BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next protest

Knowing the obstinate Indian mentality (tin hat firmly in place) it wouldn't surprise me if the owners will be happy to watch and do nothing as Rovers are relegated just to spite supporters who they probably see as ungrateful protesters who should instead be thanking them for buying the club.

I've no doubt reports are correct when it was stated that the owners had a party with their high-class Indian friends to celebrate the victory over ManU but I'm also sure yesterday's debacle would have been met with a shrug of the shoulders because Rovers mean nothing to them and they feel none of the pain of supporters.

I can see four possible scenarios in which they might sell Rovers - 1) the club become such a financial liability and drain on their resources they are forced to cut their losses 2) the club sinks through the divisions and becames an embarrassment to them 3) a sustained, organised and high-profile protest movement such as the one that forced change at Liverpool finally persuades them to relinquish ownership. 4) they receive a very good offer for the club.

Given that 1 and 2 are long term and 4 is highly unlikely, the protests should continue. However they need to be stepped up if they are succeed. The softly-softly approach has been tried and has not worked. The protests have to have a strong single message and need to embrace the majority of supporters so that the owners are in doubt how we feel. It's not going to be easy and the protest leaders have done a great job so far but it is going to require a much bigger effort to win the battle. Liverpool supporters showed the way and should be an inspiration for Rovers fans in the dark and difficult days ahead.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are hoping by having a committee it takes away the personal element, and other website editors have already put themselves forward for nomination whilst some members of BRFC and the fans forum have vouched for them.

What does the above imply

In defence of BRAG - this is elections to their own committee. There was discussion of setting up something between all groups, of which BRAG will be just one.

Why then are website editors putting themselves forward for BRAG elections?

I minuted the meeting in which you are referencing to,

Just to clarify, the committee BRAG is forming is for its own purposes. The "unified" committee is to be made up of ALL supporters groups INCLUDING those that are not affiliated to any.

Those whom attended the meeting discussed how to involve the "masses" and it was deemed a widespread leaflet movement to highlight the formation of this committee would be the first step.

If Mike wants to put himself forward for the BRAG as well as run a website, then thats up to him. I think he'll do a good job and provide an amount of balance on the Brag committee. Personally as BRFCS is editorially neutral on such matters, for any of the site admin to put ourselves forwards puts the site in the "pro protest" bracket (and takes away that neutrality)

In defence of BRAG - this is elections to their own committee. There was discussion of setting up something between all groups, of which BRAG will be just one.

OK if that's the case then I clearly misunderstood Glen's earlier post. I do however still believe this is an exclusive organisation which is not publicising itself to the wider fan base. For instance I have just tried to register on the website to see if I can find details of Wednesday's meeting. The site is closed for registrations which is fair enough if there is concern over some sort of voting implication. There is though no mention of the meeting on the front page, where one might expect to find it?

OK if that's the case then I clearly misunderstood Glen's earlier post. I do however still believe this is an exclusive organisation which is not publicising itself to the wider fan base. For instance I have just tried to register on the website to see if I can find details of Wednesday's meeting. The site is closed for registrations which is fair enough if there is concern over some sort of voting implication. There is though no mention of the meeting on the front page, where one might expect to find it?

Registrations closed till voting is over, which makes perfect sense. I dont know if they can put up a message on the register page stating that - or as we would do here, just not process any new registrations until voting is closed.

As I admin the site, I feel I am in the best position to answer that! You are correct in that registration is closed and it is in fact to stop irregular voting on there. Unfortunately, it seems that the news feed of the meeting is not viewable to non registered users, I will once I have sorted my family out correct this minor error. I can only apologise for any upset this seems to have caused.

I have supported the protests from day 1, I think Glen and his oppos have done a marvellous job in highlighting the Rovers supporters view (or the majority of them). What has been interestring is that no one outside of |Ewood has taken note. The media have picked up the vitriol aimed at mr Kean and have sided with him and his cohorts. Its as if everything has gone against the Rovers fans.

The current set up at Ewood, if there is one, has served only one purpose.

The club, Venkys, Kean and co have alienated its OWN SUPPORTERS. That is not just one individual, its everything. Mr Hunt, as good a man he may be, has failed in his role miserably. Each and everyone of the so called board has failed the club miserably. The players have failed the fans miserably.

My love for Rovers has never been in question, it was inbred into my soul the very day I was born. Its at this point that I really have not got a decent feeling for anything blue and white, I no longer care about getting hammered 7-1, the result simply didnt make any impression on me at all, I was more interested in the Blackpool result and that says a lot. Rovers fans are being turned to other interests, other clubs because our own club has ignored its fans, wont listen, wont communicate and will now pay the costs of that ignorance.

To see our crowds diminishing is sad. I bet we will see a sub 20k crowd versus QPR, a game we simply have to win. Rovers fans are past caring and that is a very sad situation to be in because, in my opinion, Rovers fans are unique, there is not a support like us in the world. We have always in my time stuck together, that has been destroyed by the constant lies, constant lack of communication and the constant lack of acknowledgement from any person within the club.

BRFC is no longer a well run establishment. Its on a downer, its going to get worse and we are seeing the wanton destruction of our club. Rovers, will suffer relegation, there is nothing more certain. The biggest issue now is the threat of administration for next year when we will suffeer a huge points deficit before a ball is kicked, leaving us with a battle to stave off a second relegation into oblivion.

I really do not condone any such action such as a pitch invasion but I really do fear that come next Saturday at 4.50pm we may see a specatacle that no Rovers fan would ever think they would witness at a home game.

Venkys are a disgrace, Kean is a shocking excuse for a human being and the current regime inside Ewood leaves a lot to be desired.

I applaud all who have stood together, I abhor the mindless fools who have offered violence to fellow Rovers fans.

The simplest way of attracting Venkys world is to have a headline story in the Indian media that causes the utmost embarrassment.

How many people rely on Rovers for their job, or as part of their income? Having up to thirty thousand in for a big game must be relied upon by those selling programmes, burgers, the local chippy, pubs, even those working for the likes of MacDonalds etc etc. Rovers is not just a football club, but a huge part of the local community. It is one true source of pride for the town, the area.

That, more than anything else, is what is so sad about what seems to be our seemingly inevitable decline.

How many people rely on Rovers for their job, or as part of their income? Having up to thirty thousand in for a big game must be relied upon by those selling programmes, burgers, the local chippy, pubs, even those working for the likes of MacDonalds etc etc. Rovers is not just a football club, but a huge part of the local community. It is one true source of pride for the town, the area.

That, more than anything else, is what is so sad about what seems to be our seemingly inevitable decline.

I've been told Rovers is the second largest employer in the town - although I'm sure most of the headcount is casual staff. The effects on that and the secondary economy as you mention above will be disasterous.

Seems to be alot of aquisations being thrown about on here, and back biting about the Action group setting up a democratic committee. This has been publicised in various places, and thankfully Ste B, has come to the rescue and stopped the conspirocies before they start. I do believe he even vouched for a nominee also.

The candidates have are picked by the supporters if they choose to vote and its open to EVERYONE, regardless of opinion. The committee was needed as so much work and hours goes into this project that it has grown far too large for just a few people. Its also at that stage now, were the personal element needs removing due to the amount of initiatives the group is involved in. It has never been an exclusive club, and it never will be. One of the committee's roles will be the continued talks with the club which have been resurrected over the last couple of weeks.

This group is not just about protest, and the sooner we can bring protest to a close the better IMO, Progress is being made daily and transparency is what we all seek.

I have read many pages on this thread of constant slating, or digs at supporters who choose to protest, these supporters are equal to those who do not, and its those comments which cause divide, when all groups need to work together.

If you choose not to protest thats your perogative, but please leave those alone who wish to voice their opinion as they are entitled to protest as much as you are entitiled not to.

I must add thank you to those who have offered your support and defended those who protest.

I hope come wednesday this personal element and personal attacks stop, as the group will be committee lead, but always on instruction from those who are part of the group.

This group is fighting for our club, as it believes it must, Some may not agree and some do, but whatever the opinion its vital for the sake of unity that each and everyone of you allows each supporter to make that choice for themselves.

Finally this meeting was mentioned on Thursday, and has been banded about for a couple of weeks, as people will know who attended the meeting on Thursday, there was people in that room that had never heard of any group including BRFCS.

We are not professionals and are having to learn as we go along, as we have found ourselves in this situation through desperation, and not through choice. The group has now got to the numbers were a committee is needed, whilst the progress the group has made makes a committee a must

I have supported the protests from day 1, I think Glen and his oppos have done a marvellous job in highlighting the Rovers supporters view (or the majority of them). What has been interestring is that no one outside of |Ewood has taken note. The media have picked up the vitriol aimed at mr Kean and have sided with him and his cohorts. Its as if everything has gone against the Rovers fans.

The current set up at Ewood, if there is one, has served only one purpose.

The club, Venkys, Kean and co have alienated its OWN SUPPORTERS. That is not just one individual, its everything. Mr Hunt, as good a man he may be, has failed in his role miserably. Each and everyone of the so called board has failed the club miserably. The players have failed the fans miserably.

My love for Rovers has never been in question, it was inbred into my soul the very day I was born. Its at this point that I really have not got a decent feeling for anything blue and white, I no longer care about getting hammered 7-1, the result simply didnt make any impression on me at all, I was more interested in the Blackpool result and that says a lot. Rovers fans are being turned to other interests, other clubs because our own club has ignored its fans, wont listen, wont communicate and will now pay the costs of that ignorance.

To see our crowds diminishing is sad. I bet we will see a sub 20k crowd versus QPR, a game we simply have to win. Rovers fans are past caring and that is a very sad situation to be in because, in my opinion, Rovers fans are unique, there is not a support like us in the world. We have always in my time stuck together, that has been destroyed by the constant lies, constant lack of communication and the constant lack of acknowledgement from any person within the club.

BRFC is no longer a well run establishment. Its on a downer, its going to get worse and we are seeing the wanton destruction of our club. Rovers, will suffer relegation, there is nothing more certain. The biggest issue now is the threat of administration for next year when we will suffeer a huge points deficit before a ball is kicked, leaving us with a battle to stave off a second relegation into oblivion.

I really do not condone any such action such as a pitch invasion but I really do fear that come next Saturday at 4.50pm we may see a specatacle that no Rovers fan would ever think they would witness at a home game.

Venkys are a disgrace, Kean is a shocking excuse for a human being and the current regime inside Ewood leaves a lot to be desired.

I applaud all who have stood together, I abhor the mindless fools who have offered violence to fellow Rovers fans.

The simplest way of attracting Venkys world is to have a headline story in the Indian media that causes the utmost embarrassment.

Great post

There was a 4 page spread in the Times of India about them. They didn't seem to bother about that. :angry:

Why wouldnt they? Its not an exclusive group, and the three candidates from Website editors/admins are great candidates who offer a wide range of opinions and options for the groups progression.

Protest are temporary, the group is not

the boo boys are way to bitter they want us to lose to prove their point and that glen guy just wants some media attention

Try telling that to the fifty seven year old I spoke to today, who has supported Blackburn Rovers since his Dad started taking him as a nipper, and who says he won't go to the QPR game. Not a well man by any means so unable to join protest marches, but always a very vocal fan when he's there cheering the team on. He said why should I risk illness, sitting in the freezing cold when there's absolutely no attempt to try and keep the club in the league? Newly promoted teams even give it their best shot, but those owners in India are leaving the club to rot. He just feels there's little point as he's helpless and he doesn't want to have to watch first-hand his club die before him. He'd rather stay at home, not risk his health and mourn the decline of the club from a distance.

So he wants them to lose to prove a point does he?

You utterly pointless prat. Try thinking before posting in future.

• Moderation Lead

Try telling that to the fifty seven year old I spoke to today, who has supported Blackburn Rovers since his Dad started taking him as a nipper, and who says he won't go to the QPR game. Not a well man by any means so unable to join protest marches, but always a very vocal fan when he's there cheering the team on. He said why should I risk illness, sitting in the freezing cold when there's absolutely no attempt to try and keep the club in the league? Newly promoted teams even give it their best shot, but those owners in India are leaving the club to rot. He just feels there's little point as he's helpless and he doesn't want to have to watch first-hand his club die before him. He'd rather stay at home, not risk his health and mourn the decline of the club from a distance.

So he wants them to lose to prove a point does he?

You utterly pointless prat. Try thinking before posting in future.

Maps is a WUM of the highest order, he isn't taken seriously on here in the slightest.

If venkys are not putting money into the club. If the club is short of money - how does boycotting help the club. The club needs supporters to go, to spend on order to bring money in. Sadly if venkys are not doing it, it is down to the fans. No fans there is no club. Rovers fans need to all they can to keep this club in the premiership. This would at least help in survival as a club. Relegation means less money, lest support. More chance club would fold. Boycotting damages the club - not venkys.

so I take it you will be at ewood for the next 7 games.

Maps is a WUM of the highest order, he isn't taken seriously on here in the slightest.

maps spam

Archived