BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Steve Kean Sky Sports Interview

AJW

Another classic "comical Ali - there are no Americans in Baghdad" moment from Steve

at about 1 minute interview the reporter asks Steve about how he deals with the stress and how he cant see a cat ..... listen to Steve's reply and just look at whats in the cupboard over his his left shoulder

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16467_7664015,00.html

Did I hear right? Did Kean actually use losing the likes of Samba, Nelsen, Emerton & Andrews as an excuse?

YOU LET THEM GO, YOU JERKOFF.

Come on Toppers. The man has made, and continues to make many mistakes. But i don't believe he had much choice in Samba, Nelsen or Emerton. It seems to me that Venky's are putting crazy demands on the club financially. Kean keeps schtum because he weasled his way into the job, but lets be honest, the Venky clan are the root cause of the problem. You've only got to look at the transfer targets we had at the start of the Venky's era compared to Keans comments in that interview. They promised him as much as they promised us. We ended up with Bradly Orr. Yes he's been an awful manager for us, but he has been lied to as well. Don't misinterpret this as vocal support for him or the job he's doing. But he was sold a lie the same way we were. He was just stupid enough to wax lyrical about the grand plans in the first place.

Come on Toppers. The man has made, and continues to make many mistakes. But i don't believe he had much choice in Samba, Nelsen or Emerton. It seems to me that Venky's are putting crazy demands on the club financially. Kean keeps schtum because he weasled his way into the job, but lets be honest, the Venky clan are the root cause of the problem. You've only got to look at the transfer targets we had at the start of the Venky's era compared to Keans comments in that interview. They promised him as much as they promised us. We ended up with Bradly Orr. Yes he's been an awful manager for us, but he has been lied to as well. Don't misinterpret this as vocal support for him or the job he's doing. But he was sold a lie the same way we were. He was just stupid enough to wax lyrical about the grand plans in the first place.

He could have walked away PV.

But for all his dignity, that is beyond him.

No way will I ever feel an OUNCE of sympathy. He has made his bed, now he "lies" in it.

• Backroom

Did I hear right? Did Kean actually use losing the likes of Samba, Nelsen, Emerton & Andrews as an excuse?

YOU LET THEM GO, YOU JERKOFF.

I can kind of understand the Samba situation, as he's been itching for a move for some time.

Nelsen, Emerton and Andrews though? Let's not forget Kean didn't just let them leave... he let them leave for FREE despite EVERY ONE OF THEM BEING UNDER CONTRACT.

Of course, the interviewer doesn't mention that :rolleyes:

Btw PV, Kean and Venky's are interchangeable. Don't make the mistake of separating them.

No way will I ever feel an OUNCE of sympathy. He has made his bed, now he "lies" in it.

As i said Stuart, i'm not banging the Steve Kean drum. He got that job by very dubious means. Yes he could have walked away. Yes he should have walked away. But putting any personal feelings to one side, it would seem very obvious he has had the rug pulled from under him. Does he deserve it? Yeah, probably. But i find little solace in thinking he got his comeuppance because it is entirely at our expense.

Btw PV, Kean and Venky's are interchangeable. Don't make the mistake of separating them.

Once upon a time. Now he only toes the line because he knows he won't get another job off the back of his ###### poor performance. I think that relationship is far from the cosy one it used to be.

Not that it matters. We're still stick with him.

Puppets rarely have any choice. They simply dance to their master's tune. And that's what Kean is: a puppet, a yes-man, a flunky. They are a match made in heaven. Venky's say jump and Steve asks how high. Any self-respecting individual wouldn't tolerate having their senior players shifted out the backdoor or their team selection budgeted for them. Kean, however, doesn't care. He continues to sing the owner's praises and invite Sky to his house for tea and sympathy. He is indicative of everything wrong at this club. So forgive me if I'm not buying that he's any kind of injured party here.

Love the way he use youth as an excuse, love the way he use losing experience even though he got rid of them, or was at least puppet master for getting rid of them. Why do the dicks in the media not ask good questions, like those about Myles, Vuckovic the brazilian et al. I found it very interesting the use of th eword ASSETS in describing the yuoung players and their potential worth. HE and the Venky's are a cancer on this great club of ours and it just infuriates me how he seems to come out as a poor hard done by hero of sorts. HAte the man simply hate him. I watched with great interest Martinez and his emotion, animation and involvement in Wigans games then look at our gormless looking damp squid on the sidelines, god I hate him.

I couldn't disagree more. I think he's been in on it from the start. He's always known we'd be surfing the bargain bin.

I couldn't disagree more. I think he's been in on it from the start. He's always known we'd be surfing the bargain bin.

Off course he has, poor steve Kean who never quite forced his way into the celtic team and traveled the world seeking a career, finally finds his golden pay cheque in football.

This is why he hasn't fallen on his sword as others claim. If he hadn't know he would be spouting off as every manager would be or quitting but he's not, he's saying how lovely the overlords are.

Football owes poor stevie.

3cb6bfd9.jpg

"I don't even have a dog".

Who wouldn't trust that face?

Btw does anyone have a box like the one in the corner the can take a picture of for comparison? It's crying out for an inset photo and caption but I don't have the tools.

Trouble is though......WE all lie in it with him too!!

That's not even his house. In fact Kean still lives in downtown Glasgow. In a old Buckfast bottle, on a guano stained armchair. He survives on discarded dogends and rainwater, kindly left to him by his Indian paymasters, Glasgow branch.

Poor Steve. How does he do it? Bless him. I blame the fans.

Archived