BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Planned open supporters meeting

We are planning an open supporters meeting to be held in Blackburn (Just waiting for venue to confirm)

The reason for this meeting is to try and bring all websites, supporters clubs, supporter groups, The Fans Forum, BRST, club sponsors, Potentially a club Rep, Coucillors and anyone else who may be able to offer advise and idea's in a unified way forward.

I have spoken with quite a few of these already who have confirmed their interest in attending, and hope many of the BRFCS Community can attend.

We are also hoping to have a raffle as Gary Flitcroft has said he would like to raffle of some of his prizes shirts in an effort to raise funds for Chorley.

I intend to discuss with the various groups the format for the meeting and ask all to have idea's and be open minded to how we tackle what has unfolded over the last 12 months

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good work Glen as always

0% chance of anyone from the club turning up though

the tea lady might if she's not too busy doing all the other jobs she'll have by then like playing Centreback for the first team, being assistant manager and filling in as a midfielder or withdrawn striker.

I have spoken with someone at the club who did not oppose the idea,

Matt Jansen has also donated some boots, Rovers shirts, potentially the worthington cup shirt, (He is having a think over that)

Been given some great contact number this evening for ex pkayers and staff, who are aware I have them so hopefully we will be able to tempt some of those to the meeting

We are planning an open supporters meeting to be held in Blackburn (Just waiting for venue to confirm)

The reason for this meeting is to try and bring all websites, supporters clubs, supporter groups, The Fans Forum, BRST, club sponsors, Potentially a club Rep, Coucillors and anyone else who may be able to offer advise and idea's in a unified way forward.

I have spoken with quite a few of these already who have confirmed their interest in attending, and hope many of the BRFCS Community can attend.

We are also hoping to have a raffle as Gary Flitcroft has said he would like to raffle of some of his prizes shirts in an effort to raise funds for Chorley.

I intend to discuss with the various groups the format for the meeting and ask all to have idea's and be open minded to how we tackle what has unfolded over the last 12 months

What time will it kick off, I will be in Blackburn that day

Glen, Fernhurst is being refurbed at the mo, so why not have it in their function room upstairs?

No reason not to have this at ewood. Premier Suite should be available..... before it has to change it's name.

Book it under the 'John Milton appreciation society'. I can't imagine anybody down there will see the connection and when you are in you are in.

No reason not to have this at ewood. Premier Suite should be available..... before it has to change it's name.

Book it under the 'John Milton appreciation society'. I can't imagine anybody down there will see the connection and when you are in you are in.

LOL

don't give up just yet Gordon

• Backroom

Damm, I am in London overnight on the 26th. I'll make a bid now of £100 for a signed Jansen shirt.

It may be a good idea to open the raffle up on-line to get increased bids and therefore income for the Protest Group.

That sounds more like an auction than a raffle.

I imagine an auction may raise more

Any update on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little reminder about Thursdays open supporters meeting, The response has been very good from most of the Rovers supporter groups and websites.

We have had some potentially good news tonight regarding who will chair the meeting, and I'm hopeful of announcing this tomorrow if he can box of something which will go hand in hand with this meeting.

All supporter groups will hopefully do an introduction about their group/site/commitee and hopefully come the end of the meeting more be people will be know a lot more than they did before they went, whilst a unified direction/idea's will be discussed.

From a personal point of view I'm looking forward to listening to the BRST plans, and also Wayne Wild's plans and thoughts.

Hopefully see lots of you on Thursday?

Glen, is there any chance of getting Andy Cryer to keep mentioning the meeting in the smellygraph in the run up to Thurs, or maybe even putting an ad in? It's just that I mentioned it to a relative of mine last night and he didn't know the meeting was happening, nor, he said did his mates that he drinks with in the Cherry Tree area. There are a lot of Rovers supporting pub goers from this area - think the Station, Fieldens and Fenny Club, so it'd be a shame if no-one from there came. It's great that so many forums are going to get a mention but I think we need to remember that there are still a lot of fans out there who don't go on websites and it'd be a real shame if these people don't get a chance to participate. I know lots of fans from the Manxman area will come because word will have got around via the pub there but I'm thinking we might be missing a trick if we don't get your average Joe Public fan from lots of the different areas of Blackburn to come along, too.

Archived