BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

Dingles deffo played in Yellow in at least one game at Ewood in the 70's. Other than that though you are right but I don't know what it is with this yellow, we've played in it away to teams in Red ffs

I seem to remember a horrible 2-1 defeat at t'turd in '79 when we played in yellow and blue.

It is a shame that these lads didn't get to play in the halves. If Kenny Dalglish insisted that the players climb the Wembley steps in blue and white then the current powers that be should show the same deference to our heritage in a fixture that means so much.

That aside, fantastic effort from the lads! A bright light in the gloom, really well done!!

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I would say, is that as long as I've been watching youth football the central defenders always stand out. That's probably because they are all big lads, can head a ball, can get the better physically of the opposition and are quite reasonable with their distribution. It's a whole different ball game though when they have to compete with some of the world class strikers in the PL. Youth football is a million miles from that standard.

Except a year or two ago when our two centre backs were Jones and Hanley they haven't done too badly

Note to police...driving all buses to nelson to find theyd shut motorway anyway isn't the quickest way home!!

What a farce that was! Felt like we were on a never ending tour of Royston Vasey! Terrible organisation and really no need for it.

It is a shame that these lads didn't get to play in the halves. If Kenny Dalglish insisted that the players climb the Wembley steps in blue and white then the current powers that be should show the same deference to our heritage in a fixture that means so much.

That aside, fantastic effort from the lads! A bright light in the gloom, really well done!!

I thought that was Jacks doing? Either way, quite right.

Well done to the lads. Great result. The lad Edwards reminds me of Phil Jones (not that I'm encouraging Venkys to stick around or anything).

great night last night, atmosphere (from us) was awesome. Got some good videos of us singing. Someone mentioned about the kit, I do not like the away kit at all but I LOVE the home kit. The home kit this season is the best we have had since the old perspex kit. I hope we keep the style of the home kit for the next few seasons. I would think our home kit is right up there as being one of the best in the league, if not, world. Anyone else agree with me?

That written by a Dingle? Their support was appalling while we sang non-stop all game. Took at least 1,500 as well so wasn't as bad as originally feared. The atmosphere from the Rovers fans has been incredible over the 2 legs, I can't even remember it being that good/enjoyable in the league games.

As for the game itself, well I was confident from the start. I think even in the 1st leg we were significantly better than them and there was undue worry because of only 1 goal advantage. But we thoroughly deserved to win last night, the 2 centre halves and 2 front lads were awesome. Tell ya what I could get used to watching this level, hope a few turn up for the final.

That written by a Dingle? Their support was appalling while we sang non-stop all game. Took at least 1,500 as well so wasn't as bad as originally feared. The atmosphere from the Rovers fans has been incredible over the 2 legs, I can't even remember it being that good/enjoyable in the league games.

As for the game itself, well I was confident from the start. I think even in the 1st leg we were significantly better than them and there was undue worry because of only 1 goal advantage. But we thoroughly deserved to win last night, the 2 centre halves and 2 front lads were awesome. Tell ya what I could get used to watching this level, hope a few turn up for the final.

The atmosphere created by Rovers fans is always fantastic against those lot (what's happenned to the Dingle support, by the way?), but you can't really enjoy the league matches until the final whistle!

Fantastic result. Gave a lad at work a dig about how atrocious their fans were and cue excuses the best of which was how tickets sold. ????. Clutching at straws there to say never actually heard a song from burnley in all the years played them other than bon-leh bon-leh bon-leh. Oh and although we won apparently Burnley players take the moral victory. Gotta give it to the Dingles they are comedy gold.

great night last night, atmosphere (from us) was awesome. Got some good videos of us singing. Someone mentioned about the kit, I do not like the away kit at all but I LOVE the home kit. The home kit this season is the best we have had since the old perspex kit. I hope we keep the style of the home kit for the next few seasons. I would think our home kit is right up there as being one of the best in the league, if not, world. Anyone else agree with me?

I’d agree with our home kit in general its very distinctive and recognisable not just a generic colour or boring combo of stripes and if wearing one everyone knows who you support. That said I hate the current first team kit (may sound a bit like an anorak here) but we are the blue and white halves reversed. Anything other than that, as nice as it may be, just isn’t out kit. Which current one isn’t with the colours going right round.

Glad I went tonight.

Rovers totally deserved their victory, as I'm sure Longsiders would agree. 1-2 could have been 1-3 or 1-4.

As for Burnley, they can be proud of what their lads have done. They are up against it when they're pitted against well founded and well funded, academy sides. But they always tried to play footbball, even when they fell behind and did well, so all credit to them, they deserve some praise.

I think 3-1, not sure on 4-1 but definitely deserved the victory. Be careful mentioning money - whenever I do some on here get very sniffy

Why the heck aren't the Rovers wearing blue and white halves.........?

We wore our away strip at your gaff and I wondered why - must be some sort of clash, probably the shorts.

Took at least 1,500 as well so wasn't as bad as originally feared. The atmosphere from the Rovers fans has been incredible over the 2 legs, I can't even remember it being that good/enjoyable in the league games.

I did see the official figure but can't find it right now - think it was 1154 or thereabouts, 10570ish in total in the ground. Rovers fans were excellent last night.

Give over, seems about as accurate a summary as you'll find

"in spite of the unremitting noise bellowing out from the stands" - 1 stand

"A vociferous home crowd" - good god

"the crowd becoming increasingly clamorous with every half-chance that went amiss" - again, nope

I'm not just saying this to wind you up, that was one of the quietest atmospheres from a home crowd that I've ever witnessed. If you read that article you'd think it was the Roman Colloseum.

• Moderation Lead

apparently our fans were "disgusting". Well i was there and we were beautiful.

Aye, Brendan Flood was talking smack on twitter about that, which Andy Cryer re-tweeted.

Sure Flood just forgot about Burnley's years of 'who's that lying in the coffin' chants.....

Aye, Brendan Flood was talking smack on twitter about that, which Andy Cryer re-tweeted.

Sure Flood just forgot about Burnley's years of 'who's that lying in the coffin' chants.....

He also conceniently forgot the big cheer that went up when one of their players nearly crippled one of our towards the end of the match. Absolutely disgusting behaviour by the Burnley supporters - after all these are kids only just starting their careers.

The last four matches against that lot they have been comprehensively out sung, any reasons for this Longers? You turn up in decent numbers, yet leave your voices at home.

Probably because we've won all 4 matches and kept them quiet!

1333020677[/url]' post='1239626']

"in spite of the unremitting noise bellowing out from the stands" - 1 stand

"A vociferous home crowd" - good god

"the crowd becoming increasingly clamorous with every half-chance that went amiss" - again, nope

I'm not just saying this to wind you up, that was one of the quietest atmospheres from a home crowd that I've ever witnessed. If you read that article you'd think it was the Roman Colloseum.

Sorry I was referring to the match report in terms of the play.

In answer to why is it like that. In part it's a malaise in football I think, home crowds seem less and less vociferous. At our gaff (and i suspect others) they blast full volume music through the PA right upto kick off. In the good old days the atmosphere 'grew',now its like, right start making your noise crowd, until half time when we will again drown you out. Away crowds are better but probably because everybody who is minded to sing and create ank atmosphere is close together whereas at home they are in little pockets all over the ground.

Specifically for this game I think people are completely out of the habit, still spread about and then just as it looked like the crowd might be waking up you struck 2 killer blows but in fairness most home games are not much better these days.

Archived