BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Podcast 19

J*B

The first podcast of the year see's Wen Y Hu, Eddie, Paul and PhilipL discussing:

• Bolton protests and the media coverage
  • Kean's record in his first year in charge
  • Accounts to 30 June and the reported 18m loss
  • Bolton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Stoke games

It will be available by the following PodcastPlayer

http://brfcspod.brfcsltd.netdna-cdn.com/BRFCS-19.mp3

or alternatively by copy and pasting the following into your URL bar:

http://brfcspod.brfcsltd.netdna-cdn.com/BRFCS-19.mp3

It never does straight away. It was uploaded 28 minutes ago - it could be any time from now and in an hour before it becomes available. Once it is available both links will work.

Guest Wen Y Hu

How long before it appears on iTunes?

:rover:

iTunes usually takes quite a while indeed and is not particularly reliable. Downloading is the most effective way to get hold of it, then add it to your iTunes library.

Guest Wen Y Hu

Now published with the usual links on the front page here.

Thanks as ever to Josh for the production and thanks to Eddie and Paul for leading the discussions and to philipl for his insight into the Rovers accounts.

Well done to all involved top quality yet again!

What a sorry mess we are in with these chicken chokers though after hearing the discussion on Rovers submitted accounts, truly depressing, yet, not all over, just yet.

Top Podcast once again.

I know you guys do them for free but it would be really good to get them more regualary as some of the games were a ago.

Well done on making the accounts as simple they can be made and of course they make very grim reading.

Cheers

BKR

Thanks BKR. Basically Christmas got in the way recently. We're scheduled to record another on Sunday so I guess it will be out early next week

excellent work chaps makes for grim listening the rovers accounts

one thing that struck me if KPMG are doing the accounts are fairly well respected surely they see the mess we are in and can urge the shareholders to make it clear to the owners that they need to inject their own money now to rescue the club.

Also as they are fairly big and loads of businesses let KPMG do their accounts when all the crap comes out about the financial mis-management of the club there good name will become muck so surely in their long term interests they should dis-associate themselves from such crooks?.

Thanks once again for a great podcast perhaps next time coco comes on telly to give his deluded view of the game we can replace it with Kamy's or anyone's else's view of the game as coco's BS after games is driving me mad so much so after games I turn off his comments they get more ridiculous.

one thing that struck me if KPMG are doing the accounts are fairly well respected surely they see the mess we are in and can urge the shareholders to make it clear to the owners that they need to inject their own money now to rescue the club.

Also as they are fairly big and loads of businesses let KPMG do their accounts when all the crap comes out about the financial mis-management of the club there good name will become muck so surely in their long term interests they should dis-associate themselves from such crooks?.

This isn't the thread to discuss this but to quickly answer your point. Yes KPMG do guard the reputation very carefully and cannot afford to be associated with anything which could be seen as incorrect.

The auditors responsibility is to confirm the accounts are accurate, nothing more. If the accounts are written on the "going concern" basis - that is the company intends to continue trading - the auditors will seek assurance from the owners that sufficient funds are available to a loss-making business to allow it to continue trading. Basically this means the owners stating they will support the club.

The auditors will then write a statement to this effect into the accounts.

Will add my comments next week. Been discussing the accounts privately with Nick Harris and will make a more detailed post in the coming weeks. This will be re: loss and debt.

I disagree on numerous points.

Does not really matter concerning loss and debt, and any creative accountant could hide anything in either set of company accounts. The question should be do we have the cashflow to support the club? Evidence is no without support from either Barclays or Venkys. If the bank want the overdraft reduced and Venkys aren't willing to inject cash into the club, then we need to sell players and reduce overheads (wages immediately) or we will run out of cash and the bank will call in their loans and place us into administration.

Very simple really as my old accounts professor used to say, profits are for vanity, cash is for sanity.

Very simple really as my old accounts professor used to say, profits are for vanity, cash is for sanity.

At work we say turnover is vanity, profit is sanity

Will add my comments next week. Been discussing the accounts privately with Nick Harris and will make a more detailed post in the coming weeks. This will be re: loss and debt.

I disagree on numerous points.

That's the whole point of this being a forum and why we try to stand staunchly neutral on everything, we want to hear everything from every angle.

Archived