BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt

Neal

As many of you know, I published an article on here entitled "Conversation with Paul Hunt". In that article and conversation Paul gave me assurances that the club wanted to build relations with fans such as myself and stated that he hoped we could do something again. Since then results, relations and protests have worsened and it appears nothing of what has been said has been executed. Following our defeat to Bolton, a game which saw us take 0 points from a possible 9, I took it upon myself to get in touch with Paul to try and get some answers. I contacted Paul along with a personal message to him to expect my email but... To this day I have received nothing back, unsurprisingly. Of course, following our last article Paul may have been gagged by certain people at the club but excuses aside... The black and white of it is more unfulfilled promises and lies.

I must say, I was impressed with Paul when we first spoke, he allowed me to have a little faith in someone at the club (for once) but this sheer ignorance towards the fans is totally unacceptable. I wanted to put this email up on here for you all to see, partly to show up those at the club for what they are and to inform you that yet again THE CLUB ARE NEGLECTING OUR FANS.

So, here it is....

Hello Paul.

I hope you are well.

The "Conversation with Paul Hunt" thread proved to be a popular topic of discussion on our message board, I felt it held the club in a better light after you took the time to talk to Rovers fans such as myself.

Further to our conversation last month, which we heavily discussed communications between the club and supporters I thought I would take some time to email you. I shall express some of the opinions of the fans over at BRFCS. I'm sure you may find it difficult to respond to each and every complaint you receive so perhaps by replying to this, I could relay what you have to say to the fans like we have previously discussed?

With regards to our next home game, many of the supporters over at BRFCS are boycotting the game due to the lack of change in management, these are fans that have been attending for 20+, 30+ up to 50+ years. Is the club aware that such action Is being taken? Do the employees at BRFC care that THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN?

As i'm sure you are aware, supporters require change at management level. They feel that they need someone to look to restore faith in the club and after the recent poor result against Bolton many supporters were fully expecting a new manager to come in. Is there or was there plans to do this? If not, for what reason is Steve Kean being backed? Results? Lack of funds? Friendships?

Of course, I do not expect you to go into detail or perhaps even reply to such forthcoming questions but... The are questions than need asking.

The attitude of the supporters will get worse the longer they ignored and i'm sure you are aware of that. It is the feeling of the fans that some action has to be taken now to avoid this. Does the club have any plan of action to attempt to change supporters attitudes?

I am merely trying to mediate here get the some form of communication going between the club and the fans in this difficult time as this topic alone is still something of upmost importance. If you have anything to say regarding the the above topics and questions I would very much appreciate It if you would reply or give me a call.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Neal Burton.

As many of you know, I published an article on here entitled "Conversation with Paul Hunt". In that article and conversation Paul gave me assurances that the club wanted to build relations with fans such as myself and stated that he hoped we could do something again. Since then results, relations and protests have worsened and it appears nothing of what has been said has been executed. Following our defeat to Bolton, a game which saw us take 0 points from a possible 9, I took it upon myself to get in touch with Paul to try and get some answers. I contacted Paul along with a personal message to him to expect my email but... To this day I have received nothing back, unsurprisingly. Of course, following our last article Paul may have been gagged by certain people at the club but excuses aside... The black and white of it is more unfulfilled promises and lies.

I must say, I was impressed with Paul when we first spoke, he allowed me to have a little faith in someone at the club (for once) but this sheer ignorance towards the fans is totally unacceptable. I wanted to put this email up on here for you all to see, partly to show up those at the club for what they are and to inform you that yet again THE CLUB ARE NEGLECTING OUR FANS.

So, here it is....

Hello Paul.

I hope you are well.

The "Conversation with Paul Hunt" thread proved to be a popular topic of discussion on our message board, I felt it held the club in a better light after you took the time to talk to Rovers fans such as myself.

Further to our conversation last month, which we heavily discussed communications between the club and supporters I thought I would take some time to email you. I shall express some of the opinions of the fans over at BRFCS. I'm sure you may find it difficult to respond to each and every complaint you receive so perhaps by replying to this, I could relay what you have to say to the fans like we have previously discussed?

With regards to our next home game, many of the supporters over at BRFCS are boycotting the game due to the lack of change in management, these are fans that have been attending for 20+, 30+ up to 50+ years. Is the club aware that such action Is being taken? Do the employees at BRFC care that THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN?

As i'm sure you are aware, supporters require change at management level. They feel that they need someone to look to restore faith in the club and after the recent poor result against Bolton many supporters were fully expecting a new manager to come in. Is there or was there plans to do this? If not, for what reason is Steve Kean being backed? Results? Lack of funds? Friendships?

Of course, I do not expect you to go into detail or perhaps even reply to such forthcoming questions but... The are questions than need asking.

The attitude of the supporters will get worse the longer they ignored and i'm sure you are aware of that. It is the feeling of the fans that some action has to be taken now to avoid this. Does the club have any plan of action to attempt to change supporters attitudes?

I am merely trying to mediate here get the some form of communication going between the club and the fans in this difficult time as this topic alone is still something of upmost importance. If you have anything to say regarding the the above topics and questions I would very much appreciate It if you would reply or give me a call.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Neal Burton.

Although your intentions are fine, I'm not sure how you can expect Paul Hunt to be able to respond to any of those questions.

Although your intentions are fine, I'm not sure how you can expect Paul Hunt to be able to respond to any of those questions.

Please, of course I didn't expect Paul to reply to those questions. What I wanted was either some kind of reply or no reply at all, this was no loss situation either way anyway, so I'm therefore just relaying my finings. Though it was the latter, It further shows up those at the club in bad lad light... Once again. I have gained something out of it... Gained knowledge that Paul Hunt is another controlled by Venkys... One person who I thought may have been different at the club.

I was wrong.

• Backroom

Maybe he just has other priorities at this time?

Of course he is 'controlled by Venkys' they pay his wages

Paul should reply to fans concerns but I'm not sure what he could say to these

Edit: maybe I was a bit harsh

I have had many good chats with Paul Hunt over the last couple of months, and he is looking at ways to open communication. He is in a difficult position because he is an employee of difficult owners. Our club runs like no other, and although certain things have not moved forward as quick as I would of liked I still have much faith in him, doing as much as he possibly can with the limited powers he has

I have had many good chats with Paul Hunt over the last couple of months, and he is looking at ways to open communication. He is in a difficult position because he is an employee of difficult owners. Our club runs like no other, and although certain things have not moved forward as quick as I would of liked I still have much faith in him, doing as much as he possibly can with the limited powers he has

Glen ... any news on paul clement left .... its very quiet ....

So are we to take it that Paul Hunt is now barred from talking to us, whilst in the meantime the character of 'MG Road' is sent on to placate/goad us? Very, very poor.

I wonder if MG Road is an anagram? There's definitely Rao in there. Perhaps MD G Rao? God only knows!

I recall reading that Paul Hunt explained to a fan (was it you, Neal?) that the club is run as a "hybrid" system (read Coco reports to Mrs. D. and not the board).

I mean, come on, wtf?

Dear Mr. Paul Heep (I mean Hunt), I would suggest that if you can't execute your role effectively and work at a level appropriate to your career expectations, you should resign immediately. These clowns are making you look like an ineffectual lap-dogging wally.

IMO, Paul Hunt is incompetent and probably a mere a puppet of Venky's.

If the latter, any individual with competence, integrity and confidence would show some b@lls and tell Venky's what they can do with their job and within weeks, the capable operator would have found another job.

IMO, there is no hope for our club with clowns as both owners and operators.

It was pretty obvious from Hunt's last set of answers that he's a long way outside of the loop with regards to footballing decisions.

I don't think it's even worth pursuing answers from him because he wouldn't be able to answer the questions we need answering, even if he wanted to.

A PL football club with no real board of directors in the UK.

A 'manager' undertaking his first job, with an appalling record who is only reports to a woman in India with no knowledge of football, a womand who has a personal friendship with said manager and wife.

Remember when John Williams used to talk about how envious clubs were of our set up and success? :(

Don' t waste your time with PH.......nice bloke but a complete puppet with no power, no influence and if he steps one inch out of line no job!

As I said months and months ago the real target for us are the Raos/Venkys, it is nice to see that most realise this now and the need to look at the root cause and not just the symptom (snotty nose) namely Coco.

BTW, I just looked at the site whilst on my hols and realised that we only had 20,000 on versus Stoke!!! How many were Stoke fans, I dread to see what our next home gates will be, the unofficial boycott is starting to work, and that is after two freak results against Liverpool and Utd.

What does he do?

SERIOUSLY - what is he paid to do?

our marketing is awful,

we didn't manage to acquire a paying sponsor,

the advertising boards around the ground are mainly blank (or a repetition of the same brands),

we have formed no international links,

he is not the contracts man,

he doesn't have a clue what is going on with regards to footballing matters,

he has no power to remove the manager,

all links with the fans have been cut......etc

JOKE!!

Don' t waste your time with PH.......nice bloke but a complete puppet with no power, no influence and if he steps one inch out of line no job!

As I said months and months ago the real target for us are the Raos/Venkys, it is nice to see that most realise this now and the need to look at the root cause and not just the symptom (snotty nose) namely Coco.

BTW, I just looked at the site whilst on my hols and realised that we only had 20,000 on versus Stoke!!! How many were Stoke fans, I dread to see what our next home gates will be, the unofficial boycott is starting to work, and that is after two freak results against Liverpool and Utd.

2k Stokies. Of the 6 ST holders i meet up with at Ewood only 2 turned out for that game. They were all there v notlob.

I assume he ensures the match day programmes are printed on time :rolleyes:

No that's Beamo's responsibility and therein lies rumours of further incompetence in the programme area, you couldn't make it up !

The problem is that P.Hunt has only held Commercial/Sales Roles in the past at Leicester, Wigan and Bolton.

Effectively we've appointed someone with no experience of running a football club as the Operating head in the UK. This is as poor an appointment as Steve Kean, regardless of whether he's a nice guy (most Sales/Commercial people come across that way)

Archived