• Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Formica
    • Yakubu
    • Olsson (sub for Givet)
    • Henley (sub for Olsson)
    • Hanley (Sub for Salgado)
    • Didnt watch but want to see result

A heartbreaking defeat, a game where many would argue Rovers should have had a penalty and been 2-0 before HT. But 2 late goals cost us the game, following a defensive performance for the whole 2nd half.

4 injuries didnt help, with all 3 subs being made before the hour mark due to injury. The final one coming in the 92nd minute when Lowe was down injured for 6 minutes before going off in a neck brace.

These threads are - in my view - pointless in our current plight, but I have to give it up for Formica, Simon and Samba today. Gave 110%, their effort can't be faulted. I thought Formica was a technically gifted luxury player, but he worked his balls off for the team today (as he has done in our last few matches). So sad to see this team get relegated, as I feel Formica, Simon, Lowe, Rochina, Hoilett and Olsson are amongst the most exciting players we've had in ages.

KEAN OUT!

Positives, Samba was brilliant today, probably put a couple of million on transfer fee in Jan, Formica gave everything and is looking more a prem player by the week. Dann looked better (prob because Samba next to him). Simon had decent periods, Lowe was ok, Robbo was good.

Negatives, how slow did we look, particularly in midfield. Every coach tells players not to hoof it anywere because it's like kicking it against a wall, so what did we do all 2nd half! Must be Salgado's last game, Hanley is not a right back (or centre half), Henley not impressed but still young, Givet was out of position, Dunn gave 100% but a yard off pace (coaching role next year), Pedersen, prob covered more distance (as usual) than anyone but needed Nzonzi next to him. Yak, needed support as lone striker is certainly not his game.

Overall, we look slow, unfit, lacking in ideas on what to do when we got the ball.

Not very promising when you consider how poor Sunderland are. :(

Samba was immense today, if he's playing for personal pride, the club, or to get a move away (wouldn't blame him) I really don't care as long as he's giving this level of commitment whilst in a Rovers shirt, the bollocking of Yakubu near the end was something that a manager would normally do, might happen when we actually get one.

These threads are - in my view - pointless in our current plight, but I have to give it up for Formica, Simon and Samba today. Gave 110%, their effort can't be faulted. I thought Formica was a technically gifted luxury player, but he worked his balls off for the team today (as he has done in our last few matches). So sad to see this team get relegated, as I feel Formica, Simon, Lowe, Rochina, Hoilett and Olsson are amongst the most exciting players we've had in ages.

KEAN OUT!

Call me bonkers but a decent manager would work wonders with those players and make Dann one of the best centre-backs in the country.

samba head and shoulders literally and metaphoricaly, above anyone else today, be a shame when he gets his deserved move to a top 6 team in january, i think he and hoilet are the main reason why kean is still in a job, without them two we would have been long gone to the championship by now!!!

So sad to see this team get relegated, as I feel Formica, Simon, Lowe, Rochina, Hoilett and Olsson are amongst the most exciting players we've had in ages.

KEAN OUT!

Its gutting, will be even more gutting to flick on match of the day next season and seeing these former Rovers playing for other clubs.

With a good manager our team should be more than capable of 10th place finish.

Robbo Samba Dann Formica in that order.

Samba was immense. However, Robbo was consistant and made two world class saves that could have changed the game completly. Our goal came out of nothing so a Sunderland team with something to prove scoring immediatly (through a dead certain chance by Richardson) may have resulted in a much larger and less respectable scoreline.

Robbo made some great saves and gets it for me. Samba and Dann have the makings of a great partnership. But knowing our fantastic manager thats the last time they will play together.

The second half was shocking, I was depressed watching our better players (Robbo, samba, dann, Formica, simon) work their backsides off but the ball coming back constantly.

If we play like that against a better team we are toast.

Hate you kean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived