BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

It's a sad, sad day when the idiots seem to prevail and deny such an occasion for the more sensible ones.

Eh? Who's being denied anything?

Don't believe the hype. Drive there or get the train to Manchester Road then stroll down to the cricket club, have a pint and watch what should be a good game.

All this over-excited crap on the internet is exactly that.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time burnley took more than 3k away from their hovel ?

the Rovers away game was the biggest they have had since they last visited Ewood. This season their away support has been poor at best so they have something to shout about. In any case its a family affair for them, the 6800 all come from the same family :rolleyes:

Last Thursday.

In any case its a family affair for them, the 6800 all come from the same family

No new material yet?

Interestingly, I'm fairly sure Blackburn would have a far higher rate of marriages and indeed children born to first cousins.. or worse. Perhaps the highest in the UK. Or maybe 2nd, behind Bradford.

Inbreeding, indeed.

Eh? Who's being denied anything?

Don't believe the hype. Drive there or get the train to Manchester Road then stroll down to the cricket club, have a pint and watch what should be a good game.

All this over-excited crap on the internet is exactly that.

samdingle. anyone using trouble is just making an excuse, as to why theyre not going.

Im going. driving. Burnley fans parked on CARPARK B on thursday.. fans mixed together with banter.

Sure theyll be a few idiots milling about, But those not going are staying away either because they think it is on TV or cant be bothered!

The fact it starts at 7 is the biggest issue for me, and I assume many others due to the small matter of work. Serves me right for using all my holidays up or I'd cash half a day in.

Saying that I'll still probably go it'll just be a big rush job.

samdingle. anyone using trouble is just making an excuse, as to why theyre not going.

Im going. driving. Burnley fans parked on CARPARK B on thursday.. fans mixed together with banter.

Sure theyll be a few idiots milling about, But those not going are staying away either because they think it is on TV or cant be bothered!

Absolutely mate. For crying out loud, you'd think that anyone from Burnley was at least 6 ft and looked like Magnus Von Magnussen.....they're only the same as us! The vast majority are just people who want to go to a game of football just like us. It's all just hype created partly by them and partly people's imaginations. Try going to Krakow or Feyenoord!

Get a bloody ticket, either go on the coach, drive or the train, support your team and come home.

I've worked in Burnley for a number of years, and Longsiders is quite right - I wouldn't go in any of the Pubs "under t'Culvert" at any time of the day, never mind a Match day!

Been in them all several times, over hyped :tu: no different than going in the Aqueduct or Brown Cow.

Didn't stop Burnley bringing well over 3,000 to Ewood.

Burnleys cup final, to beat the youth side is a major victory for them after 30yrs of hurt, let them get excited about brining 3000 for a youth cup match, we have bigger fish to fry.

Hope the people expecting a similar mixing of fans to what happened at Ewood know what they're talking about. Cause I suspect the troglodyte section of the Burnley support thought that was a "result" and therefore not one they fancy letting us even up the score on. Personally there's no way I'd go anywhere near any of their pubs expecting a friendly welcome.

Having said that there's no danger with the official travel so I agree people not going for safety reasons are being a bit soft. Although there was nothing soft about the Rovers fans at the 1st leg so more likely they just can't be bothered. Shame for the players and probably be something of an embarassment if we can't even make 1,000. But Brenda could be talking garbage and regardless I'm sure those going will have a good time and do some singing.

Possibly going to be more on the Turf than at Ewood,they are having to open the Longside upper!

ONLY COME TO SEE THE ROVERS! :P

Nope, we've come to see our youth team, with the added spice of Rovers of course ;)

What does that tell you?

This is their cup final! :lol:

Nope - it's a semi final, didn't you know that?

the Rovers away game was the biggest they have had since they last visited Ewood. This season their away support has been poor at best so they have something to shout about. In any case its a family affair for them, the 6800 all come from the same family :rolleyes:

I honestly have no idea what our away support has been this year - nor indeed what yours has been. I doubt there will be a huge difference, most clubs don't get massive away followings these days.

You still have 2 days of sales to go, I would be surprised if you didn't bring 3000 at least - would be a little embarrassing if you didn't.

It was a youth game last week as well and you had over 6000 there?

One big attendance at Bolton, in that there Premier League, and that is what you base it on? Not sure how many you normally take to Bolton but with it being a relegation '6 pointer' against local rivals I'd expect you to take a big number.

But hey, it matters not one jot to me how many go, how many went to yours or indeed how many Burnley fans turn up on Wednesday. it's a great achievement by both sets of lads and I want them to know it. That's why I'm glad a lot went to your gaff and why I hope we have a decent home gate for this one. Whether Rovers fans can be bothered to turn out is neither here nor there for me.

We shall see. You are clearly confident in the Rovers cloggers, me? well the first game was a close affair, I would have thought this one would be similar but being football you just never know.

rovers were missing their best player (robbie cotton). If he plays it might not be that close ;)

I honestly have no idea what our away support has been this year - nor indeed what yours has been. I doubt there will be a huge difference, most clubs don't get massive away followings these days.

IIRC last year we sold out all our allocation at all the London away games. Given the price of the tickets (and having Venkys/Kean at the club) that's decent support for a small club like Rovers.

All the more reason for Rovers fans to turn out in force then - though as its your first time playing away from home in this years cup you just never know :)

I agree. we should be out in force.

I believe burnley season ticket holders dont get free entry tomorrow night,

and have already sold out the jimmy mc lower, longside lower, and the whole of bob lord. how manys that about 11,000 ?

Newcastle in the last round??

Yep sorry, missed that one when I was looking at the fixtures.

I agree. we should be out in force.

I believe burnley season ticket holders dont get free entry tomorrow night,

and have already sold out the jimmy mc lower, longside lower, and the whole of bob lord. how manys that about 11,000 ?

Not true, they do get a free ticket - pretty much same ticket arrangements as the first leg. Not sure how many the lower tiers hold but I don't think it is 11000. I've not heard how many have been sold so far but I'll be very very surprised if it is that many. We might get a few more home fans than you did, not sure. Be surprised if we hit 8000 though.

It's about price and I suppose going to watch an even contest.

Wolves we sold out, Wigan we took 4000, Bolton 5000.

Man City/United/Lpool at £38, live on the tele- 400.

Our season in the Prem we took 4600 to Bolton on a Tuesday evening, 3500 to Wigan, not sure on Wolves but I seem to remember it was low, maybe 1100 (and possibly televised?). We took about 3000 to Liverpool. Main factor is quality of opposition and distance - to some extent the even contest thing isn't a factor when it's your one season in the sun.

This season I think the average is around 1100 - less for the more distant games etc. Cost is a big factor, average prices for a level down are near £30.00 - and the quality of the opposition makes a huge difference as well.

Archived