BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Peter Kenyon

pancini

Really can't see the point in this... we're heading for the championship and his appointment isn't going to change that is it?!?

We need a proper manager for crying out loud!

Your missing the points I think,

If Kenyon was appointed then a performance structure would be put in place,

Kenyon would report back to the Raos on how the business unit was doing, Cocco would not be allowed to go direct!

It may be to late for this season but going forward it would be an excellent appointment.

Only problem I can see is if it looks to good then it probably is

:wacko:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really can't see the point in this... we're heading for the championship and his appointment isn't going to change that is it?!?

We need a proper manager for crying out loud!

As far as Venky's are concerned we have a proper manager. Somebody like Peter Kenyon in a position of power at Ewood would tell them different and that they have been hoodwinked by the imposter and his reprehensibles (sorry representatives). That, in my opinion would be a start. In the hands of an experienced football person the rest should fall into place.

Your missing the points I think,

If Kenyon was appointed then a performance structure would be put in place,

Kenyon would report back to the Raos on how the business unit was doing, Cocco would not be allowed to go direct!

It may be to late for this season but going forward it would be an excellent appointment.

Only problem I can see is if it looks to good then it probably is

:wacko:

Hmm I know what your saying... but when we're bottom of the championship, is it gonna be worth paying millions for a 'big name' chairman?

Would it not be more prudent to get a well qualified, cheaper alternative and spend his salary (which would be huge) on a... manager?

It just seems that the focus with these clowns is always in the wrong place?

I don't know why I'm rambling on, cos it won't bloody happen anyway!

Just ignore me.

It wont happen, simple reason is they wont employ anybody that will question their decisions or tell them what to do and in all honesty they dont have a clue.

They trusted JA before the takeover and now they trust Kean because of his connection to JA, Why do you think there is no communication with the owners because nobody apart from Kean or JA will be able to tell them they have made bad decsions and they wont tell them that because they are making the decisons.

Trouble is someone like Kenyon coming in will mean contractual pay-outs and of course keepy stum dollar. I can't see Kenyon not wanting to sack most of the staff, Kean especially and who knows who else, that has been appointed under the illustrious chicken overlords. On top of that we'd need players, we have a very weak squad and at the current rate we'll have some serious ground to make up, so quite simply I can't see it happening.

With relegation looming and so far to date in appearance it would seem that we've had next to nothing invested in us and we're going down. We also have a lovely 100M pound facility in place for the fire sale when we go down. Most of the players will move on and that means loads of 'wicked' agents fees and don't forget we'll need replacements. When the morons take us down we could see 20+ comings and goings and apparently the going rate at Rovers is 400%, Mmmm do you think 100M will be enough?

I've had enough of give them time and the such, it's startlingly obvious the club is being raped. Because nobody not even the stupidest man on earth could make as many mistakes as this lot.

POMPEY MKII

I was given this three weeks ago, dismissed it as not true, Kenyon would want full control and that isn't going to happen, unless there is a major change in the way Venky's work AND they throw some serious cash at Rovers, neither are likely to happen anytime soon.

3 weeks ago - when was Ian Currie over in India talking with venkys - about possible employment, if that is the right description? 6 -7 weeks ago.

So if kenyon has been approached, don't expect an answer soon - unless of course they have an attitude change.

Make him manager too , he will have infinately more idea than the imposter....Seriously it won't happen...Out of Venkys league...

This should have been done in the summer , quickly followed by a manager . We are going down thanks to Venky and Kean , Alex Ferguson wouldn't keep this squad of players up , from the position we currenly occupy ..

There is no way this will happen for several reasons.

1. Kenyon would be too expensive he was on massive wages at Chelsea well out of Venkys range

2. There is little or no growth in the Rovers unless Venkys put a lot of money in. Something they seem reluctant to do.

3. He would want full control with everyone at Ewood reporting to him not Venkys. He would not be heppy if Mrs D's lapdog still had a direct reporting line to her.

4. I would not be surprised if one of the conditions of the job would be that Kean is unsackable something else he woudld not accept.

5. After Man Utd and Chelsea can you really see him coming to the Rovers. He is more likely to follow the Qatari bid as that is where the money is.

6. He is known to have a massive ego so he would not suffer fools and all the Venky crap. Although I am not sure if his ego is a s big as Keans.

I think it just another rumour trying to take the heat off Kean. I reckon we will get Agnew. If Kean is rewarded than I am sure Agnew is waiting expectantly for his reward.

Hopefully there's some truth in this. He would need full control though, which is exactly what we need. Not sure the Raos would be happy to disappear into the background.

Couldn't agree more.

Yes please :tu:

Archived