new name, the Anglo-American Empire. Adapt, improvise and overcome. :rover:

Protest movements take time and effort, and stamina but the battles can be won. My criticism is the protests have not been forceful enough.

+1.

Are you sure your not a closet Tory?

Paefell .

Why don't you trust the organisers? Back up this please.

Why sit and do nowt?

Why should you care about supporter v supporter ? You only come when it's cheap tickets.

You face reality in life ? Must be hard with a yellow streak ;)

Hmmm not sure I do but probably for different reasons. Digging up old ground but it'd be 'interesting' to poll the protestors at the next march to find out

a. Did you welcome the employment of Ince?

and

b. Did you want the last manager booted out?

As the old saying goes.... You generally get what you deserve in life.

I'm sure that you will agree that we could do with our Honorary Vice President in her pomp to lead us from the front Jim. You appear to have much in common. The Venkeys would be destroyed in minutes.

btw whats's happened to your sleep patterns? :huh:

Pafell----to say you don't trust some of the organisers without giving any reason is to slur them without giving them any right of reply.

To say the least that is unfair.

Not all that unfair...... I doubt they trust Pafell's motives too.

Are you sure your not a closet Tory?

You must be joking.

I'm sure that you will agree that we could do with our Honorary Vice President in her pomp to lead us from the front Jim. You appear to have much in common. The Venkeys would be destroyed in minutes.

You know what I think of that old hag. And no, I didn't go to see the film.

You know what I think of that old hag. And no, I didn't go to see the film.

Shame... I've heard she speaks ever so highly of you. :rolleyes:

D'you know...

It's often been said that extreme right wing facism and extreme left wing communism are actually very close in outlook and behaviour. They have often been described as 25 past the hour and 25 to the hour on a clock face. So your views on the empire and your dogged stubornness in the belief that you are always right make you and St Margaret appear like two peas in the same pod.

Pafell----to say you don't trust some of the organisers without giving any reason is to slur them without giving them any right of reply.

To say the least that is unfair.

Not at all. It is called personal choice. Just as they have a right to choose.

When the neglect of your club starts happening on your doorstep, then try and write the above. Bit different when you live here and can see the decline first hand.

Shame... I've heard she speaks ever so highly of you. :rolleyes:

D'you know...

It's often been said that extreme right wing facism and extreme left wing communism are actually very close in outlook and behaviour. They have often been described as 25 past the hour and 25 to the hour on a clock face. So your views on the empire and your dogged stubornness in the belief that you are always right make you and St Margaret appear like two peas in the same pod.

I'm centre left, I don't like any form of extremism. I am patriotic, which is why I dislike Thatcher for the harm she did to this country.

I'm not always right. I thought Shearer was a good lower league forward when we signed him from Soton. .:lol:

Paefell .

Why don't you trust the organisers? Back up this please.

Why sit and do nowt?

Why should you care about supporter v supporter ? You only come when it's cheap tickets.

You face reality in life ? Must be hard with a yellow streak ;)

Whats a cheap ticket. I come.to rovers when I can afford to do so. Travel, accomodation, time off costs, before tickets.

Is it not obvious that venkys do not allow themselves to be pushed about. That is the reason the protest will achieve nothing.

They have received letters from MP's, councillors, businessmen, sponsors, visits from business folk, received bad press home and outside India. Pressure from bank. All been ignored.

They do not attend matches. So do not see marches, 24hr protests, sit in. Or hear chants etc etc. Still they have not changed the way they do things.

There are ample reasons for protesting. But it is falling on deaf ears.

I'm centre left, I don't like any form of extremism. I am patriotic, which is why I dislike Thatcher for the harm she did to this country.

I'm not always right. I thought Shearer was a good lower league forward when we signed him from Soton. .:lol:

In a way you were right, he certainly wouldn't have been a bad one would he?

I still wish we'd been able to pair him with Speedie for a season. Newell and Gally were good but those two together would have been quite something imo.

They have received letters from MP's, councillors, businessmen, sponsors, visits from business folk, received bad press home and outside India. Pressure from bank. All been ignored.

They do not attend matches. So do not see marches, 24hr protests, sit in. Or hear chants etc etc. Still they have not changed the way they do things.

There are ample reasons for protesting. But it is falling on deaf ears.

You have just summed up very well why the protests should continue.

The biggest protest will come in the summer Pafell and that will be very effective. Some people can see that and are trying to make their voices heard before then. Good luck to them because silence is golden useless.

Not at all. It is called personal choice. Just as they have a right to choose.

Its not a matter of you choosing one direction and them another.

To state on a public Message Board that you don't trust someone is to impugn their character.

To withhold your reasons, assuming you have some, reads very badly imo.They are not impugning your character as far as I'm aware.

Its not a matter of you choosing one direction and them another.

To state on a public Message Board that you don't trust someone is to impugn their character.

To withhold your reasons, assuming you have some, reads very badly imo.They are not impugning your character as far as I'm aware.

When venkys first bought the club, I waited to see what they would do. Within weeks they showed their incompetence. Therefore since then I have been against venkys. I gave Kean a chance also. He like venkys blew.it.

Having been amazed at the patience shown by our support last year at around the time of Wigan away, Blackpool at home, Newcastle at home, etc I was pleased to see that the fans had rallied and collective complaints would be heard this season.

Obviously the matches are the only place that this would have major effect and I was therefore prepared to risk the negative atmosphere affecting players performances, (it could not be much worse anyway) with one eye firmly on the much bigger picture of removing Kean and hopefully securing a qualified replacement and long-term PL football for the Rovers.

The immediate purpose and requirement for the protests was to highlight our problems to a wider audience and to persuade / encourage / convince the owners to remove Kean from his managerial position. Not that this should have been necessary as Keans shocking record speaks for itself, but as fans little choice was left.

However, clearly Kean is here to stay and not going anywhere and we are lumbered with him for at least the rest of this season, if not much longer. This therefore begs the question, what good will further protests do and what is the point of those protests at this time?

Recognising that I was disappointed with our fans for giving Kean so much time and showing so much patience at the outset and the fact that I have supported all but the flower protest on Jack's statue, hopefully I will not be criticised too much for now stating that in my opinion the protests should now cease and give all at the club the chance to win some matches and gain some quick points without any negative influences from the stands at anytime. (I am aware that we have gained points when protests have taken place). Players have commented that adverse crowd reactions do affect them and we must take at face value these comments.

I am one of thousands that do not trust or have any faith in our owners, our manager, or many of the new recruits brought to the club under VenKean. I will never sing the name of our owners or this manager and the very sight of him on the touchline irritates the hell out of me. But what can we do? My support of the Rovers is lasting. I want our crowd to fully support our players again and to be united. The easiest way to at least temporarily unite our fans is to change manager, but in the abscence of that happening I believe it is up to us to rise above the spin, mediocrity and lack of class currently resident at the club.

Do the Venky's deserve our full support? Does Kean deserve our full support? Do the latest crop of mercenaries deserve our full support? The answer to all of these in my opinion is a resounding NO, but the lasting legacy and history of our club, plus all the amazing memories gleaned over the years, coupled with many who have given their all working for the badge must continue to mean something.

Many, many years of hard work are currently at risk at the club. The simple truth is that protesting won't help us retain PL status at this time in anyway.

Archived