BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chorley FC v Stafford Rangers

On the 7th January a group of Blackburn Rovers supporters attended Chorley FC’s Evo-Stik premier division home match with North Ferriby United to support their fight to fend off administration. The event was a successful show of unity with Chorley recording their highest home attendance of the season with 1224.

As a result of this and Blackburn’s elimination from the FA cup meaning we have no scheduled fixture on the 28th January, a date which coincides with Chorley’s home match to Stafford Rangers we intend to repeat this event and organise for a group of supporters to travel to Victory park again in support of Chorley's problems.

Chorley’s plight is through no fault of their own and with a few Rovers old boys leading the charge to save their club, Gary Flitcroft and Matt Jansen being the two key members, it was our intention to help out, we are disappointed that the press in some quarters tried to portray this as an encouragement to fan’s to boycott Rovers FA cup tie and we feel their coverage of it was not respectful enough towards Chorley’s troubles.

On the 28th Blackburn Rovers have no game, therefore our attendance to Chorley can only be portrayed as what it genuinely is and that is our support for their cause. A few thousand pounds can be a life-saving amount of money for a club like Chorley and without wishing to turn to cliché, every penny can make a difference, if Chorley can make a few thousand pounds from our show of unity, it can make a real difference to their club.

Admission prices to the match are £9 for adults (£5 with a valid Rovers season ticket), £5 for concessions.

We have also arranged return travel to Chorley from both, the Havelock Inn and Brown Cow on the day and we are taking reservations for this now and the cost of the travel is £4 return. This can be booked either through our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BRFC.CFC or by popping into either of the above mentioned pick up points and speaking to the landlord.

Those unable to attend who wish to donate anyway can do so through PayPal at:

Brfc-saving-Cfc@hotmail.co.uk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time post from a Chorley FC fan. It is fantastic news that you are planning another visit to Victory Park on 28 January. I was at the North Ferriby match when the Rovers fans attended and it was a great effort by your guys and created an excellent atmosphere. A BIG THANK YOU from all Chorley fans for your financial support by first coming to our games and secondly by setting up a fund for Rovers fans to donate to. It is this sort of gesture that makes you realise how sincere genuine fans from all clubs are and that no matter who we support, we are all passionate about football in general and a our clubs in particular.

Good luck in your efforts to remove the Venky's and Steve Keen and I hope you avoid relegation and can then build on that next season.

Thanks again.

First time post from a Chorley FC fan. It is fantastic news that you are planning another visit to Victory Park on 28 January. I was at the North Ferriby match when the Rovers fans attended and it was a great effort by your guys and created an excellent atmosphere. A BIG THANK YOU from all Chorley fans for your financial support by first coming to our games and secondly by setting up a fund for Rovers fans to donate to. It is this sort of gesture that makes you realise how sincere genuine fans from all clubs are and that no matter who we support, we are all passionate about football in general and a our clubs in particular.

Good luck in your efforts to remove the Venky's and Steve Keen and I hope you avoid relegation and can then build on that next season.

Thanks again.

The atmosphere against North Ferriby was fantastic, everyone of us who came along had a fantastic time and it was great banter with you all. We are looking forward to returning and it won't be for the final time!

We have a couple of fundraising events lined up in connection to this too which will no doubt all be published in the coming days/weeks. As you said we are all football fan's when all is said and done, its our game, our life.

Great result for yourselves today, coupled with Chester's loss its going to set up a tasty match on the 4th up at your place :)

See you all on Saturday :)

Just a reminder for those wishing to come to Chorley's match on the 28th we still have limited coach places available at £4 return. Inbox me for details.

It will be great to see plenty of Rovers fans at Chorley on Saturday, 28th January for our league game against Stafford Rangers.

You certainly added to the colour and atmosphere in the ground against North Ferriby United!!

If you haven't experienced the pleasures and delights of non-league football yet, then Chorley's Victory Park is the place to be next Saturday. Please bring all your family and friends, and help us to achieve another 1,000+ attendance!!

Thank you

I'm looking forward to going and would like to wear something to show I'm a Rover. Sadly this won't be possible as we immediately get associated with the black and golds.

Shame.

What's wrong with that?

I obviously cannot speak for Paul, but it is the right of fans not to want to be associated with what they have seen/heard/read from the protest movement to date, just as it is the right for people who do wish to associate themselves with the protest movment.

I think they call it choice...

I have never worn yellow and black myself, yet I would have no qualms standing side by side with someone that does.

Can't work out why there would be any guilt by association?

The protest group have been doing what they see fit for their football club, now you may not want to be actively involved yourself but they don't deserve to have fans going out of their way to avoid being tarnished by them.

I have never worn yellow and black myself, yet I would have no qualms standing side by side with someone that does.

Can't work out why there would be any guilt by association?

Because rightly or wrongly, people associate you with the protest if you wear yellow and black. If the protests carry on into next season and our away kit isn't yellow and black, then this will eliminate the problem.

:rover:

But isn't Paul a critic of Venky's? So, what is wrong with being associated with the protests?

You would need to ask Paul for his personal opinion. There are plenty of people of are critics of Venkys who don't attend the protests - why, you'd need to ask them.

Talking to a Burnley fan who lives at Euxton today who used to occasionally take in a match at Chorley and who reckons that he's given up going now cos 'the grounds full of rovers bostords'.

Your first mistake was talking to him, your second mistake was expecting anything sensible to come out of his gob :D

We'll be there hopefully.

I think it is clear I have been intially concerned by and for many months against our current ownership for a variety of reasons. I haven't been on a protest because my personal circumstances make this very difficult - I was diagnosed as epileptic last summer and can't drive till July '12 plus I always have Tom with me, so I'm very reliant on the generosity of fellow MBers to get to matches. To a large extent I have supported the protests and have in fact given them a very small bit of help in the background. However............

Where I disagree with the protests is taking them to another ground. OK a PL ground would be acceptable but Victory Park is not in my eyes. I fully understand the point behind the North Ferriby game was to support Chorley financially and the same this weekend. Sadly in the eyes of the media this is not how it is seen. Against North Ferriby Sky were around looking for "news" and I made a deliberate decision not to be identifiable as a Rovers fan as I was concerned at what might happen. As it turned out about 30 people were in black and yellow and any though of a protest was quickly dispelled. I went to the North Ferriby game with three other Rovers fans, all against the current regime, we had all reached the same view on "colours" independently. The only time I have heard the protesters criticised was at Victory Park, so perhaps my decision was the right one.

I made the original post qute deliberately because I hope we won't see any black and yellow on Saturday

• Backroom

You raise a fair point, if Saturday is just about Chorley there should be no reason for the yellow and black.

Do Chorley play in blue by the way?

You raise a fair point, if Saturday is just about Chorley there should be no reason for the yellow and black.

Their nickname is the Magpies! :)

In your first sentence you profess to know what is good for chorley and then you totally make a fool of yourself and prove you ain't got a feckin clue about them.

Archived