BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast 17

J*B

Many thanks to Mr Nixon as well.

I take issue with what he said re: the protests though. I don't see how or why Rovers fans would shut up and forego voicing their displeasure in the wake of a victory. Personally I was very happy with the result on Saturday and Yakubu's performance in particular. In spite of this I feel that the problems at the club are so deep-rooted that to ignore them thanks to a victory over a promoted side would only serve to undermine the protests. In many ways, it would be the converse of the phrase "You only sing when you're winning." Supporters won't be bought off so easily.

He still referred a couple of times to the fans 'booing the team'

FFS it's Kean only that gets boo'd

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the USA iTunes only has up to part 9.

Also when I try to download any of the three parts of the podcast I get:

Try unsubscribing and resubscribing. Part 9 was around about the time we shifted some stuff on the site around and I bet it has the temporary link saved on your machine.

I must say Paul you sound quite posh :D

Because I'm quite nervous doing this I don't use my normal speaking voice and revert to trying to speak very clearly, trying hard to overcome that one. The other thing is having been educated in the sixties, in southern England, I was taught Received Pronunciation, in other words I don't have an accent, though I know I sound as though I have a southern accent. If I had been allowed to develop an accent / dialect it would be Hampshire. Wen Y Hu could explain it better but basically RP is the form of English against which all other local dialects are compared for accent - which doesn't make it right or wrong before anyone jumps on that one, it's just a standard for comparison purposes. American English for example is compared against RP for variation. My kids speak Chorley English!

Because I'm quite nervous doing this I don't use my normal speaking voice and revert to trying to speak very clearly, trying hard to overcome that one. The other thing is having been educated in the sixties, in southern England, I was taught Received Pronunciation, in other words I don't have an accent, though I know I sound as though I have a southern accent. If I had been allowed to develop an accent / dialect it would be Hampshire. Wen Y Hu could explain it better but basically RP is the form of English against which all other local dialects are compared for accent - which doesn't make it right or wrong before anyone jumps on that one, it's just a standard for comparison purposes. American English for example is compared against RP for variation. My kids speak Chorley English!

Thanks for the reply Paul.

I doff my hat to you and the orhers for doing the podcasts.

Have only started listening to the podcasts recently but great work all round.

You still sound posh though not as much as PhilipL lol

There is something odd in the US / New York with this one.

Glenn I did as you said and the podcasts appeared..

However it still will not allow me to download it from the site or from Itunes. It is only number 17 (all parts) that do it. It is very strange. If I try and play it from the site I get that it cannot be found (The same happens if I try to download it) and Itunes starts to download it but fails one second after starting.

Could a kind hearted soul Yousendit to me?

Just on to part three now! Great podcast as usual guys, but over two hours??! Difficult to find that sort of time in a day to sit and concentrate!!

Thats the point of the sections!

Guest Wen Y Hu

I'm sorry if I've missed something obvious, but who is the manager Venkys was supposed to have contacted about replacing Kean?

No, you didn't miss anything - the name was not disclosed.

Archived