BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial problems?

Pete1981

I seem to recall players going to India (some of them twice) and Hong Kong last year, not to mention several fans. God forbid these football superstars aren't given an extra few days in Dubai for a jolly as an additional perk to their monster wages. Here I am, working my arse off in a company that doesn't even put out newspapers in the lunch room anymore to save money and we're talking about overpaid players not getting to go on an all expenses paid trip to Dubai to reward them for some abject performances.

Joke.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, you're missing the point.

This isn't about the players deserving a jolly in the sun, it's just yet another sign of Venky's trying to run this club on the cheap. Worked wonders for us so far, hasn't it?

I seem to recall players going to India (some of them twice) and Hong Kong last year, not to mention several fans. God forbid these football superstars aren't given an extra few days in Dubai for a jolly as an additional perk to their monster wages. Here I am, working my arse off in a company that doesn't even put out newspapers in the lunch room anymore to save money and we're talking about overpaid players not getting to go on an all expenses paid trip to Dubai to reward them for some abject performances.

Joke.

OK, Point taken, but why couldn't the India trip have taken place during the recent international break? It could have acted as a both a PR exercise and a team building exercise? Saying that, i suppose all the posters had been made up already and they had to get the team out there before the faces on the adverts were frozen out by contractual issues.

Say what you like. Our owners are a feckin disgrace.

Again, you're missing the point.

This isn't about the players deserving a jolly in the sun, it's just yet another sign of Venky's trying to run this club on the cheap. Worked wonders for us so far, hasn't it?

You're right they should just throw their money away. Throwing money away seems to have done wonders for Wolves and QPR after all. Man City may find out that throwing money at your problems won't even get you a UEFA Cup trophy, much less a Premier or Champions League one.

So no I am not missing the point at all. They have been taken on 2 separate trips to Asia already and they get paid fantastic money to play football. I won't lose any sleep over them not going to Dubai.

Dubai's not that great anyway. Its a paradise for shoppers with big money, but other than that, its a big tall bulding or two and thats about it. You can't do anything particularly fun, and its all geared towards shopping at the ridiculous end of the price scale.

Then again, maybe some of the players need new Louis Vuitton handbags and Prada shoes ?

You're right they should just throw their money away. Throwing money away seems to have done wonders for Wolves and QPR after all. Man City may find out that throwing money at your problems won't even get you a UEFA Cup trophy, much less a Premier or Champions League one.

So no I am not missing the point at all. They have been taken on 2 separate trips to Asia already and they get paid fantastic money to play football. I won't lose any sleep over them not going to Dubai.

lol. A trip to Dubai means 'financial meltdown' now? We managed it under the Trust, buddy boy.

And again, you ARE missing the point because you reverted back to the 'I don't feel sorry for the players yadda yadda', which has nothing to do with this. But whatever.

According to Bradley on Twitter:

Bradley Orr ‏ @bradleyorr2

Brilliant couple of days with the lads... Jaws are in bulk from laughing !!! Back to business now for the last 10 games ! #teamspirit

• Backroom

I actually think they should have gone to Dubai

I could have done with a trip away

Too soon? Yeah probably too soon

*runs away*

Zahavi finger prints all over the Pompey disaster and he claims he is owed £2m by them as well.

And which super agent have our hapless clueless useless owners turned to now? Yes they are looking to Zahavi to lead us into the next Rao rip-off.

Anyone at Rovers or in Pune going to deny that Zahavi doesn't already have a contract to move yet more players out of Rovers irrespective of whether we stay up or not?

Anyone at Rovers or in Pune going to deny that Zahavi doesn't already have a contract to move yet more players out of Rovers irrespective of whether we stay up or not?

Anyone at Rovers or in Pune going to deny or verify anything? Doesn't make it true.

Zahavi finger prints all over the Pompey disaster and he claims he is owed £2m by them as well.

And which super agent have our hapless clueless useless owners turned to now? Yes they are looking to Zahavi to lead us into the next Rao rip-off.

He does have a contract to move some players out. Who and how many is dependant on whether we stay up or not. If we stay up, I expect the following to leave or to be put up for sale: Givet, Formica, Simon, Hoilett, Blackman, Ribiero, Anderson, Salgado, Grella.

Every player has his price though so can't completely rule out people like N'Zonzi going.

Can any of you two provide evidence of a Contract to Zahzvi allowing him to sell players in the summer???

Last time I went John Terry was in the hotel pool, his wife/partner/lover/bit of stuff/friend was very nice to talk to after a couple of buck's fizz.

He had 5 birds with him? :o Fair play to him...Credit where credit is due. :tu:

Archived