BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Planned open supporters meeting

Glen, is there any chance of getting Andy Cryer to keep mentioning the meeting in the smellygraph in the run up to Thurs, or maybe even putting an ad in? It's just that I mentioned it to a relative of mine last night and he didn't know the meeting was happening, nor, he said did his mates that he drinks with in the Cherry Tree area. There are a lot of Rovers supporting pub goers from this area - think the Station, Fieldens and Fenny Club, so it'd be a shame if no-one from there came. It's great that so many forums are going to get a mention but I think we need to remember that there are still a lot of fans out there who don't go on websites and it'd be a real shame if these people don't get a chance to participate. I know lots of fans from the Manxman area will come because word will have got around via the pub there but I'm thinking we might be missing a trick if we don't get your average Joe Public fan from lots of the different areas of Blackburn to come along, too.

Wholeheartedly agree on that! Is there any way flyers could be put up at the different local pubs, at least? I'd do it myself, but well...yeah...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an agenda that could be posted here in advance of Thursday ?

Bumped just in case this has been missed by the organisers...............

25 replies in total but nothing at all in 36 hours? Why is this thread so devoid of interest?

Hopefully the meeting will be better attended than today's protests.

25 replies in total but nothing at all in 36 hours? Why is this thread so devoid of interest?

I think it's down to three things and the general level of posting seems to be dropping quickly as a result:

We haven't played for a while which always quitens things down

Much of what is being discussed is just endless repetition of the same old stuff

There's a general apathy surrounding everything Rovers

Personally I've completely lost interest. I will go tonight and to the meeting tomorrow but I have no enthusiasm for anything to do with Rovers at the moment. It's just a case of going through the motions.

I think it's down to three things and the general level of posting seems to be dropping quickly as a result:

Much of what is being discussed is just endless repetition of the same old stuff

Personally I've completely lost interest. I will go tonight and to the meeting tomorrow but I have no enthusiasm for anything to do with Rovers at the moment. It's just a case of going through the motions.

I went to the first meeting and I left disappointed to be honest. The meeting started a lot later than it should have done and when it did start it soon degenerated into a shouting match between several people. It was difficult to hear what was being said as there was no microphone and this lead to some unrest as people at the back couldn't hear what was being said. There was no agenda to work to and old ground was covered (Kean and Venky bashing) with no tangible outcome.

Again I see that the day before there has been no mention of an agenda and if there isn't one I expect tomorrow's meeting to go the same way. It is being done with the best intentions but I won't be going for the reasons mentioned above. However good luck to all those that do attend.

Don't disagree Paul.

It would have been of benefit to everyone attending for an agenda to have been agreed well in advance, as these things tend to end up a shouting contest, unless as you say apathy gets the better of many.

I went to the first meeting and I left disappointed to be honest. The meeting started a lot later than it should have done and when it did start it soon degenerated into a shouting match between several people. It was difficult to hear what was being said as there was no microphone and this lead to some unrest as people at the back couldn't hear what was being said. There was no agenda to work to and old ground was covered (Kean and Venky bashing) with no tangible outcome.

Again I see that the day before there has been no mention of an agenda and if there isn't one I expect tomorrow's meeting to go the same way. It is being done with the best intentions but I won't be going for the reasons mentioned above. However good luck to all those that do attend.

Never, ever, hold a public meeting where the attendees can consume alcohol.

It is not conducive to good debate or public order.

• Backroom

I thought the meeting was ok when it got going, unfortunately me and tris got a bit of stick off a few people one of which had had a few pints it seemed so it did get a little heated.

I'll be going tomorrow and expect a much larger turnout

Dave: I do agree re alcohol but finding a venue was tricky I beleive

Never, ever, hold a public meeting where the attendees can consume alcohol.

It is not conducive to good debate or public order.

How long have you been away from Blackburn dave? To most this meeting is just a convenient excuse to the missus to go for a pint.

Unless I am mistaken and the Crown Prince of Qatar is guest speaker it will achieve precisely nothing. Sorry.

just a thought regarding the leaflet...I've not seen it, but it might have been the one I heard they had 5000 printed of for the 24 hour protest? If this is the case, I don't think this meeting was arranged at that point.

Hopefully see some of you there tonight. :brfc:

just a thought regarding the leaflet...I've not seen it, but it might have been the one I heard they had 5000 printed of for the 24 hour protest? If this is the case, I don't think this meeting was arranged at that point.

They were giving out other leaflets yesterday, so they can't have been about the 24 hour protest (unless there's another?!).

• Backroom

Still no agenda. I hope there is a very strong chair person as I think this has the potential to develop into a slanging match.

I believe someone has been brought in to guest chair it I read it somewhere last week, not sure who it is.

Is it being minuted or recorded?

They were giving out other leaflets yesterday, so they can't have been about the 24 hour protest (unless there's another?!).

Ah right, my mistake...just a thought :D

I believe someone has been brought in to guest chair it I read it somewhere last week, not sure who it is.

Is it being minuted or recorded?

Just been on FB that it is going to be Gary Hickson...or so he belives, so don't quote me :D

• Backroom

Good stuff, i'm hoping to attend but if I do it will be as myself and not a part of any group.

If it did degenerate into a slanging match I'll be off but I can't see that happening this time.

If none of the organisers can be arsed to publish an agenda, despite numerous requests, then that's unfair on anyone wanting to attend and just serves to allow the organisers to steer the meeting in any way they choose.

Perhaps there's a hidden agenda :o

I would be tempted to attend this, despite my v early start tomorrow. But, there appears to be no agenda, no objectives, no format, the chance of oversubscription leading to lock outs, undersubscription leading to timewasting, no chair, no timescale, nothing.

I forsee chaos, as it is a bit late to sort this out now, unless it's all a well kept secret of course.

Glen Mullan-what is going on?

I'm not sure when the 24 hour protest was? Money was still being sort on January 10th with a view to printing on the W/E of 14th/15th. I don't know if this happened. If the leaflet had been printed before the open meeting was finalised it would not have been too difficult to distribute an A4 paper with the details last night by the same people who had the leaflets.

The date, time and venue were confirmed on here on January 18th.

I'm not sure when the 24 hour protest was? Money was still being sort on January 10th with a view to printing on the W/E of 14th/15th. I don't know if this happened. If the leaflet had been printed before the open meeting was finalised it would not have been too difficult to distribute an A4 paper with the details last night by the same people who had the leaflets.

The date, time and venue were confirmed on here on January 18th.

I agree Paul, I was just thinking out loud.

The Roost is on the train back from London now. Bell me later Andy and I wil let u know if I am going.

Do you have an agenda?!

no, I'm going with an open mind Pete :lol:

Not that I'm aware of. I didn't go to the first meeting, however I'm expecting it to be a 'conversation' rather than it being a meeting with an agenda.

I should be finished around 6.30, so will give you a buzz...

Some posters seem to have one.

The same detractors are at it again.

I think you will find it's more a matter of people thinking about the whole situation, asking questions, formulating opinions and looking to stimulate the whole fan base to ask one question:

What is really happening in relation to everything at Ewood? - not just tonight's meeting or the protest movement.

Archived