BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Assistant Manager

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so it is eric black?

Seems like he's the no 1 target but can't understand why it would take until the middle of next week ?

He either wants the job or doesn't.

Personally, I think it would prove to be a short term appointment only before he teamed-up with Bruce again elsewhere. I think there are better options unless Venky's have a plan to replace Kean with Bruce !

Seems like he's the no 1 target but can't understand why it would take until the middle of next week ?

He either wants the job or doesn't.

Personally, I think it would prove to be a short term appointment only before he teamed-up with Bruce again elsewhere. I think there are better options unless Venky's have a plan to replace Kean with Bruce !

Venky's dont have a plan.

Oh God No this fool has even less experience than coco himself I don't understand what have we done to deserve these incompetant owners this clown of a manager and now possibly an even bigger clown as assistant I just only hope they stay well clear of Bruce I swear if these clowns appoint Bruce or Black I will burn an Indian flag next week am still hoping Tugay gets the call even Big Col would be amazing.

Oh God No this fool has even less experience than coco himself I don't understand what have we done to deserve these incompetant owners this clown of a manager and now possibly an even bigger clown as assistant I just only hope they stay well clear of Bruce I swear if these clowns appoint Bruce or Black I will burn an Indian flag next week am still hoping Tugay gets the call even Big Col would be amazing.

Worst post of 2012 so far? Surely?

I was given the name Eric Black earlier this evening. I personally think it'll be a good appointment. Everyone would love Tugay / Hendry though. I completely understand why as both are legends at the club and would be seen as a positive move by the club. However Tugay / Hendry don't have much experience at the top level. Eric Black does and that would represent a better option in the current situation we find ourselves in.

Not to mention he is a fluent French speaker, so I guess he could help with trying to convince Samba to stay or at least find out what's going on in his head. Good choice I think for our current situation at Ewood and would certaunly give Kean more support where he needs it. Only thing is though will he stay if Steve Bruce gets another job?

I was given the name Eric Black earlier this evening. I personally think it'll be a good appointment. Everyone would love Tugay / Hendry though. I completely understand why as both are legends at the club and would be seen as a positive move by the club. However Tugay / Hendry don't have much experience at the top level. Eric Black does and that would represent a better option in the current situation we find ourselves in.

Not to mention he is a fluent French speaker, so I guess he could help with trying to convince Samba to stay or at least find out what's going on in his head. Good choice I think for our current situation at Ewood and would certaunly give Kean more support where he needs it. Only thing is though will he stay if Steve Bruce gets another job?

I agree Jimmy. Black would be a good choice as number 2.

here is Alan Nixon People article:- http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2012/01/15/steve-kean-wants-eric-black-as-his-new-right-hand-man-exclusive-102039-23699709/

I [think] Samba is pretty fluent in English too so it wouldn't be high on my CV wish list.

Eric Black has plenty of experience which would be welcome. The fact he's having to think it over suggests doubts. Probably working for Kean and Venkys. It'll probably mean he gets a clause that he can walk at any time.

By the way, Brfcrule1, your unpunctuated post was pretty short, so I was actually able to read it. I wish I hadn't. Very poor. Burn an Indian flag and just see what happens. To the club and to you. The least you'll get is prosecution for inciting racial hatred, if you're lucky.

I'd be pleased with Black. I don't want any ex-Rovers coming in just for sentiments sake. Yesterdays win has given us a very slim chance of getting out of the mess we're in. We need to make the most of it. Tugay has had very little coaching experience and Hendrey was a flop at Blackpool and has had serious personal problems.

I'd be pleased with Black. I don't want any ex-Rovers coming in just for sentiments sake. Yesterdays win has given us a very slim chance of getting out of the mess we're in. We need to make the most of it. Tugay has had very little coaching experience and Hendrey was a flop at Blackpool and has had serious personal problems.

Quite right, Tyrone. Tugay & Hendry were legends but they're not the experienced No. 2 we need to babysit our own No. 2.

I [think] Samba is pretty fluent in English too so it wouldn't be high on my CV wish list.

Surely Samba could just speak to N'zonzi, Givet if he's missing using french? Lol.

Quite right, Tyrone. Tugay & Hendry were legends but they're not the experienced No. 2 we need to babysit our own No. 2.

Tugay has been doing loads of coaching and No. 2/boss at Gala:

Managerial career

On 3 June 2009 Tugay began working with his former manager Mark Hughes behind the scenes at Manchester City F.C in a coaching role. He was linked for various assistant positions for the Turkish national team after Fatih Terim's departure, however he became the coordinator for the Galatasaray youth academy in February 2010.

[edit] The Return Home

On October 21, 2010, Galatasaray SK has announced that the legendary Tugay Kerimoglu has been assigned for the position of the new assistant coach for Galatasaray, along side of another living legend, Gheorghe Hagi.[6] On March 22, 2011 Hagi was sacked following a string of poor results. Tugay refused to become the head coach until the end of the season, saying it would be wrong to accept the position for the head coach right after the sacking of Hagi.[7]

I'd have him back in a heart beat.

Eric Black has plenty of experience which would be welcome. The fact he's having to think it over suggests doubts. Probably working for Kean and Venkys. It'll probably mean he gets a clause that he can walk at any time.

Of course Samba is fluent in English, but having someone around on the management team who speaks your native language will help massively. Time will tell, I suppose.

Surely Samba could just speak to N'zonzi, Givet if he's missing using french? Lol.

Tugay has been doing loads of coaching and No. 2/boss at Gala:

Managerial career

On 3 June 2009 Tugay began working with his former manager Mark Hughes behind the scenes at Manchester City F.C in a coaching role. He was linked for various assistant positions for the Turkish national team after Fatih Terim's departure, however he became the coordinator for the Galatasaray youth academy in February 2010.

[edit] The Return Home

On October 21, 2010, Galatasaray SK has announced that the legendary Tugay Kerimoglu has been assigned for the position of the new assistant coach for Galatasaray, along side of another living legend, Gheorghe Hagi.[6] On March 22, 2011 Hagi was sacked following a string of poor results. Tugay refused to become the head coach until the end of the season, saying it would be wrong to accept the position for the head coach right after the sacking of Hagi.[7]

I'd have him back in a heart beat.

Short-term and bit-part roles, Maji. Not the experience needed. If his name wasn't Tugay, you'd be saying the same.

Black- at least we will be doubly unfit now.

I honestly don't know much about the guy other than he follows Brue around ! Nicko rates him very highly which, in my mind, gets alarm bells ringing.

What's behind your clear doubts.

black follows bruce around. to me this says yes man, arse licker etc. i'd prefer hendry. if theres one person you'd expect to have blackburn rovers' best wishes at heart and whose not afraid of a bit of conflict its colin hendry.

We dont need someone with our best interests at heart, we need someone who can organise us so that we can keep a clean sheet.

Archived