BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Peter Kenyon

pancini

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like another fantasy Venky's tale of the Maradona / Ronaldinho variety. Kenyon always struck me as having a huge ego and is already wealthy so the question must be asked having already run Chelsea and ManU why would he be interested in managing an underfunded, declining club with difficult and impoverished owners ? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Full/ normal control and this would be an excellent appointment. He would bring with him a wealth of experience at top clubs and would help fix the club and also help the club grow in other markets too.

The only markets we are likely to grow in with Venkys ownership is a fast food market!!

Full/ normal control and this would be an excellent appointment. He would bring with him a wealth of experience at top clubs and would help fix the club and also help the club grow in other markets too.

Hmmm...

Maybe you should have considered the importance of JW to the club, a little more seriously at the time, Hughesy.

As a matter of interest - and not really having a go at you personally - do you now regret supporting the way Venky's ridded the club of JW, TF etc, along with their relience on Jerome Anderson? If I recall correctly, you didn't think JW leaving was a problem, nor did you think the involvement of Kentaro was a problem.

I love hearing the following sentance in connection with Venkys - change happens in any takeover.

Not change which is utterly stupid including promoting a first team coach to manager along with clearing out the experienced members of the boardroom who know how to run a football club.

Hmmm...

Maybe you should have considered the importance of JW to the club, a little more seriously at the time, Hughesy.

As a matter of interest - and not really having a go at you personally - do you now regret supporting the way Venky's ridded the club of JW, TF etc, along with their relience on Jerome Anderson? If I recall correctly, you didn't think JW leaving was a problem, nor did you think the involvement of Kentaro was a problem.

John's departure was a complete non-issue, Den. By all accounts, the man had been frozen out affairs, anyway. Whether he stayed or not, he would be powerless to help us. That's why we have people like Paul Hunt, who finds Venky's going over his head regarding matters at the club. That's one of several reasons why Kenyon would never come here.

I wouldn't call JW leaving a non issue Topman. That was the single biggest mistake the Raos have made. If they had listened to him, we wouldn't be in the current position.

Totally agree. Biggest mistake they made was not listening to JW. If they listened to him he would've ensured that they got their ownership off to a very positive start. They compounded that mistake by letting Tom Finn go, they further compounded those mistakes by still not having replaced John.

Totally agree. Biggest mistake they made was not listening to JW. If they listened to him he would've ensured that they got their ownership off to a very positive start. They compounded that mistake by letting Tom Finn go, they further compounded those mistakes by still not having replaced John.

They never intended listening to those guys though did they? They weren't part of "their" plan. Why else would they sack the previous manager so soon into their reign and appoint a complete unknown? The previous regime would have got in the way with their pesky "what's actually best for the club is...." view point.

I love the way everyone keeps calling it a mistake.

I think it was part of the plan all along to remove any obstacles that would interfere in their plans, at every junction they have made so called mistakes. I just cannot believe they are mistakes, mistakes get rectified not compounded, have they rectified a single mistake to date? If they truly were as stupid and naive as people seem to think they are then surely their other businesses would have fallen by the way-side given the antics we have seen to date. They haven't and they do well and they've expanded daddies empire and added many super-cars to their collection.

Bob Fleming: Great minds.

Why mark me down, Philip?

If they never intended on listening to John in the first place, then letting him go was simply a formality.

The position of chief executive has become an irrelevance (we don't even have one, so you get my point).

John's departure was a complete non-issue, Den. By all accounts, the man had been frozen out affairs, anyway. .

Very similar then to the "non-issue" of Sam's departure. If both men were still at Ewood we wouldn't be in the mess and to force both of them out is probably Venky's biggest error.

Makes as much sense as hiring the winning Americas Cup captain and putting him charge of a clapped out old rust bucket tug boat. We first of all need a new boat and crew and then think about a competent skipper. Cart before horse appointment IMO.

Venkys out, Kean out, and take your 3rd rate posse with you.

I think it was part of the plan all along to remove any obstacles that would interfere in their plans, at every junction they have made so called mistakes. I just cannot believe they are mistakes, mistakes get rectified not compounded, have they rectified a single mistake to date? If they truly were as stupid and naive as people seem to think they are then surely their other businesses would have fallen by the way-side given the antics we have seen to date. They haven't and they do well and they've expanded daddies empire and added many super-cars to their collection.

I agree wholeheartedly Maji.

And understand your meaning Topman - Allardyce/Williams/Finn and Venky's/Anderson are like matter and anti-matter, they can't exist in the same club at the same time.

Or in the light of the events in India re Desai, it would make perfect sense to have an investment somewhere where the assets cant be seized!!!

I agree wholeheartedly Maji.

And understand your meaning Topman - Allardyce/Williams/Finn and Venky's/Anderson are like matter and anti-matter, they can't exist in the same club at the same time.

Venkys buy a beautiful house - with lovely furniture of high value - but they dont like the furniture so they throw it all out and fill all the rooms in the house with sh!t.

Whats my point?

Venkys = sh!t?

Well...yeah! :tu:

Archived