BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chorley FC v Stafford Rangers

• Backroom

That makes no sense.

Why would I need to know about Chorley to note that protest colours wouldn't help their cause?

I don't ever recall claiming to know what is best for them either.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm from Rishton and I did know they are the Magpies just had a momentary lapse as I thought I recalled seeing Jansen in blue training jacket recently.

I don't see what relevance any of that has though to be honest.

I considered going for a day out and help a struggling club at the same time, wasn't aware I had to be a fan to care

I'm from Rishton and I did know they are the Magpies just had a momentary lapse as I thought I recalled seeing Jansen in blue training jacket recently.

I don't see what relevance any of that has though to be honest.

I considered going for a day out and help a struggling club at the same time, wasn't aware I had to be a fan to care

You would have done Tom, he had a blue one on at the North Ferriby game on the 7th and you would have seen the pictures posted around facebook !!!

In your first sentence you profess to know what is good for chorley and then you totally make a fool of yourself and prove you ain't got a feckin clue about them.

bad day at the office darling?

• Backroom

You would have done Tom, he had a blue one on at the North Ferriby game on the 7th and you would have seen the pictures posted around facebook !!!

Cheers bud at least now i know a tiny bit about Chorley I'm allowed to care!

• Backroom

Wish I could make it but working till at least two so won't be able to get the coach.

If I finish in time I'll drive over.

Is there a certain section Rovers fans go in?

Wish I could make it but working till at least two so won't be able to get the coach.

If I finish in time I'll drive over.

Is there a certain section Rovers fans go in?

there's only one gate in to chorley's ground pal, then u have a free reign to walk around between stands :)

Your first mistake was talking to him, your second mistake was expecting anything sensible to come out of his gob :D

We'll be there hopefully.

Can't be there myself as I am in Sweden, but I donated £5 to the cause at: Venkys Out of Blackburn Rovers

It is a good initiative, especially given the Rovers links they have right now. Showing a bit of solidarity in the football community is always a good thing!

Massive effort from the rovers supporters today, 25% of the crowd was rovers fans, and lots of extra revenue generated for Chorley,

In addition the BRFC Action Group has managed to persuade Gary Flitcroft and Matt Jansen to attend the BRFCS Sportsman dinner, whilst also getting the directors of Chorley to purchase a table

• Backroom

Great stuff but I think it is also fair to say the fact that the organisers and owners of the site being willing to donate the profits to Chorley would be a big factor in them coming.

It is looking like the 1st BRFCS Sportsmans Dinner is going to be a great night... Simon Garner, Gerry Flitcroft, Matt Jansen, and maybe Mick Rathbone.

It is a great cause. I am sure we will raise a bundle for Chorley FC.

There are only about 30 tickets left. You can buy them online the link is in the Sportsmans Dinner thread, off Me, Glenn Pegden, Ste B, Tom M and Glen Mullan.

Massive effort from the rovers supporters today, 25% of the crowd was rovers fans, and lots of extra revenue generated for Chorley,

In addition the BRFC Action Group has managed to persuade Gary Flitcroft and Matt Jansen to attend the BRFCS Sportsman dinner, whilst also getting the directors of Chorley to purchase a table

When I read posts like this I start to worry

When I hear football fans chant an individual's name I worry

When I have to push my way through ###### up arguing Action Group members to get out of the club house I'm unhappy. For a few moments I was quite nervous.

I wonder how many will make a "massive effort" next season?

Self-congratulation is a dangerous thing

When I have to push my way through ###### up arguing Action Group members to get out of the club house I'm unhappy. For a few moments I was quite nervous.

So you are worried that supporters took time out including yourself to go and watch Chorley?

I admit the club house was quite full and access was very difficult, but my wife and 2 year old daughter was with me yesterday and as a family we never felt nervous.

Lots of supporters have been watching Chorley like you for many years and I agree, If Chorley's financial issues had not been highlighted the likely hood of many going would be much smaller.

Will people make it a permanent fixture next season? Thats down to the individual I guess,

You have lost me on the chants?

Self-congratulation is a dangerous thing? So by saying Rovers supporters made a massive effort yesterday is suddenly self promotion?? Or by saying the Action Group , GROUP being the word has been promoting the BRFCS Sportsperson dinner to help with sales of tickets is wrong also?

I know you don't understand this Glen. Secondly I have not been watching Chorley for years, I just turn up very, very occasionaly. The last two games I've been there with a few other Rovers fans.

From the outside what the GROUP is doing does not look good to me. As for supporting Chorley I personally think that is a cover for protest - if it isn't why dress up as a chicken or wear black and gold at Victory Park? I had nothing to identify me as a Rovers fan precisely because your GROUP all turned up in those colours. Ask yourself how it would be if a bunch of fans from another club turned up in the middle of the BBE one afternoon? The outside perception is something you should be worried about. We need protest, I quite agree but I wouldn't associate with it as it stands now. A lot has been achieved and I believe it will take us much further but the BRFC Action Group needs to be careful about the public perception.

There was a moment, just a fleeting one, as I tried to leave when I felt really intimidated. If that's what you want it was achieved.

Read your post again. I'd have said nothing if you hadn't posted in a manner which implies your GROUP has persuaded Flitcroft, Jansen and the Chorley directors to attend the BRFCS dinner. You are getting this wrong.

As for the chants - you heard nothing as you walked in with your daughter in tow?

I know you don't understand this Glen. Secondly I have not been watching Chorley for years, I just turn up very, very occasionaly. The last two games I've been there with a few other Rovers fans.

From the outside what the GROUP is doing does not look good to me. As for supporting Chorley I personally think that is a cover for protest - if it isn't why dress up as a chicken or wear black and gold at Victory Park? I had nothing to identify me as a Rovers fan precisely because your GROUP all turned up in those colours. Ask yourself how it would be if a bunch of fans from another club turned up in the middle of the BBE one afternoon? The outside perception is something you should be worried about. We need protest, I quite agree but I wouldn't associate with it as it stands now. A lot has been achieved and I believe it will take us much further but the BRFC Action Group needs to be careful about the public perception.

There was a moment, just a fleeting one, as I tried to leave when I felt really intimidated. If that's what you want it was achieved.

Read your post again. I'd have said nothing if you hadn't posted in a manner which implies your GROUP has persuaded Flitcroft, Jansen and the Chorley directors to attend the BRFCS dinner. You are getting this wrong.

As for the chants - you heard nothing as you walked in with your daughter in tow?

I certainly do not want anyone to feel intimidated, and i'm sorry if you felt this way. The group which will be having their own meeting in a couple of weeks is evolving all the time, and of course people will always have different opinions about the group.

This was NOT a protest, if it had been we would of issued press releases and got the media to cover it,

On the Jansen Flitty etc thing, We speak with Chorley on a daily basis and asked both players personally yesterday (They was not aware of the dinner) if they would attend, They will also be providing items for the raffle, after BRFCS Kindly decided the proceeds to go to Chorley. We also spent a lot of time with the Chairman of Chorley FC, and told him about the proceeds going to Chorley etc from BRFCS, he was unaware, and he then spoke with the other directors who was sat with him and said they would also have a table and change the date of a function they have the same evening so they can attend.

The chants you refer to was a personal joke aimed at me, as one of the group members recorded me on his phone when I had been on Karoake in a pub on Friday night, and they was all taking the ****, Its called banter.

The group as a whole has a good laugh when they meet up and we are always in good spirits, what they wear is irrelevant imo

I don't think noone has any issue with Rovers fans going to watch Chorley, it's been going on for years, but how some people conduct themselves is the issue. For much of the first half the group were singing Rovers songs and anti Venkys songs. Believe it or not songs such as 'you can stick you're f'in chickens up your arse' and 'we'll do what we want, we'll do what we want, we're Blackburn Rovers, we'll do what we want' etc doesn't really constitute supporting Chorley and sounds quite like a protest (official or not).

Some of the 'action group' could also do well to remember that at grounds like Chorley there are many more kids around than at Rovers away games and should use their language a little more appropriately.

Unfortunately this is where what people are wearing is important. If some people are acting like tits and are wearing BRFC Action Group jumpers and tshirts, then that reflects badly on the rest of the people too.

The double decker Tyrers coach that parked outside my house yesterday contained Rovers fans going to watch Chorley. I would guess more than half had yellow and black colours, and many had anti Venkys/Kean slogans on. This to me suggests some part of protest Glen.

• Moderation Lead

The double decker Tyrers coach that parked outside my house yesterday contained Rovers fans going to watch Chorley. I would guess more than half had yellow and black colours, and many had anti Venkys/Kean slogans on. This to me suggests some part of protest Glen.

Agree with this. Happy that our fans are helping Chorley out, but turning up singing Rovers songs and in our 'protest colours' smacks of a lack of class IMO.

Interesting points particuarly given your long standing promotion of the Chorley cause. Its also been interesting to read the changing tone of the protesters as the impact of the protests has reduced and other intiatives have really marginalised them. I worry that this group will now start to alienate people from the cause with thier attitude and behaviour.

That said they have done some great work, are celebrating in the way they like too - I doubt its that different to any away match these days and Chorley Football Club seem happy enough.

Sorry your day wasn't great but they did advertise their arrival well in advance.

I don't think noone has any issue with Rovers fans going to watch Chorley, it's been going on for years, but how some people conduct themselves is the issue. For much of the first half the group were singing Rovers songs and anti Venkys songs. Believe it or not songs such as 'you can stick you're f'in chickens up your arse' and 'we'll do what we want, we'll do what we want, we're Blackburn Rovers, we'll do what we want' etc doesn't really constitute supporting Chorley and sounds quite like a protest (official or not).

Those songs seemed to me to be in response to the stick they were getting from the Stafford fans who were very vocal.

Some of the 'action group' could also do well to remember that at grounds like Chorley there are many more kids around than at Rovers away games and should use their language a little more appropriately.

I don't think it was any worse than the Chorley or Stafford fans. Exactly what I'd expect to hear at a football match.

I went to the game with two pensioners, both Chorley fans. One male and one female. Neither complained in any way about the Rovers fans but were very grateful for their attendance in attempting to help out their cash strapped club.

Archived