BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Alan Smith?

Amo

I'd completely forgotten about him. He's one of those players [like Robbie Savage?] whom you hate till your club signs him, isn't he?! ;)

According to Wikipedia, "on 7 June 2011, Smith was notified by the Newcastle management that his services would no longer be required, and he was free to leave the club." Which explains, I guess, why he didn't play against us in the League Cup.

Subject to his wage demands, why not offer him a short-term [say 18 months; he's 30 now] contract? Or is he, like Wayne Bridge is said to be, happy to collect his pay without featuring in the first team?

He couldn't be worse than Petrovic, Pedersen or Dunny. Barcodes would probably drive him to Ewood if we were interested, wether it was paying half of his wages for the rest of the season or taking him full time. If he's fit, he could be the savagesque element we've been missing for years now flying into two footed lunges all over the pitch.

He couldn't be worse than Petrovic, Pedersen or Dunny. Barcodes would probably drive him to Ewood if we were interested, wether it was paying half of his wages for the rest of the season or taking him full time. If he's fit, he could be the savagesque element we've been missing for years now flying into two footed lunges all over the pitch.

Maybe not worse than those three but not much better either. New players has to bring quality in. Will we have new players though?

Just want to add something as a Newcastle fan.

You do not want Alan Smith ever. He is comfortably the worst player I've seen play for us. He has no ability whatsoever, he can't run, he can't pass at all, he can't shoot, he can't tackle- this fighter mentality is a myth too- he's a massive bottler and scared of the ball.

Won't get near our team and there is speculation we'll end his contract early in January.

Archived