BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial problems?

Pete1981

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is only the latest of numerous rumours about cash flow problems at Rovers. The worst rumour concerned all wages being paid late and everybody at Ewood being out in fear of their jobs if this leaked at the end of January.

It is the first to have hit the press so publicly and of course the SPL can go to UEFA and Rovers could get themselves an international transfer ban if we don't sort this out within a reasonable period.

The big worry is that it will be the end of May before the next big Sky hand out arrives. If we are in deep trouble on cash flow in February, what are the months of March and April going to be like?

I guess somebody is driving Samba to a Moscow flight as I am typing this glad that the big man has talked and relieved that they are not getting all the blame.

Premier League clubs have to supply monthly cashflow forecasts to the Premier League, I don't know what the BRFC one looks like, but it can't be good for the next few months.

Although I also don't know the extent to which the PL cashflow disclosures are independently audited.

Didn't the great matriarch say that money would be made available if it became necessary - or words to that effect?

What a way to run a business, let alone a football club. For all their faults and lack of funding this would NEVER have happened under the Trust.

Didn't the great matriarch say that money would be made available if it became necessary - or words to that effect?

What a way to run a business, let alone a football club. For all their faults and lack of funding this would NEVER have happened under the Trust.

The sale of Samba (£12m) may well see us ok until the next tv payment. His wage off the overall wage bill is quite significant. Are we not seeing a restructuring of the club to ensure we balance the books, (as if we had been put into administration with the remit to make us a profitable business). If (and it is a big if) we manage to avoid relegation our wage bill must be far lower now than it was some months ago, and therefore maybe sustainable to run without cash from outside.

"Courier Sport understands United have asked Rovers for a date for the arrival of the money but have not yet received a satisfactory answer." 'Bankrupt Rovers FC'... Thank you the Slumdogs.

btw Parallel No 1

Can we give him back? Could he be a jinx cos the only other club chasing his signature was Rangers! :o

Parallel No 2

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/16670/take-it-to-the-bank-david-goodwillie-transfer-comes-with-a-sting-in-the-tail-for-dundee-united.html

The sale of Samba (£12m) may well see us ok until the next tv payment. His wage off the overall wage bill is quite significant. Are we not seeing a restructuring of the club to ensure we balance the books, (as if we had been put into administration with the remit to make us a profitable business). If (and it is a big if) we manage to avoid relegation our wage bill must be far lower now than it was some months ago, and therefore maybe sustainable to run without cash from outside.

A very big IF. Hoping to avoid relegation whilst assembling a Championship level squad (using JW's tried and trusted wage bill to league position scale) will only have one outcome.

A very big IF. Hoping to avoid relegation whilst assembling a Championship level squad (using JW's tried and trusted wage bill to league position scale) will only have one outcome.

IMO if we do manage to avoid the drop, and we start next season with a club that 'pays its own way', we will have assembled a 1st team squad that would almost inevitably be relegated next season.

Are we seeing a move by the club to operate under the new rules governing football clubs, something along the lines of 'you can only spend what you earn'? Not sure when that comes in, thought it was in the next couple of seasons.

With a Championship style wage bill we will get Championship football whether it be this season or at the end of next. Any profit made will go where ??

With a Championship style wage bill we will get Championship football whether it be this season or at the end of next. Any profit made will go where ??

Your guess is as good as mine! Doubt we will ever see us in profit. After parachute payments have gone I can only see that we will have similar restructuring issues to what we are experiencing now, the only difference being, the division we are in.

Your guess is as good as mine! Doubt we will ever see us in profit. After parachute payments have gone I can only see that we will have similar restructuring issues to what we are experiencing now, the only difference being, the division we are in.

Im pretty sure these idiots still think they can slash all costs and have a cheap clown in charge. All with the idea of stayin up a few seasons and actually making money out of the club. Hasn't it dawned on them yet that if that was possible many other clubs would be doing it by now :wacko: Their big experiment has not worked so now the club is just another balance sheet to play with.

My pal has just rung, his son plays for Bolton reserves, he saw Goodwillie play against them recently, his exact words not 2mins ago, 'He's too fat, he can't play in the premiership'! When I told him that we are paying £2.8m he p!ssed himself !!

This is only the latest of numerous rumours about cash flow problems at Rovers. The worst rumour concerned all wages being paid late and everybody at Ewood being out in fear of their jobs if this leaked at the end of January.

Exactly. Another rumour. Still, don't let that get in the way, eh? link - money has been paid...and Official Site

Exactly. Another rumour. Still, don't let that get in the way, eh? link - money has been paid...and Official Site

Thought you'd gone to live in Pune !!!

Not heard from you for a while.

Unfortunately, given it's nearly all dire news these days, Philipl's track record on most things Rovers is pretty good - doesn't seem to be taken in quite as easily as some !!!

FFS, as if it isnt bad enough having a Pune mole (MG) on here trying to big up the truly fantastic job Venkys have done on us we've still got you coming out to deny any wrongdoing at every opportunity.

So it seems that Rovers have paid the installment but it is late and its almost time for the next one. Will that be late too?

So this 'rumour' that a payment date had been missed and was requested by the Scottish FA appears to have been correct them mum, yes?

And what impact do you think this kind of occurrence will have on Rovers reputation with other clubs? This will continue to add to the ridicule of our club and its owners and may make clubs less willing to deal with us in future.

Its not good and is indefensible. So please stop trying to defend the Raos at every opportunity, eh? I would have thought that knowing they misled you in Pune might have been enough to tone down your cheerleading a bit.

Archived