BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni hates us...

Q. Benito. When you joined Blackburn, you scored the second most number of goals to Drogba, Jose Mourinho then joined Chelsea and wanted to sign you. Do you regret not making that move to Chelsea under your former coach? - Herbert Themba Masheula

BM: It was my biggest regret in football not joining Mourinho at Chelsea because I would have formed an amazing partnership with Drogba at that time cause we were both in our prime and in fine goal scoring form. But things happen in life which you can’t change and I will have hate towards Blackburn Rovers for not letting me leave and join forces with Mourinho again.

Who cares? :D

There was a lot of paper talk but nothing firm ever came in, if he had never played for Porto it would have been a non story.

That's what I thought, people putting Jose and Benni and two and two together. So it seems he has now become delusional also. His head was deffo turned, if he'd have stayed focused he would have continued to be good but after the Chelsea stuff he was never the same.

I have hate towards Rovers for not cashing in on the fat illegitimate when we had the chance. One of Hughes' rare transfer market failings for me - imagine what he could have done money.

He scored around 20 goals in his first season. Sure, in hindsight, we should have sold him then, but for all we knew who could easily have scored another 20 the next season. For me, our front pairing of McCarthy and Santa Cruz in 07/08 was arguably one of the best strikforces in the division outside the top 3/4.

For me, our front pairing of McCarthy and Santa Cruz in 07/08 was arguably one of the best strikforces in the division outside the top 3/4.

They were an awful pairing, I can't remember them having a good game together. Roberts was a more natural partner for both of them. Benni only scored 8 league goals that year, I'm not sure the rest of the division were very envious.

Archived