BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next years season tickets?

Majiball

218 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment, do you think you will buy a season ticket next year?

• YES
    • YES, but only if we avoid relegation (yes it exists)
    • NO
    • I don't get a season ticket anyway

My post was not intended a dig. I am not saying anybody is a not a supporter. Just good times and bad times are part of supporting a football club.

Yes, they are and many on here have lived through a fair few of them and remained committed to the club. But then there's Venky time and that's like all your worst nightmares rolled into one and it's like that bit in the Voyage of the Dawntreader where they sail towards the place where all your dreams come true, only to remember that dreams can also be nightmares and their strength is sapped by the horror around them and they can't get out. that's what it feels like here, now.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, now I think to buy a season ticket with Kean and Venky's still in control would seem to me to be condoning them or even giving them my stamp of approval. I certainly cannot do that. I despise them wholeheartedly with a passion for what they have done. Hopefully, my not buying a ST will be my small contribution to an organised boycott as part of a drive to get rid of Kean at least.

Exactly Winston.

This debate is 12 months too late. This is the issue that I had LAST SEASON. I decided that sending them my £400 would simply be condoning their lies and broken promises. We could surely all see then that they have no class or substance about them.

Personally I'd rather write a cheque for £400 to that lot residing on Ewood car park rather than that lot residing in Ewood Park..... and we'd see snowflakes falling in hell before I'd do that too.

Yes, they are and many on here have lived through a fair few of them and remained committed to the club. But then there's Venky time and that's like all your worst nightmares rolled into one and it's like that bit in the Voyage of the Dawntreader where they sail towards the place where all your dreams come true, only to remember that dreams can also be nightmares and their strength is sapped by the horror around them and they can't get out. that's what it feels like here, now.

Yes I know they are - hence the passionate views on here.

So in terms of contributing to the running of the club what do you do? Do you get behind the team when you are watching on your laptop? I know supporters who travel long distances to home games. For all your pontificating it appears you do very little apart from trying to tell fans who spend a lot of money (and care passionately) on Blackburn Rovers not to protest.

There may well be supporters who travel long distances to get to matches. I go to matches nearer to home, such as the London matches. If I have the time and the money to do so.

Slightly drunk reply...

Call me insane or whatever you want, I still get some things from going to Ewood. For me it's less about the football nowadays and morew about the family aspect, as it is a good chance for me to see my family. I have been going to watch Rovers with my dad for over 20 years, and I will be going long after Kean and most likely Venkys.

Ultimatly this is the only reason I muster the effort at the moment, but it only takes a slight positivist as me to see fun times around the corner whatever league we are in. I understand the concerns regarding financial matters but for me the buzz will stay at Ewood whilst I make the effort. The club is mine whoever owns it, corrupt or what. Everyone who slags me for having this attitude can go fornicate themselves with a rusty spanner.

OK.... You are insane. Certifiably so.

You are feeding the malaise.

so it's not a case of we should be there because there are good and bad times. surely you see that if the majority of those who have lived through what they thought was the worst of times at Rovers and managed to carry on supporting are now saying they have had enough then to suggest that people carry on buying season tickets is just plain daft. If people want to carry on going and putting their money in for season tickets then good luck to them. I attach no blame to that, but for the majority of us, I suspect next season's season tickets will be a step too far, both in terms of our support and in terms of finance. Prices will almost certainly rise and very few season ticket holders get to every match anyway, especially with tv moving games around so that, even if by some miracle we survive in the PL most will look at the cost of a seasaon ticket v individual games and refuse to cough up a large sum upfront.

Thing is TAFKAJB (FMthat was hard!), you admit above that you are only going to rovers so that you can be with your Dad. It is good that you are doing things with your family but it really isn't a credible reason to be supporting venkies. You could easily go for a walk along the canal with your dad.

If they pooled their admission they could go for a nice lunch and a few scoops every fortnight, or visit the Zoo, or explore York, or enjoy a nice tea in Betty's Harrogate, or buy a pass into the National Trust properties, or go to the cinema, or visit the Lakes or the dales, or vist Liverpool Dockland.....

... and they'd be better received and better thought of at all of them!

Easy to say from the south coast.

Do you think the likes of GAV, SG194, Stuart, winstonsmith arent 'supporters'.?

Personally speaking I've frequently questioned the basis of Gav's support. I'm not even sure that he had a ST when SA was in charge and even if he did in those halcyon days of top 10 finishes he was promising to pack it all in then.

Funny what sticks in one's mind isn't it?.... Course I'm not singling Gav out here cos there were lots of them who belonged to that spoilt generation. They just wouldn't be told would they? They always knew best! :wstu:

Reading the Chronicals of Narnia all over again would be immeasurably more enjoyable and certainly more believable than watching a re run of the events over the past 15 months at the footballs very own Cuckoo's Nest. I must dig em all out of the loft for next weeks match.

btw I seem to rem the USS Enterprise happening upon a few of those utopian planets in the original TV series where everything is like a dream. That always ended up stickily too following the violent death of yet another previously never seen crew member. :rolleyes:

btw I seem to rem the USS Enterprise happening upon a few of those utopian planets in the original TV series where everything is like a dream. That always ended up stickily too following the violent death of yet another previously never seen crew member. :rolleyes:

Never had you down as a Trekkie, Gordon!!!! :P:lol:

There may well be supporters who travel long distances to get to matches. I go to matches nearer to home, such as the London matches. If I have the time and the money to do so.

You said on another thread that you could "easily' afford the 1000 quid for a share in Rovers ownership. :rolleyes:

If I lived in the area then I would get a season ticket. A supporter supports their club during the good an the bad times.

But as I live over 300 miles away.i cannot.

No problem.

Pay for someone local, who cannot afford to attend, to go watch the matches.

Then you will still be "supporting" your club.

You said on another thread that you could "easily' afford the 1000 quid for a share in Rovers ownership. :rolleyes:

It is time and other commitments.

Ouch! Even I felt that.

47er just likes to play his little childish games.

Certainly was in my youth clur. To this day I've never been bothered by the klingons. How about you?

:D

Them klingons don't scare me either!! Venkys and Kean are most like Ferengis imo - "Greed, deceit, distrust, and opportunism were highly prized values among Ferengi" :@ :mellow:

Anyway, I'd like Kean and Venkys to leave before considering season tickets!

:D

Them klingons don't scare me either!! Venkys and Kean are most like Ferengis imo - "Greed, deceit, distrust, and opportunism were highly prized values among Ferengi" :@ :mellow:

Anyway, I'd like Kean and Venkys to leave before considering season tickets!

Flipping eck Clure, even you thinking of not getting a ST !! You need to look at the list of non renewers, mostly very long term fans of many many years.

Flipping eck Clure, even you thinking of not getting a ST !! You need to look at the list of non renewers, mostly very long term fans of many many years.

I'll eat some sort of novelty hat if Clare doesn't get a ST/stops going!

My little lad has been harping on about Man City lately, so my immediate reaction was, "Right - first season ticket for the Rovers for you next season!" Then I started to question the wisdom in this. Would it put him off Rovers for ever if he was to witness performances like yesterday's every other Saturday (or Friday night if in Championship)? Hmmm......

BTW he is not, nor will he ever be allowed to be City fan. He's been told - Rovers and England - that's yer lot!

Archived