BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Financial problems?

Pete1981

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And yet there were some well informed people that thought Kean might make it as a manager ! Was he not also approached to be assistant at Chelsea ?

How any one can see that Kean was going to be useless from the start is totally beyond me - as is the fact that our new owners were going to be equally inept.

At the start the owners promised to keep the current management in place - but just try to grow the business in India - and yet you claim people knew from the start they were doomed to fail.

All I will say - hindsight is a wonderful thing - and I don't think we can get beyond that (for whatever reason) IMO certain people wanted the Venky's to fail from the start. Why - I don't know.

Amazing! People pointed out at a very early stage that we were on the road to disaster. You wouldn't believe them and, now, when its turned out exactly as they said it would, you point to the benefit of hindsight!

Very few people were against them from the beginning, a big majority cautiously welcomed them and awaited the outcome. It didn't take long to realise we'd been conned, but it took you a very long time.

For me, I welcomed them with open arms but realised my mistake the instant they sacked Sam (perfect manager for us) and embarrassed us with dreams of Beckham, Ronaldinho and the rest.

By the time they pushed Williams/Finn out I had long realised that the animals were running the zoo. Cue calls of "doom-monger"" trembler" "nay-sayer" from the deluded. Perhaps you were among them?

When did the penny finally drop for you? Too late for sure.

And yet there were some well informed people that thought Kean might make it as a manager ! Was he not also approached to be assistant at Chelsea ? lol where did that come from? surprised that he isn't part of the set-up down in west london - maybe they saw something they didn't like at the interview?

How any one can see that Kean was going to be useless from the start is totally beyond me - as is the fact that our new owners were going to be equally inept. Many of us said from the start that venkys just didin't make any sense for BRFC, and Kean was a no-mark. Just because you were a bit slow on the uptake doesn't mean you can just claim it is a trait common to all. Your naivity belongs to yourself and nobody else

At the start the owners promised to keep the current management in place - but just try to grow the business in India - and yet you claim people knew from the start they were doomed to fail.See the points above. Why would you have thought there was a business in india "to grow"?

All I will say - hindsight is a wonderful thing - and I don't think we can get beyond that (for whatever reason) IMO certain people wanted the Venky's to fail from the start. Why - I don't know. Hindsight is great but foresight is better and plenty of us had it! Just lots of dreaming dummies that spoiled our reality (for whatever reason!). Nobody wanted venkies to fail but plenty expected them to fail because their takeover NEVER made any sense except to dreamers and gullible fools.

And yet there were some well informed people that thought Kean might make it as a manager ! Was he not also approached to be assistant at Chelsea ?

How any one can see that Kean was going to be useless from the start is totally beyond me - as is the fact that our new owners were going to be equally inept.

At the start the owners promised to keep the current management in place - but just try to grow the business in India - and yet you claim people knew from the start they were doomed to fail.

All I will say - hindsight is a wonderful thing - and I don't think we can get beyond that (for whatever reason) IMO certain people wanted the Venky's to fail from the start. Why - I don't know.

You do know Kean was sacked at Coventry and very nearly got the boot from Fulham.

Was in the corporate boxes at Fulham a few weeks ago and widespread laughter greeted the notion of Steve Kean being a manager.

I think there is an element of truth in your comment about Keans appointment. I knew little about him but became suspicious when he went from caretaker to full time in a ridiculously short space of time (he also went from the track suit to ill fitting dress suit) and the comments from the Raos really bigging him up. It was apparent then that somebody was pulling their strings. The time for him to go should have been the end of the season when we just about stayed up. Similarly the Indians should have moved on as they, for me are hopelessly out of their depth just like their protected species who effectively runs the club.

I think there is an element of truth in your comment about Keans appointment. I knew little about him but became suspicious when he went from caretaker to full time in a ridiculously short space of time (he also went from the track suit to ill fitting dress suit) and the comments from the Raos really bigging him up. It was apparent then that somebody was pulling their strings. The time for him to go should have been the end of the season when we just about stayed up. Similarly the Indians should have moved on as they, for me are hopelessly out of their depth just like their protected species who effectively runs the club.

When someone else is pulling the strings employing people on merit goes out of the window, it is all about money.

Kean>Jensen>no chairman>new contract for Blackman>Myles Anderson

The list goes on.....

Never said they deserved the benefit of the doubt - just that IMO there has always been an element that wanted Venky's to fail from the start - and that most of the rumours put out about them have proved incorrect.

My frustration is that some of the more wild rumours have detracted away from the very real problems at the club.

Why? Their failure has meant this, and it is awful.

Who gives a feck about the rumours, enough of what they have ACTUALLY done has brought this club to its knees, is that not enough for you?

What really amazes me sometimes is the way a lot of people interpret the owners lack of communication and the way the club has been run as stupidity, ignorance,naivety etc.The crux of the problem is they own Blackburn Rovers Football club and will not be told what to do,how to do it and when to do it.

Protesters,Politicians,Financial experts, all mean jot simply because they choose not to deal with them.

The mentality is 2nd world business tactics to run the club.This shows in the way they run the financial side i.e. The minimum payment as late as possible.

Its also very much a case of as long as Kean can show there is a chance he can keep us up he will stay.Venkys do not need a top of the prem team as a marketing tool they just need a team in the prem.Why would they sack him when it will cost them millions.The same can be said for Samba,Salgado,Roberts, Nelsen,Emerton,Andrews,Diouf etc.All costing millions in wages and could easily be replaced by youth at a fraction of the cost.What made me chuckle the other day was an announcement of another protest being organised with many shops being postered and banners being printed.Talk about flogging a dead horse,Unless the street where they live is being fly posted nobody of relevance is going to be influenced.The point Is Venkys are not going anywhere soon ,The club is operating within their expectations and their shareholders will be happy because it isn`t costing them a penny.

Love the way that the first story is worded. Absolutely farcical what the press get away with these days. No real up to date quote to support the headline and the storys quashed within hours. If you do a bit of digging the late payment is put down to a technical problem which is well understandable.

I personally hate the Rao's with a passion, but we are gonna need more foundations to wrestle the club from them due to financial problems.

...and since half of you are only interested in rumours, the wages for the players/staff where paid yesterday. Samba's fee has already gone on wages, we borrowed from another Indian bank last month for wages, so how we gonna pay the next one?

... Vineeeth will have the charity buckets out at Ewood - you heard it here first

Not only was the story in The Courier on 24 Feb not "quashed within hours" but, IMO, it was actually supported by the statement from Rovers purporting to "put the record straight". I cannot see how this can be dismissed as a "rumour". Of course, it may not be too significant in the great scheme of things but neither is it just an anti-Venky's rumour someone has made up.

The story in The Courier claimed that Rovers were late with a payment that Rovers had promised to pay on Wednesday 15 Feb and that as payment was not made on time, Dundee United asked the SPL for help so that they in turn would ask the English FA to intervene.

Rovers state that payment was made to the FA on Monday 20 Feb (not to Dundee United and not on 15 Feb). They do not deny that the payment was due on 15 Feb or that they were late. They do not comment on when that payment was eventually received by Dundee United. The statement confirms the intervention of the FA in the matter.

More worrying than such "rumours" is the prevalence of unsubstantiated pro-Kean and pro-Venky's propaganda.

Robinson

Hoilett

Nzonzi

Yakubu

They won't sell the club till they have cashed in on these...I'd say £30 million the lot. Sorry hoilett will go free...my mistake

Less than £10m I'd say. Robinson is a £2m pound player on a good day, Nzonzi possibly £5million, Junior may go for free and I'm pretty sure Yakubu has a £1.5m buy-out clause in his contract :wacko:

Amazing! People pointed out at a very early stage that we were on the road to disaster. You wouldn't believe them and, now, when its turned out exactly as they said it would, you point to the benefit of hindsight!

Very few people were against them from the beginning, a big majority cautiously welcomed them and awaited the outcome. It didn't take long to realise we'd been conned, but it took you a very long time.

For me, I welcomed them with open arms but realised my mistake the instant they sacked Sam (perfect manager for us) and embarrassed us with dreams of Beckham, Ronaldinho and the rest.

By the time they pushed Williams/Finn out I had long realised that the animals were running the zoo. Cue calls of "doom-monger"" trembler" "nay-sayer" from the deluded. Perhaps you were among them?

When did the penny finally drop for you? Too late for sure.

I agree with that. I was open minded at first but had deep reservations given the fact the Venkies hadn't seen more than a handful of games between them when they bought the club. That fact was deeply worrying even on day one. When they rapidly sacked our current manager and replaced him with a nonentity then it was obvious what the end result was going to be. After that it's just been a succession ridiculously bad decisions on their part.

When they've sold all our remaining assets and running the club starts to actually cost them money then they'll bail out. I'd say the way were going that'll be about this time next year when we're bumping along near the bottom of the championship and The Dingles have just dicked us at Ewood in front of a crowd of about 13,000 ( 5,000 Dingles ).

Less than £10m I'd say. Robinson is a £2m pound player on a good day, Nzonzi possibly £5million, Junior may go for free and I'm pretty sure Yakubu has a £1.5m buy-out clause in his contract :wacko:

Martin Ollsen will be worth a few quid. He'd be decent in a good side. Hanley, Lowe and Henley look like they may be players with a bright future, I could see the likes of West Brom, Everton etc coming in to chance their arm. Givet's a good steady centre half. After that I'm struggling, when this lot have gone Rovers will also be struggling.

God!-----anyone still think Venkys deserve the benefit of the doubt, OR that some have been too hard on them, OR that further protests should stop in case they're offended OR that there is any point even attempting to reopen a dialogue that was a farce from the first?

OR, finally, that anyone should even consider buying a season ticket while these contemptible creatures are still in possession of our club?

I'll give you a clue DMTP..... Lift any ponies tail and what do you see? Hindsight is NOT a wonderful thing, foresight is! Some have one some the other. It wouldn't do you any harm to concede that point. ;)

btw HINDSIGHT tells us that Abromovich can pick his nose but he can't pick a manager. :P

Nothing in the article about replacing the players sold.

I question this article as venkys have not been communicating about their plans for the club.

Bloody hell! They'll be replaced alright, in the sense that 11 players will take the field. They'll come from Poundland though or be unemployed youth on a training scheme who don't receive pay. Venkys are hardly going to tell you that!

What planet are you on or are you truly just winding us up? Even if they did communicate , would you believe them?

A journalist, I'd suggest has been leaked info Venkys didn't want to be outed. We'll soon see.

Robinson

Hoilett

Nzonzi

Yakubu

They won't sell the club till they have cashed in on these...I'd say £30 million the lot. Sorry hoilett will go free...my mistake

There will be sure to be some middle men making a packet out of that one.

Now who do we know who answers that description? <_<

Hindsight my backside. I don't really need to respond to your post DMTP, because others have pretty well already done it - but I will.

IMO certain people wanted the Venky's to fail from the start. Why - I don't know.

The only thing I can think of here, is that you reckon people wanted them to fail because they are Indian. If there could be another reason, then let's hear it. I wont respond beyond that.

I wanted the Raos to succeed and their offer to minority shareholders, while not having too much in there to give real encouragement, seemed quite acceptable. It became clear within just three weeks that they didn't know what they were doing - and I said so, along with others, on here, at the time.

Since then we've had bad decision after bad decision. Plenty of us called these decisions out for what they were, while some people defended the Raos actions at each and every turn. When you've watched the ups and downs of rovers for as long as some of us have, you get to know [or you get a feeling] when things aren't right. For a small town club to thrive and survive in the PL, everything at the club has to be spot on. Rovers can't just buy themselves out of trouble like many of the other clubs in the Prem can. Once things go haywire at Ewood, it's so very, very difficult to repair that damage. That's what I and many of the other longer standing fans feared. From the first three weeks - and ever since, it was/has been apparent to some of us that the Raos were making seriously bad decisions that would result in relegation. It's not as if people are finally coming round to that. They have been aware of that from the beginning.

So, just as you can look at yesterday's result and say "typical knee jerk reaction, we were always going to lose at Man City" [was it you that said that, I honestly can't remember?], others will look at the players on view - and the display - and see something far more worrying.

Hindsight? No way.

Archived