BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nobody likes us... We don't care!

hi-jaq

David Moyes

Alan Pardew

Sad old dog

LMA

I'm sick of reading articles about how Rovers fans are going over the top in their barracking of Steve Kean, I've posted links to the 4 articles that are currently on the Sky Sports website, but I would bet there are more on other sites!!!

I don't think there is another manager who has any sympathy for the fans of this proud club, there are one or 2 players or ex-players that I've heard supporting the fans, but in the main it's "Football People" in the press slagging us off & it's really starting to get my goat!!!

Do they not understand what is happening at our club? Can they not see that if Kean takes us down, there could be no way back for us? At the end of the day, from what I've heard on here & read elsewhere worst case scenario is that Blackburn Rovers FC could close & cease operating... If that was happening at the clubs they are at, and their respective owners were not communicating with the fans and just hid away from the problem, what do they think their fans would do?

We seem to have no other option but to do what we are doing and I'm fully behind people who choose to take a stand, in whichever way they choose, but is there anyway we can get our point across in the national media and make a stand against these idiots who are just taking their chance to slag us off?

By the way I've noticed that of all the other clubs whose staff have slagged us off,none of them have won the premier league!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The rest of the footballing world believes the Premiership would be a better place with more London and highly populated town teams such as Leeds and Sheffield rather than northern mill-town teams.

It's sad but it's true. The general concensus is that we should be grateful to have been in the Prem for so long, but now we should move aside. I say sod the lot of them.

Rednapp:-

"He has loads of injuries. I heard people saying that the players weren't trying or weren't making the effort for him. That's absolute nonsense, a load of rubbish.

"They tried for their lives. He probably has three of his four best defenders missing and you need your best players.

"If he had Ryan Nelsen and Gael Givet available, they'd be a different team."

He says we have loads of injuries, but only names two. They can't see through Kean's lies. The team against Bolton was full strength apart from we were a bit weaker at one centre half position, left back and Olssen was missing. Every other player apart from Grella was fit and available.

Also, he says this: I heard people saying that the players weren't trying or weren't making the effort for him.

Where did he hear that from? He's lieing as well. Never liked Rednapp. Well above his station.

• Backroom

Managers defend other managers, that's just how it is. Their opinion on this situation is worthless. Ditto the LMA and most of the players. They all live in the bubble and are protecting their own interests.

Most of them have made one valid point we would do well to take onboard.

i.e. The OWNERS of this club are the one's that we should be venting our frustration at, this would then remove any possible excuse that we were affecting the playing side.

Until we unite on this, and take this to our matches, we will continue to lose outside support.

It's all very well saying siege mentality, however, like it or not, perception is a major factor that affects us and our club.

You don't (And won't) see anyone defending our owners, period.

So, we should, IMHO, change our banners and chants and go after Venky's, after all, they have brought all of this on themselves.

• Backroom

What people need to realise is that Kean is an extension of the owners. He's their man, he's so tight with them he might as well be a Venky's business partner. Any abuse aimed at him is abuse aimed towards Venky's - he's the only one of them (and make no mistake, he is one of them) there in person and so the abuse will be aimed at him.

Detaching Kean from Venky's is a mistaken perception that most of the media are succumbing to.

I almost made a topic with the exact same title but thought it would get closed. :lol:

Anyway, like Matty said, I'm glad to see the fans aren't tolerating the disease that's destroying our club. It sounds like the media expect football fans to be nothing but blind sheep, happy-clapping in the terraces and paying their Sky fees without any kind of backlash when their loyalty is betrayed.

**** 'em sideways.

I can see their point, to a certain extent. Watching the Bolton game on TV, if I didn't know better I might have felt sorry for Kean. He finally has the look of a man who's feeling the effects of all the abuse. We all see him as a thick-skinned, pig-headed, incompetent fool who's totally out of his depth, never acknowledges that he has severe shortcomings and never let's on that he's deeply hurt. He's clearly upset by what amounts to large-scale (and somewhat justified) bullying, though. The only way out for him is to resign. He should do so immediately, but however this ends, Rovers fans come out of it looking pretty heartless.

What people need to realise is that Kean is an extension of the owners. He's their man, he's so tight with them he might as well be a Venky's business partner.

The exact reason why he's getting the treatment he's getting. He was their choice & spends most of his interviews saying how his relationship with the owners is tight, and I read somewhere that his wife & Mrs D are good buddys!!!

There must be some way that we can fight our corner, these blithering idiots are slating us in the national media and for the most part we don't seem to be able to do anything about it, I feel that is an injustice, because all the nation sees is us screaming abuse from the stands & protesting, but they don't know the real reasons as to why we are doing what we are doing.

Time to tell them, but the question is, how do we do it???

The trouble is everyone is commenting on the effect. No one is interested in looking at the cause.

There are too many people with their snouts in the Premier League trough, making too much money to want to rock the boat.

Don't worry something else will happen next week that requires their 'expert' opinion and they will forget all about the Rovers.

The trouble is everyone is commenting on the effect. No one is interested in looking at the cause.

There are too many people with their snouts in the Premier League trough, making too much money to want to rock the boat.

Don't worry something else will happen next week that requires their 'expert' opinion and they will forget all about the Rovers.

They will forget about us until we protest again or the next home game where we go mental at Steve Kean again!!!

There's enough Journo bods knocking about on here that must surely be able to help us out, I'm not going to sit back & watch us get dragged through the mud in the national press yet again, there must be a way to get our point across?

You can imagine what all the fans from other teams are saying, we'll be getting branded all sorts of different derogatory, insulting names and I don't think we deserve it!!!

These to$$ers don't care about reality. They are happy to let Rovers fans give up on their club and let it die.

Kean has now managed to portray himself as the victim. First, he was protecting the players. Then, he wanted fan to fight against fan. Now, he is happy to see the club he manages to be dragged through the dirt. All so he can cling on to his unwarranted position.

Fans who might be swayed by such anti-Rovers sentiments are not true Rovers fans. They want the fans to just give up on their club, sit on their hands and watch Rovers implode in silence. What has been thrown at Kean other than banners and chants? Nothing.

As we are going to get slated anyway, perhaps it is time to really start fighting for the club? No one likes us anyway. So, screw them, they can shove it.

The chant we have is "Rovers 'til I die", if we listen to the likes of Redknapp (currently facing tax evasion charges) and Ferguson (who wouldn't even speak to the BBC for years after allegations against his son) and give up then we will have to change the song to "we were Rovers 'til it died..."

These to$$ers don't care about reality. They are happy to let Rovers fans give up on their club and let it die.

Kean has now managed to portray himself as the victim. First, he was protecting the players. Then, he wanted fan to fight against fan. Now, he is happy to see the club he manages to be dragged through the dirt. All so he can cling on to his unwarranted position.

Fans who might be swayed by such anti-Rovers sentiments are not true Rovers fans. They want the fans to just give up on their club, sit on their hands and watch Rovers implode in silence. What has been thrown at Kean other than banners and chants? Nothing.

As we are going to get slated anyway, perhaps it is time to really start fighting for the club? No one likes us anyway. So, screw them, they can shove it.

The chant we have is "Rovers 'til I die", if we listen to the likes of Redknapp (currently facing tax evasion charges) and Ferguson (who wouldn't even speak to the BBC for years after allegations against his son) and give up then we will have to change the song to "we were Rovers 'til it died..."

A plea to Ste B or whoever decided to remove the rep buttons. Please bring it back.

People are just going to quote great posts like this one and add nothing else to the debate.

Exactly... I don't think we are being silent, but the problem is we only have the local paper doing something in a medium to which our voices will get heard on a wider scale, we need some form of national media outlet that will put our point across and let us tell the nation why we are doing what we are doing. Out of our local area I would think that hardly anyone knows anything about what is happening at our club, the treatment that the owners are subjecting us to & why the manager is getting treated the way he is.

Does anyone know how to go about courting the media, or how we can get something out there that will show why it has come to this???

It is my understanding that there has been an edict from the LMA for several high profile managers to show public support for the imposter. What people like Ferguson and Redknapp should undertstand is that they are being made to look hypocites. I didn't hear Redknapp condemning his own supporters after the abuse suffered by John Terry or by Sol Campbell after he was subjected to some really bad homophobic chanting whilst at Portsmouth. Also the Man Utd fans regularly chant 'murderers' to Liverpool fans, sing a song about Arsene Wenger being a paedophile and also sang about how they wanted the Glazers to die. There are many more too. I never heard any of the two of them even mention this. And by the way Redknapp is in court in January charged with tax evasion.

Sam Allardyce wouldn't be drawn into it when questioned about the abuse the imposter has been receiving, thanks Sam. Your refusal to talk about it and back the imposter spoke a thousand words.

He obviously doesn't care about us that much. He only had 6 months left on his contract and is already a very rich man.

He could have spoken for us but appears to have been silenced.

1) He's not a Rovers fan

2) We don't know how much his silence is worth

Im just saying I don't particularly think he should be thanked for not praising Kean, which is what the previous poster was doing.

He's not praising him because he screwed him over, nothing to do with us.

Reading between the lines...

Sam didn't say anything about Kean, preferring to talk about their league position and reminding everyone that sacking him was stupid.

He could have said something backing a fellow manager but didn't.

The majority don't want us in the Premier League. We will get relegated and they will quickly forget we ever where there. What is a small Lancashire town doing in a league populated by billionaire owners with the richest clubs and players on the planet? We are a distant reminder of a proper English football club, and they want us erased.

Reading between the lines...

Sam didn't say anything about Kean, preferring to talk about their league position and reminding everyone that sacking him was stupid.

He could have said something backing a fellow manager but didn't.

On what planet would Allardyce back the guy who hoisted him out of a job?

I bloody wouldn't

The majority don't want us in the Premier League. We will get relegated and they will quickly forget we ever where there. What is a small Lancashire town doing in a league populated by billionaire owners with the richest clubs and players on the planet? We are a distant reminder of a proper English football club, and they want us erased.

I know winning the Premier League doesn't give us any right to anything at all, but still, although we are a small town team, we are the only one with that trophy in a glass case inside the entrance. As one of only 4 teams to have ever won the Premier League it does somewhat vindicate our existence as a Premier League club does it not?

I like it that nobody wants us in the Premier League, I like being outsiders, underdogs, it makes any slight success we have all the more enjoyable.

If Kean is still in charge for the Stoke game, lets give him absolutely hell from the first whistle to the last. Not saying anyone should physically attack him but give him everything else in spades. Just to show the pompous pillocks that make up the mutual back-slapping football world that we don't give a **** what they say about us. This is our club, we're the ones that care, and Kean won't get a moment of peace until he does the right thing and resigns.

Archived