BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Community March

More like 500-600, Paul, at a conservative estimate.

Still nowhere near enough though...

People would rather watch a goalless, soulless match between two London teams.

I guess the majority ARE happy with Venkys and Kean - they certainly have no right to complain.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell you what the we want Venkys out chant was being sung from every part of the ground no doubt about that

Even the Jack Walker stand joined in (and the bast majority also clapped along)

Tell you what the we want Venkys out chant was being sung from every part of the ground no doubt about that

I was amazed at the uptake for the "We Want Venkys Out" chant - virtually all of the ground joined in.

Kudos to the Darwen end fans who started "2-0 and We Want Kean Out" chant too!

Another protest, another victory.

More like 500-600, Paul, at a conservative estimate.

Still nowhere near enough though...

People would rather watch a goalless, soulless match between two London teams.

I guess the majority ARE happy with Venkys and Kean - they certainly have no right to complain.

why because we dont want to do your marches. i was tempted on coming but i dont know what direction you are taking. if it was aimed at kean then i see it as pointless. if aimed at venkys then id be fully behind it but in the past ive seen the walks down from the brown cow and it just looks like a group of fans who have all had a drink singing rovers songs. you have done nothing to make me want to join in.

I was amazed at the uptake for the "We Want Venkys Out" chant - virtually all of the ground joined in.

exactly because it was directed at venkys. do you realise what the majority of the fans are willing to join in on.

Well done to everyone who joined the march. I'm proud of you all. Now let's get behind the boys for 90 mins!

And to all those who were stood outside the Blackburn end watching the Arsenal v Chelsea match when we arrived, as well as those audibly grumbling about the protesters having "caused our relegation" (whilst you did nothing), you can (Please don't use that word again) off the lot of you. You don't deserve a football club in your town.

You're entitled to your opinion Stuart. Im entitled to mine.

Walking from Blackburn Town Hall to Ewood will change nothing. I sing for my club, and I follow them home and away, and have done for years.

But No, cos I didnt march I dont deserve a club. You're wrong. It isnt MY FAULT - or yours for that matter.

why because we dont want to do your marches. i was tempted on coming but i dont know what direction you are taking. if it was aimed at kean then i see it as pointless. if aimed at venkys then id be fully behind it but in the past ive seen the walks down from the brown cow and it just looks like a group of fans who have all had a drink singing rovers songs. you have done nothing to make me want to join in.

exactly because it was directed at venkys. do you realise what the majority of the fans are willing to join in on.

Reading that ill-informed bunkum, I can tell you've never been on a single march.

Shame, you might have learned something. Like what it's like to stand up for something you believe in. A lot of good people go on the marches, not the drunken mob you suggest.

The aim is simple: Kean Out, Venkys Out.

You're entitled to your opinion Stuart. Im entitled to mine.

Walking from Blackburn Town Hall to Ewood will change nothing. I sing for my club, and I follow them home and away, and have done for years.

But No, cos I didnt march I dont deserve a club. You're wrong. It isnt MY FAULT - or yours for that matter.

Read again Stu. People who went to the ground to waych Chelsea v Arsenal INSTEAD of standing alongside their fellow supporters.

Watching Chelsea v Arsenal FFS. I mean F. F. S. where is the pride in that??

If half the people - half - who chanted Venkys Out during the game had marched, it would have made a massive statement - instead Kean and co can continue to claim it's still a minority.

Look at the time of my post. I was angered by what I saw at the ground. But I make no apology.

Reading that ill-informed bunkum, I can tell you've never been on a single march.

Shame, you might have learned something. Like what it's like to stand up for something you believe in. A lot of good people go on the marches, not the drunken mob you suggest.

its not ill informed as ive witnessed it but obviously your the kind of person that is never wrong. as the guy above said, walking from the town hall to ewood doesnt make you or anybody else a better fan than others. the singing in the ground sent a clear message that more than likely wont be heard as usual

Read again Stu. People who went to the ground to waych Chelsea v Arsenal INSTEAD of standing alongside their fellow supporters.

If half the people - half - who chanted Venkys Out during the game had marched, it would have made a massive statement - instead Kean and co can continue to claim it's still a minority.

Look at the time of my post. I was angered by what I saw at the ground. But I make no apology.

but so did the singing. why does everything have to be on the protesters terms. i appreciate what the protesters do and applaud them for it but a lot of people dont want to do them. just because you follow the prtests and take part doesnt mean its what everyone else should do

You obviously didn't go on the march then.

If the 'majority' joined in then they would get their point across better to venkys. no use watching chelsea arsenal then singing for 2 mins in the ground. no wonder Kean thinks he can just dismiss the anti-venkys feeling.

I didnt march.

I watched a little bit of the Arsenal Chelsea match on the "big" screen. I then went into the ground and did what I always do at Ewood - Chat with my 10 year old about the footy, have a laugh with some of my mates. Arrange transport for the next away match.

Your post could well be aimed at what I did today Stuart. Key word in "opinion" - we are getting relegated - I didnt cause it.

Perhaps if I saw anyone who "organise" the marches anywhere other than Wigan away Id be interested - but Im of the opinion certain people are self serving. I trust them the same as I trust the current owners of OUR Football club. Not at all.

Doesn't come across that way in your posts.

because i dont appreciate when protesters get at other fans for not taking part in the marches. as i said i was tempted on taking part today but for me they were aimed at kean far to much. but just because i dont take part doesnt mean that some fans are better than others. thats 1 thing that winds me up on the protesters

Yep you succeeded in making Blackburn fans look completely idiotic and like we were unhappy we were winning the game and therefore might have a slight chance of staying up.

Way to go.

Yep you succeeded in making Blackburn fans look completely idiotic and like we were unhappy we were winning the game and therefore might have a slight chance of staying up.

Way to go.

Typical moronic, knee-jerk reaction.

This has gone beyond ONE GAME and you know it. Actually, scratch that. You obviously can't look past your own nose.

Way to go.

Rubbish.

Anyone with a brain could work out that people can see past a win against Norwich, the bigger picture is that Venkys and Kean have destroyed the club.

I didnt march.

I watched a little bit of the Arsenal Chelsea match on the "big" screen. I then went into the ground and did what I always do at Ewood - Chat with my 10 year old about the footy, have a laugh with some of my mates. Arrange transport for the next away match.

Your post could well be aimed at what I did today Stuart. Key word in "opinion" - we are getting relegated - I didnt cause it.

Perhaps if I saw anyone who "organise" the marches anywhere other than Wigan away Id be interested - but Im of the opinion certain people are self serving. I trust them the same as I trust the current owners of OUR Football club. Not at all.

I took my 9 year old on the march. There were many children there (and old folks). I want my lad to be able to say he stood up for something he believed in, he fought for his club. Not be able to remember watching a 0-0 game between two London teams on a big screen behind the Blackburn end stand. It may not change the world but it might be the final straw, it might not, but at least me and my lad can say we tried.

I can see that I'm not going to be able to convince you of much, Stu, so nothing I can say will convince you these people are not "self-serving" as you put it. (Have you spoken to any of them?). You can only find that out by going along to one of these marches/protests and seeing how they are organised. If you could have seen Glen simply blending in with the other orange-bibbed men and women who were stewarding the protests making sure that everyone was safe, that no-one got arrested, or run over! He didn't grab the limelight or try to be seen as the protest leader. If you could have seen the bloke in his 50s who got up to address the crowd outside the Jack Walker stand. He was so far out of his comfort zone it was amazing he even had the guts to get up there. But he did. His voice was shaking and he clearly hadn't prepared a speech, but he spoke from the heart. It's disrespectful, and a little cheap, to call these people self-serving - and I bet you wouldn't to his face. He was just an ordinary chap - like you or me - but you could tell he meant every word. (I can think of several people who are self-serving though! ;) )

However, you are spot on about one thing, it is only my opinion and you are entitled to disagree but I make no apology because it's something I feel strongly about, and dismissive comments such like EWOODACE1's are sadly representitive of a lot of fans. They mutter and grumble and expect other people to do something. Well some other people are doing something and they deserve a bit more credit than they are getting.

I'll tell you what though I bet that a greater percentage of those who are protesting will renew than the percentage of non-protesters.

You couldn't be more wrong Rev, it was fantastic to see Ewood like that, especially when winning, fickle we ain't. 'Venkys out', mixed up with a few 'normal' chants, a tremendous.

statement.

As the BBC report said 'Loud Anti-Venky's chants, but a great hand for the players'

I marched as always, but let's be frank they are a waste of time, like Pompey, like Liverpool, you will never get more than a small minority. That's why the in game chanting was a masterstroke for the cause.

Ps the 'fan village' sprouting up was like somethng out of North Korea.

Thank you to everyone who attended todays community march, it was by far the biggest held this season whilst there was well over a 1000 who marched, as im sure the video's taken will show when they go up on you tube.

It was held in good spirit and every sung their hearts out for the whole 2 miles. Lots of colour, messages, blue and white. Lots of new faces attending their first march, and a great effort from Maureen Bateson to start the march off.

The club officials were shocked by the numbers and conceded it had dwarfed any previous protest.

The Police commended the supporters for their conduct and was thrilled they never had to Police it or get involved in any shape or form.

Whats even more pleasing is the atmosphere in Ewood was electric and the boys put in a top shift and got us 3 massive points.

I took my 9 year old on the march. There were many children there (and old folks). I want my lad to be able to say he stood up for something he believed in, he fought for his club. Not be able to remember watching a 0-0 game between two London teams on a big screen behind the Blackburn end stand. It may not change the world but it might be the final straw, it might not, but at least me and my lad can say we tried.

Ive tried as well Stuart. Marching from Blackburn to Ewood might have made you feel better. Why do you think it makes you a better fan than me?

I can see that I'm not going to be able to convince you of much, Stu, so nothing I can say will convince you these people are not "self-serving" as you put it. (Have you spoken to any of them?). You can only find that out by going along to one of these marches/protests and seeing how they are organised.

What makes you think I haven't? My picture was in the national press on one of them.

If you could have seen Glen simply blending in with the other orange-bibbed men and women who were stewarding the protests making sure that everyone was safe, that no-one got arrested, or run over! He didn't grab the limelight or try to be seen as the protest leader. If you could have seen the bloke in his 50s who got up to address the crowd outside the Jack Walker stand. He was so far out of his comfort zone it was amazing he even had the guts to get up there. But he did. His voice was shaking and he clearly hadn't prepared a speech, but he spoke from the heart. It's disrespectful, and a little cheap, to call these people self-serving - and I bet you wouldn't to his face. He was just an ordinary chap - like you or me - but you could tell he meant every word. (I can think of several people who are self-serving though! ;) )

Why are you introducing Glen Mullan into the conversation?

However, you are spot on about one thing, it is only my opinion and you are entitled to disagree but I make no apology because it's something I feel strongly about, and dismissive comments such like EWOODACE1's are sadly representitive of a lot of fans. They mutter and grumble and expect other people to do something. Well some other people are doing something and they deserve a bit more credit than they are getting.

I'll tell you what though I bet that a greater percentage of those who are protesting will renew than the percentage of non-protesters.

I cant comment on the last point - its a stat isn't it.

Whatever the outcome Stuart - Im still at a loss to understand why I don't deserve a team because I didnt march today - the original point.

Did I deserve a team when I went to Swansea? Or Norwich? Or City? Or Cardiff on a wet Tuesday night? Or when I dragged one fan off another on the train home from Wiggin? Or at Bolton? Or at......

Fans turning on other fans. Not acceptable here.

I didnt march. I still deserve a football club.

Whatever the outcome Stuart - Im still at a loss to understand why I don't deserve a team because I didnt march today - the original point.

If people went to Ewood Park to watch the Chelsea-Arsenal match when they could instead have just as easily gone to a march aimed at keeping the pressure on those who run our club - then, although it was posted in the heat of the moment, I stand by my comment.

If you are still at a loss to understand why I think that then I there's nothing else I can say.

I don't know you from Adam but even if we were best mates, I would still think the same.

Way to go.

Typical fickle fan. Win, lose or draw venkean WILL take us down. Let me guess you are the type of fan foaming at the mouth wanting kean/venkys out when we are losing but if we win go home happy.

Rovers fans should always be unhappy prem or not, win or not as long as venkys/kean are in charge we are doomed.

Stuart, I went to Ewood to watch rovers against Norwich. I happened to get there a bit early so me and boy grabbed a drink. Chatted with a friend or two and caught ten mins of the footy.

I'm still at a loss why I don't deserve a team. Only 800 marched. I do not believe the marches put any pressure on the owners - they don't care. At the match is far more important.

Shall we agree to disagree?

Archived