BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nobody likes us... We don't care!

hi-jaq

On what planet would Allardyce back the guy who hoisted him out of a job?

I bloody wouldn't

Moyes, Redknapp, Ferguson, Pardew etc etc should hang theior heads in shame! Not one of the snivelling barstewards would be in a job if they had Steve Keans record over the past 12 months! They all need to take note that "NO ONE CAN DEFEND THE INDEFENSIBLE" cos that is precisely what they are trying to do.

Dunno who organised the plethora of managers coming out to back Kean but someone with some clout certainly has. LMA? Premier League? Who knows? What I do know is that just 12 months ago Ferguson had nothing but contempt and disdain for the people who elbowed Allardyce out.

If Kean is still in charge for the Stoke game, lets give him absolutely hell from the first whistle to the last.

water off a ducks back. Best to just stay away and find something else to do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just watched the Granada Tonight piece on the Rovers, and well, I'm disappointed.

I'm sure they go all out to make us look a joke, and that dingle who presents the sport did the story with half a smirk on his face all the way through.

Credit to the chaps who spoke to the camera, but ITV will just pick the bits they want to make the piece into whatever they want, which seems to be what they have done.

Kean looks stressed & worried, but if managers are calling him to pass on their good will & support, surely he must realise it's because they want 3 points the next time they play us & they've got more chance with that muppet in charge.

When will Steve Kean realise that Blackburn Rovers has nothing to do with Alex Ferguson, David Moyes, Alan Pardew or Sad old dog, and we don't give a flying monkey about their opinion.

I'd love to see Kean in the street, I really would give the deluded fool a piece of my mind!!!

Man United fans chant about Hillsbotough and Istanbul- maybe a mention the day after

City, Leeds, Liverpool fans chant about Munich- same.

Tottenham call Wenger a peadophile- same (if mentioned at all).

Chelsea fans hiss at Tottenham- nowt.

Liverpool fans burn American flags and threaten family of owner in a pub- praised for their passion.

Villa fans protest against McLeish the DAY he is appointed, clambering over the Villa Park gates- Media simply state how he will have a tough time winning them over.

Newcastle fans hounding of nearly every manager since Keegan mk1- 'passion'

'Kean out' sung by fans at the bottom of the league- a week of bile from managers and media- branded a disgrace.

Hmmm

Man United fans chant about Hillsbotough and Istanbul- maybe a mention the day after

Liverpool fans burn American flags and threaten family of owner in a pub- praised for their passion.

Villa fans protest against McLeish the DAY he is appointed, clambering over the Villa Park gates- Media simply state how he will have a tough time winning them over.

'Kean out' sung by fans at the bottom of the league- a week of bile from managers and media- branded a disgrace.

Hmmm

The hypocrisy would be funny if it wasn't so infuriating.

• Backroom

Hmmm

Another post of yours I would like to have +1'd, spot on. The abuse Steve Bruce got was far worse than the abuse Kean got in the Bolton match in terms of what was being chanted.

As for burning flags, can you imagine if Rovers fans burnt an India flag? I don't condone anybody doing that, but if they did it'd be "DISGUSTING RACIST BLACKBURN FANS BURN INDIAN FLAG" ... but as you say, when Liverpool fans burnt the American flag it was "passion" :rolleyes:

On what planet would Allardyce back the guy who allegedly hoisted him out of a job?

I bloody wouldn't

I probably wouldn't either but it's about being professional, he's a professional manager, and if you listened to his comments on Sky Sports after the Bolton game, he was actually quite sympathetic. It surprised me but as I say he's a professional.

Do you think any of the managers who've been quoted in the press would work with Kean? I don't.

I probably wouldn't either but it's about being professional, he's a professional manager, and if you listened to his comments on Sky Sports after the Bolton game, he was actually quite sympathetic. It surprised me but as I say he's a professional.

Do you think any of the managers who've been quoted in the press would work with Kean? I don't.

No. They are just using him to make themselves look good.

Hmmm

You are right but there is a certain consistency there. You/they are contrasting city and town clubs.

We don't even get to be call plucky or the underdog, because all other town clubs are jealous and other city clubs look down their noses at us.

It's also why no-one will dare to suggest that City have bought the league - even though that is EXACTLY what they are doing.

Bigger clubs, bigger following, bigger customer-base, bigger profits.

The only real surprise is that we are all surprised.

No. They are just using him to make themselves look good.

...and guarantee themselves 3 points.

I've also had enough of comments from fans of other clubs saying how disgraceful Rovers fans are. If that's the case they can have Kean as their manager!

I honestly don't know what is 'disgraceful' about it? 'KEAN OUT' on repeat?

Rent a quote managers say it is, then it must be.

I've also had enough of comments from fans of other clubs saying how disgraceful Rovers fans are. If that's the case they can have Kean as their manager!

I was listening to a Bolton fan bleating about Coyle a few weeks back. I said "We'll swap you for Kean"

"Nah, yer awreet".

That in a nutshell is the hollow position of non-Rovers fans. ###### to 'em.

I know winning the Premier League doesn't give us any right to anything at all, but still, although we are a small town team, we are the only one with that trophy in a glass case inside the entrance. As one of only 4 teams to have ever won the Premier League it does somewhat vindicate our existence as a Premier League club does it not?

I like it that nobody wants us in the Premier League, I like being outsiders, underdogs, it makes any slight success we have all the more enjoyable.

Oh I agree with that of course, but many members of the Premier League don't. Despite our accomplishments, they view us a small-time club that shouldn't even be playing with the big boys. They view it as acceptable and even expected that we would be in the position we are in. This is the state they want us in, and they are displeased that the fans are refusing to go down quietly. They want us to sit down, shut up, and let the club sink like a stone.

Oh I agree with that of course, but many members of the Premier League don't. Despite our accomplishments, they view us a small-time club that shouldn't even be playing with the big boys. They view it as acceptable and even expected that we would be in the position we are in. This is the state they want us in, and they are displeased that the fans are refusing to go down quietly. They want us to sit down, shut up, and let the club sink like a stone.

This is the reason I started this thread... At the moment, the national media are choosing how we (the fans) are being portrayed to the football world outside of Blackburn. We aren't sitting down & shutting up, but we need to make our voices heard on a different level, we need to let the football world outside of Blackburn realise why we are doing what we are doing, give them our explanation and make them listen to the reasons why this is happening.

The rest of the football world see us as a bunch of backwater morons who are just hurling abuse at the manager of our club because he isn't winning many games. All they see is what he says in Press Conferences and what other managers say about him and they are making assumptions without getting the full picture.

The question I ask, is how do we get the full picture out there? How do we tell them our version of events, so they understand why we are doing what we are doing?

This is the reason I started this thread... At the moment, the national media are choosing how we (the fans) are being portrayed to the football world outside of Blackburn. We aren't sitting down & shutting up, but we need to make our voices heard on a different level, we need to let the football world outside of Blackburn realise why we are doing what we are doing, give them our explanation and make them listen to the reasons why this is happening.

The rest of the football world see us as a bunch of backwater morons who are just hurling abuse at the manager of our club because he isn't winning many games. All they see is what he says in Press Conferences and what other managers say about him and they are making assumptions without getting the full picture.

The question I ask, is how do we get the full picture out there? How do we tell them our version of events, so they understand why we are doing what we are doing?

Posting links to a couple of choice threads/posts on this mb would be a start, if anyone has appropriate accounts....

Posting links to a couple of choice threads/posts on this mb would be a start, if anyone has appropriate accounts....

Where do we post them though, other message boards like this one? In the comments section on national newspaper websites?

how would we go about speaking to the a paper & getting them to put our point across???

Where do we post them though, other message boards like this one? In the comments section on national newspaper websites?

how would we go about speaking to the a paper & getting them to put our point across???

I was thinking other fan sites like this one but your ideas are equally as good.

Unless you know a sympathetic journalist who thinks there is a new angle to the story, the way to get into the news is to release press statements. Perhaps Glen or Kamy could advise how?

I was thinking other fan sites like this one but your ideas are equally as good.

Unless you know a sympathetic journalist who thinks there is a new angle to the story, the way to get into the news is to release press statements. Perhaps Glen or Kamy could advise how?

Unfortunately I don't know any journalists, perhaps if Glen or Kamy read this they can give us some advice on how to go about finding a way to get some coverage in one way or another.

It really is scandalous that we are not only being treated as muppets by the owners, the manager, all the other clubs managers but by reporting all of the derogatory points about what we are doing the national press are having a go at it too.

I think the Lancashire Telegraph is doing good work by siding with us supporters. They are the only newspaper who are.

Good on yer, LT.

People like Henry Winter of The Daily Telegraph pick this up and comment.

More of the same, please LT.

I agree LT have been brilliant!!!

Just noticed something that Kean said in his press conference...

"No disrespect to ex-players or local MP's, but when you have vastly experienced managers calling you saying that under the circumstances I'm doing a marvellous job, I'll listen to them!"

WTF?????????

Who said that, why does Kean believe them???

Marvellous job... My a*se, this guy takes the biscuit, I'm sure the "vastly experienced managers" that are calling him are either hoax calls, or if not they are putting the phone down bursting out in fits of laughter!!!

What a joke!!!

I saw this jaq and nearly kicked my telly at this pricks smirk..

He's f insane ???

Look at the table kean you bellend !!!

Look at what you've done to us!!!!

Look at your record Ffs

You are insulting every rovers fan by coming out with this bag of bollux every week!!!! So fans know nowt or mp fans do they not?????

Where the (Please don't use that word again) where you in the 3rd div you delusional lunatic !!!!

Your hated!!!! Do one !!!

Alex Ferguson (he's no sir) said he tried to ring him. Obviously it was to repeat his implication from last year that Kean stabbed his mate Sam in the back...hmmmmm

Bet he was trying to find what bottle of red he was gonna share next week!!

To my way of thinking, what the Kean Machine have behind them ensuring that only certain messages are heard, is PR (whether that's Agnew and his mob, or others as well I really don't know). Is it important to get our (the supporters view) message across in this sort of way? If the answer is yes, then it may well be we need to engage a PR person. Not going to be cheap, unless there's someone who does this sort of thing who posts here or is a poster's mate, hence the 'how important is it' question.

Archived