BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

Roversmum is spot on and I believe it would be disastrous if the owners don't support these plans. Should we survive, this will be key in not only providing us with great long-term stability but will give us opportunities to become self-sustainable off the fiels and competitive on it.

Didn't Kamy suggest that Venkys are considering a £2m investment in the Academy in order to achieve Category 1 status?

.....and wouldn't that suggest that they are here for the long run?

:(

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Kamy suggest that Venkys are considering a £2m investment in the Academy in order to achieve Category 1 status?

They also suggested beckham , ronny , riquelme , marque signings , maradonna , spending quote what it takes unquote etc

I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of their horrible lying cake holes!

I think I'd rather they buggered off to be honest.

So would I but if they put the money into the Academy at least there would be some semblence of forward planning there. Same goes for any prospective purchaser. Without investing in either the youth or the first team we'll be screwed eventually, whoever owns us.

Unfortunately, it will take a good deal more than £2m for the Academy to gain Category 1 status.

Chicken feed if you'll pardon the phrase.

Unfortunately, it will take a good deal more than £2m for the Academy to gain Category 1 status.

We can 'get by' with about £3.5million as I understand it. We do have a lot of the necessary requirements already in place. However, in my personal opinion, we should not be going for the cheaper option. If I were the Academy Manager and the cheaper option were mooted, I'd be off. I wouldn't feel appreciated and would take my talents elsewhere.

Having said that, sums need to be spent in all areas of the Academy and Senior Training Centre. Work on the pitches and the infrastructure on both sites is costly but necessary and would stand us in good stead for years to come.

And I've not even started on Ewood Park yet...

Chicken feed if you'll pardon the phrase.

We can 'get by' with about £3.5million as I understand it. We do have a lot of the necessary requirements already in place. However, in my personal opinion, we should not be going for the cheaper option. If I were the Academy Manager and the cheaper option were mooted, I'd be off. I wouldn't feel appreciated and would take my talents elsewhere.

Having said that, sums need to be spent in all areas of the Academy and Senior Training Centre. Work on the pitches and the infrastructure on both sites is costly but necessary and would stand us in good stead for years to come.

And I've not even started on Ewood Park yet...

Do you think this will happen under Venkys?

Well it certainly wouldn't under the Trust.

To be fair, a lot of the work is, as I've said, to do with the pitches and infrastructure. Some of it needs to be done fairly immediately, some could be phased. However, if the intention is to bring talented youngsters in it would be a safer bet to get the lot done as soon as possible as far as I can see.

As I've said, if the owners are serious in their intentions they will do their utmost to ensure that our Academy status is not endangered and at the same time look at issues needing attention in relation to the Senior Training Centre.

Serious in the intentions they relayed to you and the Pune9?

It may be that their intentions have changed since then...

Nice swipe at the Trust in response to a Venkys question though. They may not have been perfect, and they may not have loved the club like Jack, but they still gave us some very good times during their time at the club. In stark contrast to the current incumbents. The worst thing the Trust did was ask Anderson to find new buyers.

And he gave them more than option !

But the ones he was apparently already working for to find a club were the ones that ended up buying.

Odd that.

Plus the others were a (now proven) conman and someone who didn't have any money and allegedly solicited Venkys with his get-rich-quick scheme.

All fine 'n' dandy this talk of Youth team investment in Blackburn but all I have heard of late is talk of promoting Indian youth teams!

Now this is not racist but an honest observation, Blacks, ie African, West Indian etc are natural atheletes, great co-ordination but the Indian and Pakistani atheletes run quite awkwardly with very little cohesian, as I say, it is my observation, maybe the Indian lads who have been brought up to our culture may be better but I think it will be at least a decade before we would see an Indian player anywhere near first team standard from an Indian academy, I may be wrong but those are my views.

Now this is not racist but an honest observation, Blacks, ie African, West Indian etc are natural atheletes, great co-ordination but the Indian and Pakistani atheletes run quite awkwardly with very little cohesian, as I say, it is my observation, maybe the Indian lads who have been brought up to our culture may be better but I think it will be at least a decade before we would see an Indian player anywhere near first team standard from an Indian academy, I may be wrong but those are my views.

Er things have changed at rovers these days. It does not matter if you can play football or not. Myles Anderson for example.

Back to the young lads, Christopher Dilo, young French goalie, seen this lad twice and must say hes impressed me more than anyone in the two games ive seen. Anyone have any opinions on this young goalie.

Well it certainly wouldn't under the Trust.

To be fair, a lot of the work is, as I've said, to do with the pitches and infrastructure. Some of it needs to be done fairly immediately, some could be phased. However, if the intention is to bring talented youngsters in it would be a safer bet to get the lot done as soon as possible as far as I can see.

As I've said, if the owners are serious in their intentions they will do their utmost to ensure that our Academy status is not endangered and at the same time look at issues needing attention in relation to the Senior Training Centre.

Yeah they're serious in their intentions alright. They've nearly achieved their objective now.

JA acted on behalf of the buyer and the seller....

And that in any other profession but Football Agencies would be seen as a definite conflict of interests and be illegal. Now I wonder why it isn't so in Football??

Back to the young lads, Christopher Dilo, young French goalie, seen this lad twice and must say hes impressed me more than anyone in the two games ive seen. Anyone have any opinions on this young goalie.

I've seen him a few times also and he scares me! Doesnt look assured and fills me with little confidence most of the time

Haven"t seen a theory like this in years. Don"t remember Wasim Akram looking that awkward as he was steaming in to demolish England"s top order batting.

Might be more to do with sport culture than natural selection IMO.

Haven"t seen a theory like this in years. Don"t remember Wasim Akram looking that awkward as he was steaming in to demolish England"s top order batting.

Might be more to do with sport culture than natural selection IMO.

Very odd exceptions to the rule, Maden Lal, Kapil Dev and Safaraz Nawaz ran very stiff legged, great cricketers but no cohesion of movement, I say this as a player who has played against them too, really nice people, though cant remember an Indian or Pakistani sprinter/hurdler or the like cutting it in the Olympics, I may be wrong though.

Archived