BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Season's Book of Kean's most ridiculous Statements

TBTF

22 Nov 2011

"Yes, there have been discussions about a new contract, but I have told the owners that this is an inappropriate time to conclude any new contract discussions."

23 Nov 2011

"No, the length of the contract is the same. I'm just delighted the owners have backed me and the players are totally behind what we are trying to do."

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‘In Dalmarnock you had to have your wits about you. You needed a sixth sense for danger and trouble and developed the kind of survival instincts that I think have stood me in good stead.

‘The main objective was getting to and from school in one piece. I would get the occasional hiding but I would find different ways to get there. You couldn’t walk the most direct route.’ My link

Kean attended St. Maurice's High School in Cumbernauld a new town on the outskirts of Glasgow where he grew up and Dalmarnock is approximately 15 miles away

But Kean believes that Raúl, 34, remains determined to leave the Bundesliga after discussing the possibility of a move to Blackburn with Rovers full-back Michel Salgado -- a former team-mate with Real and Spain.

Kean said: “We had the funds in place to make the transfer happen and we knew what it would cost. We were willing to pay it and Raúl was desperate to come, but he’s under contract at Schalke.

“We got the feeling speaking to Michel that he fancies it, though. We had the impression it was do-able, but we just needed the final piece, that Schalke would let him go.

We thought they would, but we got a strong fax back from them saying he wasn’t available at any price.

“Raúl had an understanding that, if he wanted to leave, it would have been easier than it’s panned out for him. It seems to be fizzling out at the moment, but it moves forward to the next window now.

“Michel is a friend of Raúl’s and they speak. He was anxious to give us a go and we were delighted with that. We felt it would fall into place and we were told that he was disappointed not to come.

“But he could still do a job in a few months’ time. I don’t think it’s dead and buried, but we’ll have to wait and see if he becomes available.”

Having completed their takeover of Blackburn last November, Indian owners Venkys had claimed that the club would be signing star players during both of the last two transfer windows.

The failure to sign Raúl follows similar unsuccessful attempts to tempt Ronaldinho and David Beckham to Blackburn, but Kean insists that the search for a stellar signing continues.

“During this window, we’ve been speaking to players of a very high calibre.” Kean said. “We’ll keep going. The ones we really want to go for are the ones that can still play in this league.

“If you can get a player of profile then great, but more important is a player that can still do the business.

“The big name will happen. We’ll be making funding available and we’ll be willing to get the players who demand these kind of salaries.

“We had it sitting there waiting with Raúl, but unfortunately, we couldn’t get him.”

Smell the bullsh*t

• Backroom

Where do you start?

"We are in a position where we have forfeited going through and having the chance to reach a cup final.

"We have games against sides within touching distance of us in the league.

"We need to treat those games as cup finals."

Steve Kean after Rovers limp 2-0 defeat to Cardiff. Only a day before he had declared we would go all out to win the match.

"We've got a list and I will get a meeting with the owners in the next three or four days," Kean said.

"Hopefully we will be bringing in fresh faces and some quality in the window to compliment what we have already got."

Steve Kean on the January 2012 transfer window which saw Chris Samba and Ryan Nelsen leave, to be replaced by Bradley Orr and Marcus Olsson.

"The most important thing is 99% of the fans didn't demonstrate"

Steve Kean on Blackburn Rovers 2-0 loss to Stoke, during which 99% of the fans chanted for him to leave.

"I think where you are brought up has a lot to do with it. I was brought up in a very tough area in the east end of Glasgow where you had to survive. You had to try and get to school and back every day in one piece."

Steve Kean remembers growing up in Cumbernauld somewhat differently to the rest of the population.

""When my playing career finished much quicker than I was expecting [due to a broken tibia and fibula] I thought: 'What am I going to do? I don't know anything else apart from football.'"

Goodness knows how bad Steve Kean is at everything else.

"I hope what we are trying to do has not been lost on people."

Steve Kean on the elusive 'project'.

"The criticism maybe came because some big-name players were meant to come to the club and people thought that wasn't true. But they were genuine attempts to put us on a level through a player of that ilk. We tried hard on a couple and they didn't come off but if the opportunity arises again, I think we will have another go. They would have to add to the team, though. We want them here to play, not to graze."

Steve Kean on his FM game as manager of Blackburn Rovers. The reality is somewhat different.

"‘The main objective was getting to and from school in one piece. I would get the occasional hiding but I would find different ways to get there. You couldn’t walk the most direct route.’"

Steve Kean on growing up with ginger hair.

"I live in the area but I don’t go out in Blackburn because I can’t. You just never know who you might run into."

Steve Kean on surviving the rough streets of Blackburn where he has been attacked and threatened zero times.

"You don’t go to Old Trafford with the youngest team in Blackburn’s history, average age 22, and get a result like that if you’re not at it."

Steve Kean conveniently ignores the majority of his results, as usual, and focuses on a fluke win.

"I talk to people in the village and they can see what we're trying to do. They can see the way we're trying to play football, and they tell me 'keep going'."

Steve Kean on one of his many LSD trips to "the village".

You could literally go on forever, the amount of crap that he comes out with is astounding.

And more from the Jerome ooops Matt Lawton article, this time contradicts his own lies.

‘I live in the area but I don’t go out in Blackburn because I can’t. You just never know who you might run into. I hope the situation changes and against Stoke last week it did feel like things were improving. The fans were excellent. But it’s not ideal.’

‘I don’t go anywhere feeling any fear,’ he says.

Source

"‘The main objective was getting to and from school in one piece. I would get the occasional hiding but I would find different ways to get there. You couldn’t walk the most direct route.’"

Steve Kean on growing up with ginger hair.

:lol:

My 2 personal favourites:-

1. The January Transfer window just gone:-

We will just be discussing areas where we want to strengthen. I think we should be doing it that way because in the past names got out – not through our end – but maybe through the players being so excited about coming to Blackburn Rovers

So that's how the Beckham and Ronaldinho stories got out!

2. Trying to justify the Dubai trip last year:-

“Our break in Dubai went really well. From a medical point of view I have been told vitamin D levels were very high in the lads when they come back due to the sunshine."

Money well spent then!

'We feel that Myles Anderson is a player with great potential as a late developer,' Kean told the Lancashire Telegraph. 'He could become something of a Chris Smalling, who came through late in football and Myles has done the same because of his schooling.

'We think he has a lot of potential but there was the opportunity for him to go Scotland in January and we and he felt that would be a good experience for him.

'There was interest in him from a couple of Spanish clubs but he is our player and will be at our club full time in July.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1369232/Blackburn-boss-Steve-Kean-defends-Myles-Anderson-signing.html#ixzz1staesdZv

Edit: Sorry, Rochdale, just realised you've already posted this. Mods feel free to delete my repetition.

Can't blame Kean for this one but whilst we are on the subject of Myles Anderson remember the absolute classic his dad came out with during the infamous Sky interview when he said Myles did a tackle in a training game that was so good people at the club still talk about it now. Ha,ha,ha,ha! Pass me the cheque book!

I can't find the quote, but the recent one after the Givet incident at Swansea, where he came out with a David Brent-esque assessment of how well he handled the situation, is a particular favourite.

‘I phoned Sam the day he was sacked. I said I’d organise for him to come into the training ground and see the players. I said I’d pick him up and drive him in. I couldn’t have done that if I’d known anything about it beforehand.’ My link

Think Sam sees it different

That Lawton piece saves a lot of work lot's of lies in one place :)

A hell of a lot of Blackburn fans have sent messages of admission that they were a bit negative, but it’s now great that we’re going in the right direction.

That’s always nice to read. We’ve got positive feedback. We’ve got mail, e-mails and people personally coming up to me – day in and day out from supporters and football fans all over. It has changed now.

• Backroom

"We feel we are starting to look up rather than down, Kean said. We may be able to catch a few of the teams ahead of us but first we would like to reach the required number of points as quickly as possible and look forward to enjoying the summer."

Steve Kean, March 19 2012.

"I spoke with him [on Wednesday] and he knows he is not for sale," Kean said. "We have refused his transfer request and won't welcome any more bids. It is never nice when somebody hands in a transfer request but hopefully we can now move on."

Steve Kean on Chris Samba on 19 January 2012. Samba was sold days after the January English transfer window ended, leaving the club no time to bring in a replacement.

"This is the time to show bravery and courage, and also that you can back each other up," :unsure:(is he referring to NZonzi/Morton/Gael?)

"If you have a good gameplan and a good bunch of players you have a chance, and I've got both. :lol: The dressing room's not bouncing at the moment :P

“There will be thousands of kilo’s of chicken eaten at our training ground this year” Kean on Indian TV in October.

All the quotes in this thread are all in my book - and more. Venky's have come out with even worse.

“I am now becoming a big football fan. I was a hardcore cricket fan but that is all changing. My view has changed overnight.” Mrs Desai

What about this one from Graham Taylor.

“For the first time in many, many years I will be having roast beef for Christmas dinner rather than turkey or chicken. It will be my protest against what is happening at Blackburn Rovers and what is happening to our football in this country."

'I'm happy to meet any supporter and to be open about what we are trying to do at the club,' Kean said. 'But the thing that disappoints me (about the criticism) is that we've been playing well.

'On deadline day we were one of the clubs that were spending. Any time I've ever asked the owners to produce the cash to get someone I want they have always done it.'

My link

• Backroom

"I have not been surprised at how Phil Jones has settled into life at Manchester United one bit," said Kean. "When I first saw Phil down at the academy I thought 'this boy is a player'."

Steve Kean takes credit for discovering Phil Jones.

I can't find the quote, but the recent one after the Givet incident at Swansea, where he came out with a David Brent-esque assessment of how well he handled the situation, is a particular favourite.

'You might go to work one day and not really feel that great and if you have a good boss they will be understanding, and I felt I dealt with it well.'

"Judge us after the transfer window is closed."

We have done and we are still sh!t€.

'I'm happy to meet any supporter and to be open about what we are trying to do at the club,' Kean said. 'But the thing that disappoints me (about the criticism) is that we've been playing well.

He said something after the protests that he was willing to meet with fans, as long as it was 'safe'. Again milking the sympathy vote for all it was worth, as if he were going to be thrown into a prison cell with a couple of armed psychopaths.

• Backroom

"I don’t know if it is a large section of the crowd, and to be fair, I’m not really paying any attention to anybody who is staying behind."

Steve Kean on the importance of the fans.

"I know Junior wants to sign and everything is almost in place for him to put pen to paper on a very long contract."

Steve Kean is challenged to tell reporters the opposite of what is happening in regards to Junior Hoilett's contract negotiations. He succeeds.

"You never like to lose but we have shown in the past we can rally and put results together"

Steve Kean remembers results differently to everybody else.

Also last year after somebody got rid of Sam

I would be delighted to have the job,' said the Scot. 'If I do a good job, perhaps I will come into consideration.

'It is an exciting time for the club. They seem to have very big plans and if I can be part of that, I will be delighted.

'Hopefully it will be in a position that suits the bit I am good at, which is being out on the training ground, developing players and building teams. If that is the manager's job, great. HA HA HA HA HA

'You have to respect people that brought you to the club. Sam brought me here and showed a lot of confidence in me.

'He gave me my job and gave me a lot of say in what goes on at the club. I will always be grateful for that.' My link

What a f****** worm

Archived