BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Brown Sacked

He has a bad reputation from his time at Leeds but we could probably do with someone like Peter Ridsdale as chairman. Just in charge for over a week and he sacks the manager.

Listened to Phil Brown on Radio Lancs the other week singing Ridsdales praises because he was a hands on chairman. He won't be now but at least Ridsdale has started taking decisive action to stop the rot.

He has a bad reputation from his time at Leeds but we could probably do with someone like Peter Ridsdale as chairman. Just in charge for over a week and he sacks the manager.

Listened to Phil Brown on Radio Lancs the other week singing Ridsdales praises because he was a hands on chairman. He won't be now but at least Ridsdale has started taking decisive action to stop the rot.

Knowing first hand the goings on at Plymouth I'd rather have Kean stay than that man anywhere near our club.

I'm delighted at this news. Brown was very poor, even the 7 match win streak saw us rag wins against teams that out-played us.

Now listen up, no messing here...I hear Flitcroft and Jansen are being considered for the PNE job, and I also heard from the same source that Rovers have 'asked' about Lee Clark. Is that allowed if the position is vacant yet? :wacko:

Who?

Was that in response to the mention of Lee Clark? Off the top of my head, former top flight player with Newcastle and Fulham (and maybe others I've forgotten) and managed Huddersfield very successfully in League 1 for a year or more. I know it sounds very similar to Ince but he's highly thought of and I wouldn't have thought he'd be tempted away from success at Huddersfield if the alternative is Venky's.

Was that in response to the mention of Lee Clark? Off the top of my head, former top flight player with Newcastle and Fulham (and maybe others I've forgotten) and managed Huddersfield very successfully in League 1 for a year or more. I know it sounds very similar to Ince but he's highly thought of and I wouldn't have thought he'd be tempted away from success at Huddersfield if the alternative is Venky's.

IMO main reason for Lee Clarke being a success is Terry mac who is his no.2

Do the right thing - pay top dollar. Experience takes time and costs money - accept it venkys

Plucking managers from the Northern Premier?

Bloody hell Hemmings really is tightening his belt!

Why? Good record has Flitty, just because he's been in non-league doesn't mean he can't manage at a higher level. If he wants to give up his business activities is another question..

Why? Good record has Flitty, just because he's been in non-league doesn't mean he can't manage at a higher level. If he wants to give up his business activities is another question..

Indeed. Nothing risky about going two or three divisions down if the manager had shown promise.

:o

I know Risdale will always be tarnished with what happened at Leeds, but i was impressed with his straight talking on Radio Lancs last night. Preston fans had more communication and clarification from their club in that 10 minute interview then Rovers fans have had in the last 12 months!!

To be fair to Risdale, he pretty much saved Plymouth from oblivion.

Archived