BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair at least Longsiders still comes on here after the games...

Lose, lose or lose.

:lol:

I don't mind Longsider, he's reasonably articulate and his comments are usually well thoughtout. I must say he picks his times though, usually when Burnley are having a bit of success.

Anybody know what our team was tonight?

Alright boys, just got back.

Some thoughts on the game. Firstly, Jesus you've some big lads.

Overall I enjoyed the game and don't think the scoreline flatters your team. In terms of your players I've got to asses them in 2 halves because where I was sat it was hard to see what was happening at the goal near your fans. Your number 7 and 8 looked good, strong, fast, powerful and direct, could maybe do with some shooting practice though. In the second half as I suspected your 2 monsters in central defence were excellent, hardly allowed our lads a sniff. Your number 4 is a huge lad and also looked a decent player, certainly caused concerns on set pieces.

Overall you were powerful and fast, fairly direct. We did well all things considered. You settled a lot quicker than us in the first 15 minutes but it was more even after that. For about 5 minutes after the second goal we seemed to go to pieces and you looked like getting a third but we rallied and carried on trying to play the way they've clearly been taught. Was pleased we got the goal, think the lads deserved at least that.

A word for your fans, who were excellent and vocal all night. The home fans were pretty poor all night, which is representative of how it is at home games a lot of the time these days.

Good luck in the final.

1332966472[/url]' post='1239500']

I don't mind Longsider, he's reasonably articulate and his comments are usually well thoughtout. I must say he picks his times though, usually when Burnley are having a bit of success.

Anybody know what our team was tonight?

Not really Tyrone, I try to come on when there's a reason to, occasionally just to shoot the breeze but be fair, week to week I've not got much to discuss with rovers fans as a rule - and you'd wonder what the hell I was hanging around for :)

Overall I enjoyed the game and don't think the scoreline flatters your team. In terms of your players I've got to asses them in 2 halves because where I was sat it was hard to see what was happening at the goal near your fans. Your number 7 and 8 looked good, strong, fast, powerful and direct, could maybe do with some shooting practice though. In the second half as I suspected your 2 monsters in central defence were excellent, hardly allowed our lads a sniff. Your number 4 is a huge lad and also looked a decent player, certainly caused concerns on set pieces.

Overall you were powerful and fast, fairly direct. We did well all things considered. You settled a lot quicker than us in the first 15 minutes but it was more even after that. For about 5 minutes after the second goal we seemed to go to pieces and you looked like getting a third but we rallied and carried on trying to play the way they've clearly been taught. Was pleased we got the goal, think the lads deserved at least that.

A word for your fans, who were excellent and vocal all night. The home fans were pretty poor all night, which is representative of how it is at home games a lot of the time these days.

Good luck in the final.

Cheers for that longsiders1988, a big well done must go to Terry Pashleys and his boys for getting so far in this competition.

Some thoughts on the game. Firstly, Jesus you've some big lads..

Fair play to you, Longsiders. Fair and honest as always.

I thought exactly the same in the first game. Even before the game I said it looked like men against boys - for that reason. To be fair, it didn't really end up that way, and it was pretty nervy.

Good luck with... continuing to support Bumley! :P

Good luck in the final.

Not really Tyrone, I try to come on when there's a reason to, occasionally just to shoot the breeze but be fair, week to week I've not got much to discuss with rovers fans as a rule - and you'd wonder what the hell I was hanging around for :)

Londsiders - fair play to you. It's what football and local rivalry should be all about.

Good luck in the final.

That summary`s about right.

You can be proud of your boys Longsiders,to get to the semi`s when you are competing against academy sides is quite an achievement. :tu:

I must admit though i was surprised your lot didn`t give us a bit of a verbal going over,I was a bit disappointed really :huh:

Well done to the boys tonight for the result, and well done for reaching the final and continuing our tradition 'Same old Blackburn, beating Burnley'.

How many were on tonight? 30,000 with 20,000 more who couldnt get in? Anyone know how many we took?? GUTTED I couldnt go!

Also credit to Longsider for coming on here after....sounds a fair assessment.

Less of Burnley love in FFS

Same old same old, Burnley fans talking a good game but neither the side or the support actually turned up.

Once again dominated in all departments by a wounded Blackburn Rovers.

Just back, much improved performance from the team. Deserved the win, played some good football and didn't really give Burnley a chance on goal. Wasn't anyone really outstanding although our no 8 played well in both games. Thought heir penalty was harsh, but was at other end from me and couldn't really tell. In fairness they deserved a goal over the two legs but thought 1-2 flattered them.

Their no2 is a decent prospect, although should have got a red in the last few minutes for a very nasty challenge.

Great support from the Rovers end, hardly heard a song at all from Burnley. The lads looked delighted.

Anyone know when the final is?

Burnley fans trying to cause trouble... waiting at Manc Road station for Rovers fans. Saw lots of scraps outside... hope everyone gets home safe! Great win and Rovers fans were superb.

Archived