SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so is the rivalry dying ? :(

cos we always took great followings in the lancs cup games ?

games against burnley, at any level, are even rarer nowadays.

I thought that alone would mean a larger following.

I'm going for many reasons.

Chiefly, I despise burnley and home we hammer them and the banter and atmosphere will be something else.

I'm also really excited by the young prospects, (edwards, hanley, henley, o'sullivan and osawe and hopefully cotton!), and want to offer my support and encouragement to the young lads!

I'm the same beans. I hate them. Just seeing their colours makes me want to puke.

I think it is a age thing. Maybe were just stuck in the past, but i used to love the Manx cup games, was a brilliant experience.

I hope we go there and kick there arses good and proper. At least i'll be there unlike those that cant be bothered!

so is the rivalry dying ? :(

cos we always took great followings in the lancs cup games ?

games against burnley, at any level, are even rarer nowadays.

I thought that alone would mean a larger following.

I'm going for many reasons.

Chiefly, I despise burnley and home we hammer them and the banter and atmosphere will be something else.

I'm also really excited by the young prospects, (edwards, hanley, henley, o'sullivan and osawe and hopefully cotton!), and want to offer my support and encouragement to the young lads!

Nah its not dying, I just think its a natural thing in any derby. It matters more to the fans of the inferior team. Apparently we were a pretty mental lot in the 60s/70s, no coincidence we had a rubbish team then.

Longsiders - is there any decent car parking that I can use near, or behind the David Fishwick stand?

Also meant to add, slightly up Belvedere road from the Circket Club there is a small car park attached the tennis club that sometimes opens and you can park there for a couple of quid and just past the Queen Vic pub there is small free public car park. There is a fair amount of on street parking surrounding the ground but that is taken fairly early usually as well. Do you know what time you will be arriving?

Also meant to add, slightly up Belvedere road from the Circket Club there is a small car park attached the tennis club that sometimes opens and you can park there for a couple of quid and just past the Queen Vic pub there is small free public car park. There is a fair amount of on street parking surrounding the ground but that is taken fairly early usually as well. Do you know what time you will be arriving?

the belevedere suggestion is a great suggestion. queen vic does decent food too!

lots of street parking about half a mile away from the ground.

Does the James Hargreaves carpark remain open on matchdays too ?

the belevedere suggestion is a great suggestion. queen vic does decent food too!

lots of street parking about half a mile away from the ground.

Does the James Hargreaves carpark remain open on matchdays too ?

Do you mean the one at the Plumbers merchants or the one behind the stand? The one at the plumbers does (as far as I know), the one at the ground is by 'pass' only on match days

I'm the same beans. I hate them. Just seeing their colours makes me want to puke.

I think it is a age thing. Maybe were just stuck in the past, but i used to love the Manx cup games, was a brilliant experience.

I hope we go there and kick there arses good and proper. At least i'll be there unlike those that cant be bothered!

Agree, Will.

manx cup games were brilliant. great pre season trips to bury, rochdale, blackpool, bolton etc.

Here's a great article.. about the rivalry!

Our true rivals

There's still time for people to get tickets.. ;)

More of their fans go to an away leg of a one off YOUTH MATCH, ergo Dingle's now have more pride. it's that simple is it?

You don't half talk some tripe zac.

youve read my thoughts and reasonings and think its tripe ? :lol: reading yours and other people's post about "nobody gives a sh.it", surely prove the pride points ?

Do you mean the one at the Plumbers merchants or the one behind the stand? The one at the plumbers does (as far as I know), the one at the ground is by 'pass' only on match days

Huge carpark at the merchants.

A quick question to Mattyblue et al, assuming (as I expect with your academy and greater resources etc) that your team emerges victorious tonight, do I take it that it will hardly merit a mention by you, with it being so insignificant a match?

What is it with Burnley fans and the phrases "greater resources" and "more money"!

You realise its 11 professional athletes against 11 professional athletes right?

I do care, 33rd and all that.

But yes, it is complete tripe to say BFC fans have more pride because they had more in the away end at a youth match.

A quick question to Mattyblue et al, assuming (as I expect with your academy and greater resources etc) that your team emerges victorious tonight, do I take it that it will hardly merit a mention by you, with it being so insignificant a match?

Compared to the PL, of course it is insignificant, Burnley or otherwise. But as Fergie says 'I'd want to beat you lot at ludo'.

Not sure of your point longers?

Think thats a pretty safe assumption. Compared to the reaction from your lot if you win anyway. I'm sure some of you would still be going on about it a year from now.

But yes, it is complete tripe to say BFC fans have more pride because they had more in the away end at a youth match.

And burnley will have more in the home ends.. despite rovers having more season ticket holders.

Im sure you, and everyone else who isnt going wouldve enjoyed the game and occasion!

What is it with Burnley fans and the phrases "greater resources" and "more money"!

You realise its 11 professional athletes against 11 professional athletes right?

And anybody who believes resources and money don't make a difference in football is clearly stupid and definitely unable to understand the argument I could easily advance to demonstrate just how important it is.

Compared to the PL, of course it is insignificant, Burnley or otherwise. But as Fergie says 'I'd want to beat you lot at ludo'.

Not sure of your point longers?

Just people saying on the one hand the match doesn't matter, couldn't care less, means more to Burnley etc - yet I suspect they will be the ones gloating the loudest if the result goes as expected.

Thanks Longsider. Getting there around 6:30 I guess.

TBH, I'm changing my car in a couple of days so I want to park somewhere safe for the car, rather than for myself.

Definitely Queen Vic then I'd say

Just people saying on the one hand the match doesn't matter, couldn't care less, means more to Burnley etc - yet I suspect they will be the ones gloating the loudest if the result goes as expected.

The result matters not to me. I just want to see some talent, preferrably on Rovers side of course. :lol:

Problem for me with that, is that the rovers lads were bigger, faster and stronger than the Burnley kids. So trying to judge the future for those is difficult because when they come up against lads/men of similar stature they'll need more than that - they'll need technique.

Out of interest, where is the ball in that picture with hughes and Michopoulos?

In between Mich..whoevers legs! ;)

Fiesty game that one.

Ball's challenge - Payton on Friedel. Payton got his commupance. He had to walk past HOARDS of rovers fans celebrating, giving him V's and the nescafe coffee beans signs! :lol:

Electric atmosphere. spiteful and passionate.

In between Mich..whoevers legs! ;)

Fiesty game that one.

Ball's challenge - Payton on Friedel. Payton got his commupance. He had to walk past HOARDS of rovers fans celebrating, giving him V's and the nescafe coffee beans signs! :lol:

Electric atmosphere. spiteful and passionate.

The most toxic atmosphere I have ever experienced at a football game - the hatred was palpable

they brought more to ewood than we will take there and will have more home fans there than we did ?

That shows they have a greater pride in their club.

No it realyl doesn't. And that is where your "logic" falls down.

Does a Manchester United fan have more pride in their club than I have in mine? By your logic he must do, they sell 70,000+ home tickets each week.

It is a fundamentally flawed argument.

Anyway - not going tonight, cant get a babysitter. Shame, I love watching the U18's, the fact I watch more games than I miss will no doubt not detract from me not being a proper fan cos I can't get over to Burnley tonight. Oh well, I'll live.

No it realyl doesn't. And that is where your "logic" falls down.

Does a Manchester United fan have more pride in their club than I have in mine? By your logic he must do, they sell 70,000+ home tickets each week.

It is a fundamentally flawed argument.

Anyway - not going tonight, cant get a babysitter. Shame, I love watching the U18's, the fact I watch more games than I miss will no doubt not detract from me not being a proper fan cos I can't get over to Burnley tonight. Oh well, I'll live.

your reasons are your reasons.

you can argue all you like.

the man united comparison is complete nonsense.

Im basing everything on a direct comparison.. The crowds at ewood against the crowd at the turf.

They have more fans attending.. so to me.. it looks like it means more.

how could it not look like that ?

Archived