BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

1332968347[/url]' post='1239516']

Just back, much improved performance from the team. Deserved the win, played some good football and didn't really give Burnley a chance on goal. Wasn't anyone really outstanding although our no 8 played well in both games. Thought heir penalty was harsh, but was at other end from me and couldn't really tell. In fairness they deserved a goal over the two legs but thought 1-2 flattered them.

Their no2 is a decent prospect, although should have got a red in the last few minutes for a very nasty challenge.

Great support from the Rovers end, hardly heard a song at all from Burnley. The lads looked delighted.

Anyone know when the final is?

Penalty wasn't harsh, I was right next to it, your player didn't even argue.

Agree on that foul at the end though, was bit disgusted with the cheering and applause for it too.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That summary`s about right.

You can be proud of your boys Longsiders,to get to the semi`s when you are competing against academy sides is quite an achievement. :tu:

I must admit though i was surprised your lot didn`t give us a bit of a verbal going over,I was a bit disappointed really :huh:

Just got back. fantastic night.

our fans were superb. never stopped singing.

Fernandes was quality, osawe was great on the wing, left back beesley was outstanding, hanley was brilliant, edwards put in a real captains performance and o'sullivan ran the game from midfield.

fair play to longsider for wishing us well, though I cant bring myself to praise burnley! :P

Longsider seems a decent fella and tonight might have made him see the light.. and become a rover! :rover:

excited for the future can see those named above making it.

Burnley fans trying to cause trouble... waiting at Manc Road station for Rovers fans. Saw lots of scraps outside... hope everyone gets home safe! Great win and Rovers fans were superb.

I'd echo that.

it's youth football FFS! :angry2:

I didn't go tonight but went to the first leg where I thought both teams played well and looked good.

It will be interesting to watch and see who from both squads makes it to a good professional level.

The radio commentary mentioned that it was a hard-fought game with robust tackles but no theatricals and played in a sporting manner.

Good!

There was no team sheet at Ewood. Was there one at Turf Moor? If so, perhaps someone can post it onto this website so I can copy it for my future reference.

Was a programme but only had squads on it, no team numbers.

They did put it up on big screen, but I can't see that far!

Longsider, fair enough on penalty like I say was other end of pitch, did hit his arm but it didn't look delibberate to me, but I can't disagree if you were close to incident.

Hope that the fans who went to these 2 games also turn up for the final.

As for violence, pretty sad but predictable - there are some idiots around. Most derby rivalries are about getting one over and bragging rights, unfortunately the Rovers Burnley derby appears to be much more about hatred and less about football.

:lol:

Me and a couple of guys tried to start some venky's out chants tonight, no response. :huh: have people forgiven them now ?

You'd have invited more ridicule from the Burnley fans if you'd have got that one going.

Good win just back after a light ale in Burnley. Would be better if knew their names but thought our big number 4 ran the show and few of those lads (the quicker centre half, quick black lad on the wing) could defo play in early rounds of league cup next season.

Have to say in both legs I was very disappointed with the vocal support from Burnley fans they dwindled very very quickly at ewood and were non existent tonight. No point in bringing decent numbers if none of them cheer on their team. Its almost like from experience they know what’s coming and have given up from the start.

Glad I went tonight.

First leg, to be honest I was disappointed. Too much long ball and I thought the overall quality was quite poor. I didn't see anything to get excited about.

Tonight I was very impressed. Much too far away to pick out individuals [i'll leave posters who have seen far more of these lads than I have to have their say on this] , but as a team I didn't see any weakness - and that's unusual at this level. All the rovers players did themselves proud. They were quick, strong and not without ability. Rovers totally deserved their victory, as I'm sure Longsiders would agree. 1-2 could have been 1-3 or 1-4.

As for Burnley, they can be proud of what their lads have done. They are up against it when they're pitted against well founded and well funded, academy sides. But they always tried to play footbball, even when they fell behind and did well, so all credit to them, they deserve some praise.

So, like I said, I really was impressed. I think, judging by this one performance, that it might be the best all-round squad I've seen at Ewood. However, and this is the main point, in the past I've seen individuals that have really stood head and shoulders above the rest. Duff and Jonty were two of those. Where this takes the players as individuals, we'll have to wait and see.

Good win just back after a light ale in Burnley. Would be better if knew their names but thought our big number 4 ran the show and few of those lads (the quicker centre half, quick black lad on the wing) could defo play in early rounds of league cup next season.

The only thing I would say, is that as long as I've been watching youth football the central defenders always stand out. That's probably because they are all big lads, can head a ball, can get the better physically of the opposition and are quite reasonable with their distribution. It's a whole different ball game though when they have to compete with some of the world class strikers in the PL. Youth football is a million miles from that standard.

Why the heck aren't the Rovers wearing blue and white halves.........?

I was just about to ask the same question. I cannot stand the sight of those disgraceful yellow/black rags. Without a shadow of doubt the worst away strip ever in my time as a Rovers fan. YUCK!!!

Why wear those abhorrances when there is absolutely no clash of colours??

Anyway as far as the match is concerned........Well done to the young lads of both sides, and lets hope that both clubs can keep and develop these kids further and get the benefit in years to come.

Oh yes and well done also to Longsider....He reminds me of the time when Rovers and Burnley fans all stood anywhere they liked on the ground and we could all exchange good natured banter without there ever being the slightest risk of any violent behaviour.

I was just about to ask the same question. I cannot stand the sight of those disgraceful yellow/black rags. Without a shadow of doubt the worst away strip ever in my time as a Rovers fan. YUCK!!!

Why wear those abhorrances when there is absolutely no clash of colours??

Does it not relate to us both wearing white shorts in regards to our home strips and not having a third kit to mix and match with? This is a question rather than an answer as I've always known us to both wear home shirts home and away.

Does it not relate to us both wearing white shorts in regards to our home strips and not having a third kit to mix and match with? This is a question rather than an answer as I've always known us to both wear home shirts home and away.

No it can't be for that reason as both teams have played in their normal first choice colours many times in the past (including white shorts on both teams). In fact I cannot ever remember seeing either Rovers or Burnley ever change out of their normal first choice kit at either venue. And I am thinking back over 65 years.Although I did miss a couple of the meetings at Turf Moor in the late 50's/early60's.

6879022702_5e86ae869d.jpg

Celebration #1

Great pictures! But the first does not quite do their celebration justice. To a man the team all came over to the fans to celebrate, with such excitement and vigor that they toppled the advertisement hording onto a panicked photographer!

Yes, great performance, marked improvement on the first leg.

:rover: i,m at the other side of the world and i have a tear in my eye as i write this,i,m so bloody proud of these boys.whatever the venksters do they cannot rip the heart out of our great club.SO PROUD IM GOING TO CELEBRATE AND IT,S NOT 8AM YET,JACK AND RONNIE WILL BE SMILING ON THESE BOYS.WELL DONE :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

:rover: i,m at the other side of the world and i have a tear in my eye as i write this,i,m so bloody proud of these boys.whatever the venksters do they cannot rip the heart out of our great club.SO PROUD IM GOING TO CELEBRATE AND IT,S NOT 8AM YET,JACK AND RONNIE WILL BE SMILING ON THESE BOYS.WELL DONE :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

:tu:

Less of Burnley love in FFS

Same old same old, Burnley fans talking a good game but neither the side or the support actually turned up.

Once again dominated in all departments by a wounded Blackburn Rovers.

:rover: THANK GOD A SANE VOICE :blush::brfcsmilie:

No it can't be for that reason as both teams have played in their normal first choice colours many times in the past (including white shorts on both teams). In fact I cannot ever remember seeing either Rovers or Burnley ever change out of their normal first choice kit at either venue. And I am thinking back over 65 years.Although I did miss a couple of the meetings at Turf Moor in the late 50's/early60's.

Dingles deffo played in Yellow in at least one game at Ewood in the 70's. Other than that though you are right but I don't know what it is with this yellow, we've played in it away to teams in Red ffs

Archived