BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next years season tickets?

Majiball

218 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment, do you think you will buy a season ticket next year?

• YES
    • YES, but only if we avoid relegation (yes it exists)
    • NO
    • I don't get a season ticket anyway

No. Loyalty, plain and simple. Not a bad trait. Whilst things are appallingly poor, continuing support of the team cannot be termed as an inability to rationalise.

OK you are a loyal fan like the rest of us, but even you must have a breaking point, what is that point?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK you are a loyal fan like the rest of us, but even you must have a breaking point, what is that point?

I feel as though I'm there in all honesty. Nonetheless, I will support us as I did in the old 2nd division. Wish we could return to standing room only on the Blackburn End. Good old days. Anyway, things need to change for the better without doubt, but I can't criticise others for continuing in their support.

For me Blackburn Rovers don't exist.

There is a team that plays in their old ground, play in the same colours, claims to have their history and even some of the same fans go to watch but this new team is just Venky fc with their puppet at the helm and has nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers they just by coincidence play in Blackburn. The heart has been ripped out of the club and things will never be the same again.

I would prefer Rovers to do a Stanley and start again in Evo stick div one north without venkean than limp on in the prem with the kean venky axis. I've had a season ticket since about 1988 but I won't go again until there is a fraction of the team I used to know and love.

Nobody is questioning your loyalty bestierover but many long standing supporters are now seeing through the utter bullshyte that is Veny's/Kean et al.

the lies and deceit can only go on for so long...

You mention the old second division,the club was in so much better hands even in those rough times.

No. Loyalty, plain and simple. Not a bad trait. Whilst things are appallingly poor, continuing support of the team cannot be termed as an inability to rationalise.

That loyalty will be seen as loyalty to Venky's and Kean, not Rovers. You do know that's how it will be spun.

If Kean and Venky's are still here then No.

Up until the 1990s, I'd been going to Rovers and just paid cash at the Blackburn End turnstiles. I'd never really thought about getting a season ticket. I knew that, for people who could afford to pay up front in advance, it was a way of saving money but there was no great need to have one unless we got to the Cup Final (which did not happen - 52 years and still counting !). However, when Jack and then Kenny came, so did increased attendances and along with the redevelopment of the ground and the reduced capacity, it suddenly became a necessity to have a ST to ensure getting into the ground. So I've had one for the last 20 years or so.

However, now I think to buy a season ticket with Kean and Venky's still in control would seem to me to be condoning them or even giving them my stamp of approval. I certainly cannot do that. I despise them wholeheartedly with a passion for what they have done. Hopefully, my not buying a ST will be my small contribution to an organised boycott as part of a drive to get rid of Kean at least.

If Kean and Venky's are still here then No.

Up until the 1990s, I'd been going to Rovers and just paid cash at the Blackburn End turnstiles. I'd never really thought about getting a season ticket. I knew that, for people who could afford to pay up front in advance, it was a way of saving money but there was no great need to have one unless we got to the Cup Final (which did not happen - 52 years and still counting !). However, when Jack and then Kenny came, so did increased attendances and along with the redevelopment of the ground and the reduced capacity, it suddenly became a necessity to have a ST to ensure getting into the ground. So I've had one for the last 20 years or so.

However, now I think to buy a season ticket with Kean and Venky's still in control would seem to me to be condoning them or even giving them my stamp of approval. I certainly cannot do that. I despise them wholeheartedly with a passion for what they have done. Hopefully, my not buying a ST will be my small contribution to an organised boycott as part of a drive to get rid of Kean at least.

This is a very good point.

However, Kean will point to the 5000 or so renewals as being "true fans". So it'll be win-win anyway.

Guest TheArtistFormallyKnownAsJB

Slightly drunk reply...

Call me insane or whatever you want, I still get some things from going to Ewood. For me it's less about the football nowadays and morew about the family aspect, as it is a good chance for me to see my family. I have been going to watch Rovers with my dad for over 20 years, and I will be going long after Kean and most likely Venkys.

Ultimatly this is the only reason I muster the effort at the moment, but it only takes a slight positivist as me to see fun times around the corner whatever league we are in. I understand the concerns regarding financial matters but for me the buzz will stay at Ewood whilst I make the effort. The club is mine whoever owns it, corrupt or what. Everyone who slags me for having this attitude can go fornicate themselves with a rusty spanner.

I have been a season ticket holder since 1981...I will probably be working a few Saturdays next season , plus I have booked a 3 week holiday in September , it is unlikely i would renew anyway ..

But if Venkys and Kean are anywhere near the club , I will consider not going on at all ..The day they leave ,is the day I will return whatever division we are in ...

That loyalty will be seen as loyalty to Venky's and Kean, not Rovers. You do know that's how it will be spun.

I won't alter for fear of spin. The message that they are disliked appears to be becoming more and more apparent to the wider world. It takes time to get across. Continued loyalty does not equate to "support" for the establishment necessarily.

This is a very good point.

However, Kean will point to the 5000 or so renewals as being "true fans". So it'll be win-win anyway.

He is still saying that the majority of fans are behind him! I read that in an interview yesterday so people who say that their love of Rovers will be passed off as support for him and Venkys are totally correct.

Nobody is questioning your loyalty bestierover but many long standing supporters are now seeing through the utter bullshyte that is Veny's/Kean et al.

the lies and deceit can only go on for so long...

You mention the old second division,the club was in so much better hands even in those rough times.

The excrement has been apparent for a considerable time now. Albeit, the media has a strange spin on matters.

Old times. Indeed, things were much better. Being in the 100 club in the Nuttall St stand with Simon Garner and his Woodbines and mild.

He is still saying that the majority of fans are behind him! I read that in an interview yesterday so people who say that their love of Rovers will be passed off as support for him and Venkys are totally correct.

Let him bull all that he wants. He has to go, eventually...........

Things will change.

Btw. This view is not intended to detract from efforts to speed his exit, alongside that of our appalling owners.

Slightly drunk reply...

Call me insane or whatever you want, I still get some things from going to Ewood. For me it's less about the football nowadays and morew about the family aspect, as it is a good chance for me to see my family. I have been going to watch Rovers with my dad for over 20 years, and I will be going long after Kean and most likely Venkys.

Ultimatly this is the only reason I muster the effort at the moment, but it only takes a slight positivist as me to see fun times around the corner whatever league we are in. I understand the concerns regarding financial matters but for me the buzz will stay at Ewood whilst I make the effort. The club is mine whoever owns it, corrupt or what. Everyone who slags me for having this attitude can go fornicate themselves with a rusty spanner.

Thing is TAFKAJB (FMthat was hard!), you admit above that you are only going to rovers so that you can be with your Dad. It is good that you are doing things with your family but it really isn't a credible reason to be supporting venkies. You could easily go for a walk along the canal with your dad. I hope fun times are around the corner, but I doubt it will be watching premiership or even championship football. For now I refuse to give any money to the fraudsters from pune.

If I lived in the area then I would get a season ticket. A supporter supports their club during the good an the bad times.

But as I live over 300 miles away.i cannot.

Easy to say from the south coast.

Do you think the likes of GAV, SG194, Stuart, winstonsmith arent 'supporters'.?

If I lived in the area then I would get a season ticket. A supporter supports their club during the good an the bad times.

But as I live over 300 miles away.i cannot.

So in terms of contributing to the running of the club what do you do? Do you get behind the team when you are watching on your laptop? I know supporters who travel long distances to home games. For all your pontificating it appears you do very little apart from trying to tell fans who spend a lot of money (and care passionately) on Blackburn Rovers not to protest.

As somebody who has been watching them for over 35 years, I can honestly say this will be my last season watching Rovers whilst these idiots are in charge. I cannot support a regime that doesn`t give 2 hoots about the club and one that has such disregard for the supporters.

I say this with a heavy heart and i have given it a lot of thought over the course of the last 12 months but enough is enough.

As long as i`ve been watching the Rovers we ALWAYS had a board that had the club`s best interests at heart,even if we didn`t always have the money.

I can`t be the only supporter who feels so alienated from the club as we do now and for those who will get season tickets next year because it is seen as the `loyal` thing to do,I will ask you this,what ever happened to principles? Whatever happened to standing up and saying I don`t agree with your policies and the way you are running this wonderful club into the ground?

Your blind faith is only serving to endorse these amateurs.How much more damage do they need to do to Rovers before you say that`s it i`ve had enough? Because let`s face it,things WILL get worse with Venky`s in charge and deep down everybody knows it.

Here here Bacup Blue.

Time to draw a line in the sand and say 'enough'

They seem to of forgot, the club is nothing without our voice.

Phase 2 of operation Venky is coming..... Ground share when they sell the Ewood.

The Crown ground will hold what is left of our support.

As somebody who has been watching them for over 35 years, I can honestly say this will be my last season watching Rovers whilst these idiots are in charge. I cannot support a regime that doesn`t give 2 hoots about the club and one that has such disregard for the supporters.

I say this with a heavy heart and i have given it a lot of thought over the course of the last 12 months but enough is enough.

As long as i`ve been watching the Rovers we ALWAYS had a board that had the club`s best interests at heart,even if we didn`t always have the money.

I can`t be the only supporter who feels so alienated from the club as we do now and for those who will get season tickets next year because it is seen as the `loyal` thing to do,I will ask you this,what ever happened to principles? Whatever happened to standing up and saying I don`t agree with your policies and the way you are running this wonderful club into the ground?

Your blind faith is only serving to endorse these amateurs.How much more damage do they need to do to Rovers before you say that`s it i`ve had enough? Because let`s face it,things WILL get worse with Venky`s in charge and deep down everybody knows it.

this is how I feel too. Initially I felt that i wouldn't let them drive me out because it was my club, they were my players in that they seemed a t that time to care a bit about the club they played for. I know they weren't fans in the way we are fans but they had respect and felt an attachment. But it's not my club any more. If I write to the DCEO, I don't get a personal reply, not even one that he has instructed his secretary to write to me. It's a standard letter. If I have a complaint about anything at the club, I know my voice will not be heard. I am being ignored, treated with contempt and disregarded. Why should I pay for that? Only if there are no fans left might somebody somewhere notice that things are wrong and be moved to act. I don't hold with suggestions that we boycott games this season as tickets are already sold and they'll use it as an excuse when we are relegated "Oh, the fans couldn't be bothered so why should we?" But next year - that's a different matter. I know they will say "It's because we are in the Championship (if we're that lucky)" but we know that will not be so. In the champoinship with decent owners and a manager, most of us would be there.

Easy to say from the south coast.

Do you think the likes of GAV, SG194, Stuart, winstonsmith arent 'supporters'.?

My post was not intended a dig. I am not saying anybody is a not a supporter. Just good times and bad times are part of supporting a football club.

Archived