BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast 17

J*B

In the 17th BRFCS podcast, recorded after the Swansea game, Wen Y Hu is joined by Kamy, Paul and Alan Nixon to discuss:

• A tribute to Gary Speed
  • Events with the Rao Brothers at Wigan
  • Steve Kean's contract situation
  • The Qatar bid
  • The new filing at Companies House
  • Steve Kean's position as manager
  • The upcoming Transfer Window
  • The role of Agents in the modern game
  • A brief discussion of the clubs past, present and future
  • As well as discussing the Swansea game.

Due to the amount discussed this Podcast will be separated into three parts.

Part One will be available soon on the following link:

http://brfcspod.brfc.../BRFCS-17-1.mp3

Part Two will be available on the following link:

http://brfcspod.brfc.../BRFCS-17-2.mp3

Part Three will be available on the following link:

http://brfcspod.brfc.../BRFCS-17-3.mp3

Thanks to J*B for the production of this podcast.

Download details to come.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent podcast(s) once again, another fascinating listen especially hearing Nico's views and point of views. I guess I should get to bed now as I have to be up in 5 hours!

Thanks again for all the hard work that goes into these

Mike

All three parts now active, but I'm investigating what iTunes only sees Part 1.

In the USA iTunes only has up to part 9.

Also when I try to download any of the three parts of the podcast I get:

404 Not Found

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nginx/1.0.10

Very sad to hear about the Qatari's in the first third.

Not sure if I agree with Alan about the Qatari's not being good owners though, they are doing a decent job at their other two clubs.

That said, I do agree with Nicko that - if the Qatari interest was serious - we'd have a different story now.

And I'm surprised Paul feels confident of survival after one win against a poor Swansea side. Kean's record speaks for itself.

And I'm surprised Paul feels confident of survival after one win against a poor Swansea side. Kean's record speaks for itself.

Not the thread to debate it but I just feel better after Saturday and can see how we could be out of the bottom three before Christmas........not to say we won't be back in it by January!!! And Mr Nixon reckons we could get three points at the Stadium of Light!

We did ge a touch POSITIVE at one point......rolleyes.gif

Listened to part 1- well done again guys.

One of the things which struck me is that not only Venky's communications with their customers very poor, but the frequent and casual untruths they tell so often.

I guess we have grown so used to all these porkies, it seems unremarkable now, but their behaviour really is attrocious.

Im beginning to wonder exactly what Pauls up too while we're doing these podcasts!!

Used the mute button as well this week..................will have to try something elseblink.gif

Good job as usual lads. Many thanks to Mr Nixon as well.

I take issue with what he said re: the protests though. I don't see how or why Rovers fans would shut up and forego voicing their displeasure in the wake of a victory. Personally I was very happy with the result on Saturday and Yakubu's performance in particular. In spite of this I feel that the problems at the club are so deep-rooted that to ignore them thanks to a victory over a promoted side would only serve to undermine the protests. In many ways, it would be the converse of the phrase "You only sing when you're winning." Supporters won't be bought off so easily.

Archived