BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant Manager

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

black follows bruce around. to me this says yes man, arse licker etc. i'd prefer hendry. if theres one person you'd expect to have blackburn rovers' best wishes at heart and whose not afraid of a bit of conflict its colin hendry.

Having our best wishes at heart didn't prevent him bailing out twice to leave us in the lurch. Not once but twice ! Stay clear.

If i'm not mistaken, with Ian Brunskill as assistant we have done much better than with any other assistants, i'm fairly sure he has been in the role for the Liverpool win, West Brom x2 and now the Fulham game. Maybe he has a good connection with the players and should be given a chance??

black follows bruce around. to me this says yes man, arse licker etc. i'd prefer hendry. if theres one person you'd expect to have blackburn rovers' best wishes at heart and whose not afraid of a bit of conflict its colin hendry.

I'd have Rovers' best wishes at heart but I wouldn't have the talent to do the job. Same with Big Col, he's not what we need at all.

He was in charge at Coventry for a bit, never really liked by many and didn't get the backing of the club and failed.

If his Wiki profile is correct, he won 12 out of 26 games (46%), plus 4 draws. Not a bad record, what was the issue with him there? Just a case of him not connecting with the crowd, a bit like Big Sam?

If i'm not mistaken, with Ian Brunskill as assistant we have done much better than with any other assistants, i'm fairly sure he has been in the role for the Liverpool win, West Brom x2 and now the Fulham game. Maybe he has a good connection with the players and should be given a chance??

Now I was going to say something there, yesterdays performance was not dissimilar to the Reserves cup win v Man U last season, resolute in defence, some sharp passing movements and the midfield pushing forward and working back, maybe by performance, Brunskill may be worth a shout, he does seem to relate well to young players!!!

more than Kean and his name is Tugay. Sam should have done it when he had the chance, then there would have been no need for that job advert.

Kean has more experience as a coach and assistant, but we're talking about someone who can compensate for his lack of managerial nous. Tugay doesn't have that. I wish people would drop this 'place needs a lift' nonsense. Let's hire a different Rovers legend each week for when the novelty wears off.

Kean has more experience as a coach and assistant, but we're talking about someone who can compensate for his lack of managerial nous. Tugay doesn't have that. I wish people would drop this 'place needs a lift' nonsense. Let's hire a different Rovers legend each week for when the novelty wears off.

I agree!! Lets go for it! :P

Now I was going to say something there, yesterdays performance was not dissimilar to the Reserves cup win v Man U last season, resolute in defence, some sharp passing movements and the midfield pushing forward and working back, maybe by performance, Brunskill may be worth a shout, he does seem to relate well to young players!!!

TBH, Kelbo, not sure about Brunskill.

I know a bit about his time with the kids @ Liverpool and folk I talk to alaways seem a bit surprised about what he's doing now.

I might be being a bit unfair but I've got a good view of Rovers' area from where I sit and he seems an unemotional guy with no real presence. Don't know if you've noticed but only time he seems to enter the technical area is when we are defending a corner and apart from the odd bit of pointing, he could be watching paint dry.

Can't believe the excitement over a assistant. Whoever it is will make no difference to anything. Until the real problem is sorted properly we're in the shyte.

We are all clutching at straws mate.. despite a couple of decent results the club is still run by Kean and Venkys, we would just like some form of good news even if it is just an assistant manager we like..

Does anyone know who Kean met? Has anyone been hired?

Can't believe the excitement over a assistant. Whoever it is will make no difference to anything. Until the real problem is sorted properly we're in the shyte.

You are true in that the fundamental problems at the club still won’t be addressed.

However, as it clear that Kean is pretty much unsackable, any quality additions to the backroom staff might help.

Archived