BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial problems?

Pete1981

FFS, as if it isnt bad enough having a Pune mole (MG) on here trying to big up the truly fantastic job Venkys have done on us we've still got you coming out to deny any wrongdoing at every opportunity.

So it seems that Rovers have paid the installment but it is late and its almost time for the next one. Will that be late too?

So this 'rumour' that a payment date had been missed and was requested by the Scottish FA appears to have been correct them mum, yes?

And what impact do you think this kind of occurrence will have on Rovers reputation with other clubs? This will continue to add to the ridicule of our club and its owners and may make clubs less willing to deal with us in future.

Its not good and is indefensible. So please stop trying to defend the Raos at every opportunity, eh? I would have thought that knowing they misled you in Pune might have been enough to tone down your cheerleading a bit.

I agree with Mum in this case. I am not defending our owners - because it would be very difficult to do so - as you say they were late no matter which way you look at it. However - ever since they took over there seems to have been a deliberate policy to undermine our owners at every turn with rumours leaked to the press. Most of these rumours have proved to be incorrect. This leaked to the press nearly a week after the payment had been made - very strange don't you think ?

As far as Phillip is concerned - he has had a downer on the owners virtually since they took over. His fears may be justified - but the way he jumps with glee on any anti-Venky's rumour is getting a little boring - especially as most of these rumours have proved incorrect.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Mum in this case. I am not defending our owners - because it would be very difficult to do so - as you say they were late no matter which way you look at it. However - ever since they took over there seems to have been a deliberate policy to undermine our owners at every turn with rumours leaked to the press. Most of these rumours have proved to be incorrect. This leaked to the press nearly a week after the payment had been made - very strange don't you think ?

As far as Phillip is concerned - he has had a downer on the owners virtually since they took over. His fears may be justified - but the way he jumps with glee on any anti-Venky's rumour is getting a little boring - especially as most of these rumours have proved incorrect.

DMTP, I know what you are saying. But there is rarely smoke without fire and Venkys have started more than enough fires to cause a lot of bad stories, both true and false, to circulate. Their complete failure to lead the club effectively has added to that. On a completely un-scientific basis I suspect more of the negative stories that have come out have been true than those that are false.

Ultimately if you fail to fulfill your promises, in any walk of life, word will eventually leak out and your reputation will be tarnished so it isnt a massive surprise to see a news story a week after the payment was made and I am glad to have been made aware that it happened.

Some might appear to jump on every piece of bad news/rumour but equally others seem to leap to the defence of our fine owners and, in my opinion, that is worse in my eyes. They are not only clearly biased but also appear blind to the undoubted steep decline since Venkys took over.

DMTP, I know what you are saying. But there is rarely smoke without fire and Venkys have started more than enough fires to cause a lot of bad stories, both true and false, to circulate. Their complete failure to lead the club effectively has added to that. On a completely un-scientific basis I suspect more of the negative stories that have come out have been true than those that are false.

Ultimately if you fail to fulfill your promises, in any walk of life, word will eventually leak out and your reputation will be tarnished so it isnt a massive surprise to see a news story a week after the payment was made and I am glad to have been made aware that it happened.

Some might appear to jump on every piece of bad news/rumour but equally others seem to leap to the defence of our fine owners and, in my opinion, that is worse in my eyes. They are not only clearly biased but also appear blind to the undoubted steep decline since Venkys took over.

I don't think Mum necessarily jumps to their defence - but I will let her fight her own battle on that one.

I remember seeing an article a while ago - that talked of the different business practices that operate on the sub-continent - paying as late as possible was one such practice mentioned in the article. I still wonder how much of this has been a cultural issue - as much as a total lack of understanding of how football in Europe is run. I do wonder whether they regret their biggest mistake - marginalising John Williams to the extent that he left the club. IMO it was a bigger mistake than sacking Sam - because if they had listened to JW I am sure Sam would have remained in post till at least the end of that season - and his replacement (if they felt we still needed one) wouldn't have had the initial's SK.

I don't think Mum necessarily jumps to their defence - but I will let her fight her own battle on that one.

I remember seeing an article a while ago - that talked of the different business practices that operate on the sub-continent - paying as late as possible was one such practice mentioned in the article. I still wonder how much of this has been a cultural issue - as much as a total lack of understanding of how football in Europe is run. I do wonder whether they regret their biggest mistake - marginalising John Williams to the extent that he left the club. IMO it was a bigger mistake than sacking Sam - because if they had listened to JW I am sure Sam would have remained in post till at least the end of that season - and his replacement (if they felt we still needed one) wouldn't have had the initial's SK.

I'll agree with your second paragraph and agree to disagree on the first one!

Personally I don't see anything wrong with paying as late as possible, especially in the cesspit that is modern day football

Personally I don't see anything wrong with paying as late as possible, especially in the cesspit that is modern day football

I'm with you on most things EIT but not this. Dundee Utd have to exist in the impoverished world of the SPL and are down to the bare bones squad wise having had to sell to survive and drastically reduce their wage bill. They exist from one home game/transfer payment to the next.

Rovers have acted dishonourably and are out of order imo.

I'm with you on most things EIT but not this. Dundee Utd have to exist in the impoverished world of the SPL and are down to the bare bones squad wise having had to sell to survive and drastically reduce their wage bill. They exist from one home game/transfer payment to the next.

It was a week late wasn't it? And they sound exactly like us!

Agree with this. It might not be too long before Rovers are in a lower division, struggling to meet running costs, and waiting on one of the 'big' teams paying an installment for someone we developed and brought through. The bigger team failing to deliver the payment due would be hugely criticised by us in that scenario- and quite rightly.

Like much else about Rovers now- it lacks class, professionalism and respect.

It was a week late wasn't it? And they sound exactly like us!

I'm not sure but having just been shafted by the Rangers administrator you can understand their edginess. Ultimately Rovers should just have paid them on time. Not to do so is either unprofessional or underhand. I don't think the current Rovers set up have the smarts to be underhand so I suspect the latter. Either way it doesn't reflect well on us at all.

I suppose we should be used to that.

For pete's sake. Its only a week over due. In the cynical world, that is football this is nothing to get pumped up about.

It isnt a massive issue but it is a further indicator of how Venkys operate. It is also an indicator of possible ongoing financial pressures and one of the reasons behind selling Samba despite lying that Samba would not be sold. Its worth picking up on.

It is also worth bearing in mind that the payments we have become used to as small fry to a Premier League team mean an awful lot more to a small club.

It isnt a massive issue but it is a further indicator of how Venkys operate. It is also an indicator of possible ongoing financial pressures and one of the reasons behind selling Samba despite lying that Samba would not be sold.

To some extent. It also might be an indicator that someone are trying their all to put out negative rumours about Venkys and that Samba have been sulking and spreading a negative atmosphere in the dressing room which is really not needed in a relegation battle. It might also be the fact that we have found a buyer which means he wont play for the opposition in the relegation battle, such as QPR.

To some extent. It also might be an indicator that someone are trying their all to put out negative rumours about Venkys and that Samba have been sulking and spreading a negative atmosphere in the dressing room which is really not needed in a relegation battle. It might also be the fact that we have found a buyer which means he wont play for the opposition in the relegation battle, such as QPR.

OK. But I know which one I find more likely.

FFS negative rumours about Venkys WTF is there positive about Venkys ???? :angry2:

Exactly. Another rumour. Still, don't let that get in the way, eh? link - money has been paid...and Official Site

just like the rumour we'll win the league with these owners...lol

Thought you'd gone to live in Pune !!!

Not heard from you for a while.

Unfortunately, given it's nearly all dire news these days, Philipl's track record on most things Rovers is pretty good - doesn't seem to be taken in quite as easily as some !!!

:wacko:

FFS negative rumours about Venkys WTF is there positive about Venkys ???? :angry2:

I know, right?

I find it astonishing how people like Mum & DMTP think Venky's deserve the benefit of the doubt after what they've inflicted on the club in the last year.

With operating losses up from £1m to £18m in 12 months under venkys, and funds from player sales now essentially going to Barclays to cover this, we will have to sell a Phil Jones or Samba every 6 or 12 months to keep solvent. I see administration by Christmas.

Venkys, it's time to put up these millions you claim to have, or get out.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Love the way that the first story is worded. Absolutely farcical what the press get away with these days. No real up to date quote to support the headline and the storys quashed within hours. If you do a bit of digging the late payment is put down to a technical problem which is well understandable.

I personally hate the Rao's with a passion, but we are gonna need more foundations to wrestle the club from them due to financial problems.

...and since half of you are only interested in rumours, the wages for the players/staff where paid yesterday. Samba's fee has already gone on wages, we borrowed from another Indian bank last month for wages, so how we gonna pay the next one?

... Vineeeth will have the charity buckets out at Ewood - you heard it here first

Archived