BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Youth Cup Semi

folkdevil

Wouldn't you say a lot of those numbers are irrelevant, due to the fact it was your only season in the premier league? Every single game you have named is a massive experience for a Burnley fan, for a Rovers fan of recent years its the norm. Novelty.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1332871991[/url]' post='1239217']

You are aware aren't you longside that this away crowds obsession Burnley fans have looks:

1. Pathetic - Can't beat Rovers at football, can't beat them at home crowds, whats number 3 on the list?

2. Made up - Every other club in Lancashire knows you're notorious for exaggerating your away followings.

Ok

You still have 2 days of sales to go, I would be surprised if you didn't bring 3000 at least - would be a little embarrassing if you didn't.

A bumley fan starting a gate debate/my dads bigger than your dad? Who’d have thought it :lol:

Anyone after a laugh, nip on over to the bumley site, they’re arguing about how many dingles each stand holds on the back of this youth cup game.

Can we beat them? No

Can we out support them? No

Can we take more a youth cup game away? Maybe

Can we get more through the gate for home for a youth cup match? Maybe

That makes us bigger and better than them surely :lol:

"small minded backward *******" :tu:

A bumley fan starting a gate debate/my dads bigger than your dad? Who’d have thought it :lol:

Anyone after a laugh, nip on over to the bumley site, they’re arguing about how many dingles each stand holds on the back of this youth cup game.

Can we beat them? No

Can we out support them? No

Can we take more a youth cup game away? Maybe

Can we get more through the gate for home for a youth cup match? Maybe

That makes us bigger and better than them surely :lol:

"small minded backward *******" :tu:

Did I start the debate? Fair enough.

No it doesn't. Do you think they'd be selling out if it was anyone other than Rovers? It shows they care about us more than we care about them. Why would be? Bitterness, chip on the shoulder, nothing else to care about but Championship mid-table again.

I always thought burnley were our biggest rivals ?

I started watching rovers in 1982. 3 years old.

Maybe its different for the younger generation, who have only known rovers as a premier league club ?

not dissing anyone, but maybe puts it in context.

Burnley should always be our arch - enemies and biggest rivals.

It's a disgrace, an embarassment, to all those that are going.

Rovers fans should hang their head in shame.

It is rare that i would ever say anything nice about Burnley, but on this occasion that have well and truly p****d all over us as a club.

shows they have more pride in their club than we do,to me :(

What utter cobblers.

And so is the "sold out" line - seats are still available. Even with Burnley's imagination they wouldnt sell out the ground for and U18 match.

I always thought burnley were our biggest rivals ?

I started watching rovers in 1982. 3 years old.

Maybe its different for the younger generation, who have only known rovers as a premier league club ?

not dissing anyone, but maybe puts it in context.

Burnley should always be our arch - enemies and biggest rivals.

I'm almost the same age as you and I'm going. But why am I going? Because I hate Burnley so much that I'd love to even see us beat them even in a youth game, and I assume the same applies to you.

But thats what this game is about, dislike of the opposition rather than pride in your own club. If both sets of fans were really so proud of their youth team, they'd have been getting crowds of 5-10,000 in previous rounds.

All this tie is proving is that they hate us more than we hate them, which everyone knew to begin with.

I'm almost the same age as you and I'm going. But why am I going? Because I hate Burnley so much that I'd love to even see us beat them even in a youth game, and I assume the same applies to you.

But thats what this game is about, dislike of the opposition rather than pride in your own club. If both sets of fans were really so proud of their youth team, they'd have been getting crowds of 5-10,000 in previous rounds.

All this tie is proving is that they hate us more than we hate them, which everyone knew to begin with.

In one.

'Dingle's have more pride' is like the nonsense about 'Newcastle fans being the most passionate in the galaxy' and other such tripe.

What utter cobblers.

And so is the "sold out" line - seats are still available. Even with Burnley's imagination they wouldnt sell out the ground for and U18 match.

Absolutely correct, no way on gods green earth we have or will sell circa 17000 tickets.

Lots of bluster and nonsense being spouted. My understanding is we have sold out the lower tiers and the Bob Lord, around 8200 seats. They have now started selling the upper tier in the longside I believe. A long long way from selling out.

It will be another excellent learning experience for all the players, from both teams.

so is the rivalry dying ? :(

cos we always took great followings in the lancs cup games ?

games against burnley, at any level, are even rarer nowadays.

I thought that alone would mean a larger following.

I'm going for many reasons.

Chiefly, I despise burnley and home we hammer them and the banter and atmosphere will be something else.

I'm also really excited by the young prospects, (edwards, hanley, henley, o'sullivan and osawe and hopefully cotton!), and want to offer my support and encouragement to the young lads!

What utter cobblers.

they brought more to ewood than we will take there and will have more home fans there than we did ?

That shows they have a greater pride in their club.

I have mates that follow them b*stards and they have told me how up for it they are.

They, and Burnley fans going tonight, want to see their up and coming talent, support their young lads and ultimately see burnley beat rovers.

I, and those rovers that are going ,want those same things too (hope rovers wipe the floor with them!)

Longsiders - is there any decent car parking that I can use near, or behind the David Fishwick stand?

Glad youre going, den! :rover:

Archived