BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Chorley FC v Stafford Rangers

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The chants you refer to was a personal joke aimed at me, as one of the group members recorded me on his phone when I had been on Karoake in a pub on Friday night, and they was all taking the ****, Its called banter.

The group as a whole has a good laugh when they meet up and we are always in good spirits, what they wear is irrelevant imo

I'm happy to accept all you say but think the above shows how easily any of this can be misinterpreted. On the various MBs there is the opportunity to explain any misunderstanding, there isn't a chance to correct what might appear in the media or the impression others may have gained. I'm afraid though the colour people chose to wear is relevant as it is now associated with the protests. You need to be aware of these things as if no one offers an alternative view people will not consider change. Remember the golden rule - only 1 in 10 people complain.

Interesting points particuarly given your long standing promotion of the Chorley cause.

I think you may be mistaking me for someone else as I can't claim any long association with Chorley FC as I'm probably the worst of fairweather fans. I just wander down on a nice day or on the last two occassions a chance to chat with people I don't see very often.

Its also been interesting to read the changing tone of the protesters as the impact of the protests has reduced and other intiatives have really marginalised them. I worry that this group will now start to alienate people from the cause with thier attitude and behaviour.

That said they have done some great work, are celebrating in the way they like too - I doubt its that different to any away match these days and Chorley Football Club seem happy enough.

I agree with all this and very much acknowledge Rovers cause would not be where it is now without their actions. I simply feel some of it is now heading in a direction I don't enjoy.

Sorry your day wasn't great but they did advertise their arrival well in advance.

Didn't spoil my day and I knew they would be there. I do though feel there is another view to how this is perceived and feel it needs to be expressed.

i wasstood with the stafford fans all afternoon had a great bit of banterwith them even the chrolkey fanswho were stood near us were having a good laugh.

When stafford were singing songs about goign down with the wigan it was harmless banter hence the response was where blackburn rovers well do whatwe want.

AND i have to say top notch support from the mighty stafford rangers <3 haha

Charlie Magpie, next time you're on here, please could you give us a Chorley fan's view of yesterday? It'd be interesting to know if Chorley are just grateful for the extra revenue and if they mind the Rovers contingent being vociferous. I was reminded by a steward looking type on the way out that they play Chester at home soon. Is that likely to be, um, 'lively'? Hope the steward wasn't trying to insinuate anything, as anyone who knows me, knows I'm probably the last person you'd want defending your corner in a bit of 'liveliness'! Leila Ali, I ain't!

I went last season to Chorley V Chester and there was a lot of problems with the fans. There was segregation for a start, the fence was attacked at the kick off. There were pitch invasions, and fights after the game outside. Some photos at the link below. The crowd was well over 3,000 then, compared to yesterdays 1,100 odd.

Chorley v Chester.

185917_10150182986750898_594900897_8639754_452476_n.jpg

The double decker Tyrers coach that parked outside my house yesterday contained Rovers fans going to watch Chorley. I would guess more than half had yellow and black colours, and many had anti Venkys/Kean slogans on. This to me suggests some part of protest Glen.

I really don't mind. If they want to take their protests anywhere why should it worry you? We've already had loads of posts saying "protest away from Ewood------affects the team etc".

Good on them for sticking together and keeping it going imo.

I went last season to Chorley V Chester and there was a lot of problems with the fans. There was segregation for a start, the fence was attacked at the kick off. There were pitch invasions, and fights after the game outside. Some photos at the link below. The crowd was well over 3,000 then, compared to yesterdays 1,100 odd.

Chorley v Chester.

185917_10150182986750898_594900897_8639754_452476_n.jpg

Well then for that match in particular, I'm with Paul in suggesting that it might not be such a good idea to wear the 100% Rovers yellow shirts. It's just that even the most fantastic, lovely person in the world has their snapping point if wound up to extremes by malevolent Chester fans. And if said fan happens to be photographed whilst in 'snapping' mode and this photo finds its way into a smug tabloid editor's hands, he/she'd have a field day laying into the Rovers protesters. Particularly given that Premiership fans' behaviour is such a hot topic at the mo.

I really don't mind. If they want to take their protests anywhere why should it worry you?

It doesn't worry me-It was merely an observation based on Glen Mulans post that it was not a protest. The coach load of fans that turned up had a lot of people wearing clothes that were of a protesting nature, hence my post.

Charlie Magpie, next time you're on here, please could you give us a Chorley fan's view of yesterday? It'd be interesting to know if Chorley are just grateful for the extra revenue and if they mind the Rovers contingent being vociferous. I was reminded by a steward looking type on the way out that they play Chester at home soon. Is that likely to be, um, 'lively'? Hope the steward wasn't trying to insinuate anything, as anyone who knows me, knows I'm probably the last person you'd want defending your corner in a bit of 'liveliness'! Leila Ali, I ain't!

From my point of view, and the point of view of all regular Chorley supporters, we are delighted to welcome fans of Blackburn Rovers to our home games at Victory Park. Yesterday we had another attendance of over 1,000, which is not only great for the club financially, but it generates a much better atmosphere in the ground. I have to admit that we Chorley supporters are not the best of singers so it was great to have the support from Rovers fans, and it was also great that our opponents, Stafford Rangers, had a 'singing' contingent behind the goal.

I spoke to a few Stafford supporters after the game and they said that they had really enjoyed the friendly banter with the Rovers fans in the first half, and that the atmosphere at the game was one of the best they have experienced all season. I would encourage Rovers fans to keep up the vocal support and enjoy the sense of togetherness at Victory Park. The wearing of the distinctive yellow and black adds colour to the occasion as did the many blue and white Rovers shirts that were in evidence on Saturday. A few seasons ago some of our players would normally be playing in front of crowds of about 150 and there would be no singing on the ground. They absolutely love the vocal support they are getting at the moment and they say that it helps them to raise their game.

We are trying to generate a family atmosphere at Victory Park and we currently have about 250 youngsters signed up as Junior Magpies. The majority of supporters respect the presence of children and moderate their language accordingly. On the odd occasion we have had to ask spectators to refrain from 'over the top' language and the response has usually been "Woops, sorry mate!"

Despite our current financial problems, Chorley FC is in a happy place at the moment - challenging for a place in the play-offs, fantastic home crowds and lots of supporters really enjoying Saturday afternoons. If we win promotion then great, new challenges ahead! If we don't win promotion then we will double our efforts both on and off the field and look forward to lots more exciting and entertaining matches against old rivals.

Next Saturday we will welcome league-leaders Chester to our ground. They are a very good side and probably favourites to win, but we will have a good go at them!! I know quite a few Chester fans and they are great blokes. Sadly last year's game was ruined by a small minority of idiots, most of whom we have never seen at Victory Park before. It will be a great game and I am sure the atmosphere in the ground will be electric. Unfortunately the kick-off time has been brought forward to 1:00pm and it will be all-ticket. A shame that many genuine football fans will miss this game. If we can 'educate' the idiots and make them enjoy football for all the right reasons, then ultimately we will all be winners!!

I know that quite a few Rovers fans are coming to the Chester game. If you are then please sing your hearts out for the Magpies and let's hope we can enjoy a great game, friendly banter with the Chester fans and a victory, both on and off the pitch for Chorley FC!!

Our thoughts will also be with the Rovers playing at Arsenal, let's hope for another unexpected result!!

It doesn't worry me-It was merely an observation based on Glen Mulans post that it was not a protest. The coach load of fans that turned up had a lot of people wearing clothes that were of a protesting nature, hence my post.

Well, it does seem like a protest Glen.............In which case keep on keeping on!

From my point of view, and the point of view of all regular Chorley supporters, we are delighted to welcome fans of Blackburn Rovers to our home games at Victory Park. Yesterday we had another attendance of over 1,000, which is not only great for the club financially, but it generates a much better atmosphere in the ground. I have to admit that we Chorley supporters are not the best of singers so it was great to have the support from Rovers fans, and it was also great that our opponents, Stafford Rangers, had a 'singing' contingent behind the goal.

I spoke to a few Stafford supporters after the game and they said that they had really enjoyed the friendly banter with the Rovers fans in the first half, and that the atmosphere at the game was one of the best they have experienced all season. I would encourage Rovers fans to keep up the vocal support and enjoy the sense of togetherness at Victory Park. The wearing of the distinctive yellow and black adds colour to the occasion as did the many blue and white Rovers shirts that were in evidence on Saturday. A few seasons ago some of our players would normally be playing in front of crowds of about 150 and there would be no singing on the ground. They absolutely love the vocal support they are getting at the moment and they say that it helps them to raise their game.

We are trying to generate a family atmosphere at Victory Park and we currently have about 250 youngsters signed up as Junior Magpies. The majority of supporters respect the presence of children and moderate their language accordingly. On the odd occasion we have had to ask spectators to refrain from 'over the top' language and the response has usually been "Woops, sorry mate!"

Despite our current financial problems, Chorley FC is in a happy place at the moment - challenging for a place in the play-offs, fantastic home crowds and lots of supporters really enjoying Saturday afternoons. If we win promotion then great, new challenges ahead! If we don't win promotion then we will double our efforts both on and off the field and look forward to lots more exciting and entertaining matches against old rivals.

Next Saturday we will welcome league-leaders Chester to our ground. They are a very good side and probably favourites to win, but we will have a good go at them!! I know quite a few Chester fans and they are great blokes. Sadly last year's game was ruined by a small minority of idiots, most of whom we have never seen at Victory Park before. It will be a great game and I am sure the atmosphere in the ground will be electric. Unfortunately the kick-off time has been brought forward to 1:00pm and it will be all-ticket. A shame that many genuine football fans will miss this game. If we can 'educate' the idiots and make them enjoy football for all the right reasons, then ultimately we will all be winners!!

I know that quite a few Rovers fans are coming to the Chester game. If you are then please sing your hearts out for the Magpies and let's hope we can enjoy a great game, friendly banter with the Chester fans and a victory, both on and off the pitch for Chorley FC!!

Our thoughts will also be with the Rovers playing at Arsenal, let's hope for another unexpected result!!

As a Chorley fan, I echo the comments above. I am not aware of any Chorley fan that has criticised the Rovers fans, in fact quite the opposite.Fans are very appreciative of the extra revenue in our current financial position. A Stafford fan has posted on our forum that he enjoyed the banter with the Rovers fans. I certainly haven't felt threatened by any of the Rovers fans and I can't understand the previous post on here. They join in our songs and we join in theirs. I have no issue if they sing anti-Venky's songs; as a passionate football fan I can see that the Venky's are not good for football.Please keep coming to future games and sing what you want!! I hope we can return the favour to you at some time in the future. Finally,I can honestly say that Saturday was the first match I have been to that was attended by a Magpie, a Chicken and Darth Vader!!!!!!!!

As a Chorley fan for over 35 years, i'd just like to echo the sentiments of Charlie Magpie and appreciate the extra revenue that Rovers fans have brought into Victory Park this season.

I hope you've liked what is on offer at Chorley - a great little ground, with good facilities (for our level) and a family-friendly atmosphere.

Any supporter from another club within our catchment area will always be made welcome as long as they abide by the ground regulations.

Hope to see some of you again soon!

Opto.

I think the comments from the Chorley fans say it all. It was a great day out, good friendly banter which created a good atmosphere.

Their next game when Rovers have a free weekend is 18th Feb v Matlock so whether it be blue & white or yellow & black get yourselves down there!

• 2 weeks later...

If he paid to go in, he helped. What's your problem?

His money will have helped, no doubt.

I was under the impression that attending Chorley was for that reason only - looking at this picture and the coach image made me think differently.

Just sayin...............

Archived