BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Letter To Jack Straw

Ralfinho

I written a letter to Jack Straw with all my concerns about Rovers and Venky's. I have just received the following reply....

Dear Lee

Many thanks for your email and I appreciate your concerns about Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

I will of course pass on your comments and the link from BBC Radio Lancs directly to Mr Straw. I would also like to make you aware that Mr Straw writes an article every week for the Lancashire Telegraph and his topic tomorrow is on the same subject as he too, has concerns.

I would be really grateful if you could provide your full postal address.

Best wishes

Annette Murphy

P.A. to Jack Straw

So lets all look out for his article tomorrow and see what he makes of this circus

This is the reply I got

Dear Mr Mullan

Many thanks for your email regarding the concerns that you have about the current situation at Blackburn Rovers. I think it would be fair to say that Mr Straw, as Vice-President of the club, and a long time season ticket holder shares your concerns and frustrations. He is very aware of the importance of Rovers' place in the Premier League to the status of the town and to the local economy as well. I will ensure that he is made aware of your email and I will also forward it to all Labour Councillors on the Council. You might also like to come and see Mr Straw at one of this next advice surgeries, which take place as follows:

Friday 4th November 2.30pm at Mill Hill Community Centre 4.30pm at Little Harwood Community Centre

Saturday 5th November 9am at Bangor Street Community Centre

With all good wishes

Yours sincerely

Damian Talbot CONSTITUENCY SECRETARY TO JACK STRAW

I have since spoke to Jack Straw at the Chelsea match and he took my details again, but had very little interest

This is the reply I got

Dear Mr Mullan

Many thanks for your email regarding the concerns that you have about the current situation at Blackburn Rovers. I think it would be fair to say that Mr Straw, as Vice-President of the club, and a long time season ticket holder shares your concerns and frustrations. He is very aware of the importance of Rovers' place in the Premier League to the status of the town and to the local economy as well. I will ensure that he is made aware of your email and I will also forward it to all Labour Councillors on the Council. You might also like to come and see Mr Straw at one of this next advice surgeries, which take place as follows:

Friday 4th November 2.30pm at Mill Hill Community Centre 4.30pm at Little Harwood Community Centre

Saturday 5th November 9am at Bangor Street Community Centre

With all good wishes

Yours sincerely

Damian Talbot CONSTITUENCY SECRETARY TO JACK STRAW

I have since spoke to Jack Straw at the Chelsea match and he took my details again, but had very little interest

Don't be fooled by that exterior impression he gives Glen, I would guarantee that he is doing something. I intend going to one of his surgery's at the 1st opportunity.

If more people can see him at his surgery's then he will know the depth of feeling, as I have said before his contacts are incredible

Don't be fooled by that exterior impression he gives Glen, I would guarantee that he is doing something. I intend going to one of his surgery's at the 1st opportunity.

If more people can see him at his surgery's then he will know the depth of feeling, as I have said before his contacts are incredible

Sorry, should have been a +1. Jack is well connected and will assist.

Didn't Jack Straw email Venky's yonks ago, yet they disregarded it, as they didn't think it was truthful?

If anyone can do anything, it's only Straw now. We're fast running out of options.

Or one of our celebrity fans who would capture media attention, a bit like when Nick Owen stepped in at Luton.

I have just sent another email to Jack Straw as the last one I sent was 26/10/2011, But I have had no direct contact bar the chance conversation at the Chelsea match.

I really do hope that he does take our concerns seriously and at least responds to someone who has been in contact with him. The local MP'S need to get involved with this as this effects more things than just football. The hardest thing for us supporters is no-one high profile is willing to nail their colours to the mass and speak out against the shambles which has become our club. As supporters we need key figures to publically offer their support to our concerns

I have just sent another email to Jack Straw as the last one I sent was 26/10/2011, But I have had no direct contact bar the chance conversation at the Chelsea match.

I really do hope that he does take our concerns seriously and at least responds to someone who has been in contact with him. The local MP'S need to get involved with this as this effects more things than just football. The hardest thing for us supporters is no-one high profile is willing to nail their colours to the mass and speak out against the shambles which has become our club. As supporters we need key figures to publically offer their support to our concerns

You need the support of the whole town first and foremost. Blackburn folk - those who like football and those who do not, those who support rovers and those who don't, no matter their race, need to be made aware that rovers going down will be bad for local businesses. You need the support of the Asian community, who incidently may have contacts in India, after all they also have businesses in Blackburn.

Then the MP's and high profile people will come out of the woodwork.

But as things stand now, Jack Straw is as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Moderation Lead

Or one of our celebrity fans who would capture media attention, a bit like when Nick Owen stepped in at Luton.

Celebrity Rovers fans that have a decent amount of clout-

Lee Mack, Carl Fogarty, Wayne Hemmingway and the current Dr Who, I forget the man's name! To be fair, the latter has already been on 5 Live expressing his concerns mind...

Jack Straw has some surgeries tomorrow if anyone would like to go along,

Ivy Street Community Centre 2.30pm – 3.30pm

Audley Community Centre 4.30pm – 5.30pm

Thats the way to do it,

as soon as I am back in Blighty thats where I am going too

Celebrity Rovers fans that have a decent amount of clout-

Lee Mack, Carl Fogarty, Wayne Hemmingway and the current Dr Who, I forget the man's name! To be fair, the latter has already been on 5 Live expressing his concerns mind...

Matt Smith is Dr Who, there's also Steve Pemberton. Alternatively we could send Jim Bowen to annoy Mrs D.

Don't think Straw will make waves, not enough political mileage in it for him.

Best bet is to send him an email and tell him that we wont forget his lack of support for Rovers' cause when he comes looking for our support at the next election !

Don't think Straw will make waves, not enough political mileage in it for him.

Best bet is to send him an email and tell him that we wont forget his lack of support for Rovers' cause when he comes looking for our support at the next election !

You have obviously never met the man ..... he is absolutely passionate about Rovers.

Archived