SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Season's Book of Kean's most ridiculous Statements

TBTF

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His latest line in BS:

He said: “I can understand people saying it is out of our hands to a certain extent but if we get three wins we’ll be safe. So I think we can look at the table and think if we beat Tottenham and Wigan and then the last game we would definitely be safe and maybe even safe before that.

“We need to take each game by game but we need to try and win at least two games. If we get three wins we’ll be safe and we might even need even less than that. We can’t look at the Tottenham game and think it does not matter. We need to get points and try and win.

Is this the deluded ramblings of a fruit loop? or is it calculated nonsense to confuse the enemy

Steve Kean after the record breaking away match at Tottenham on 29 April, in which Rovers did not get a single shot on or off target:

"We were better in the second half, we kept the ball better" (Rovers had 29 % possession both halves)

"Our passing was loose, which had a big bearing on not getting more chances. But our shape was OK"

"We've had monumental results this season including back to back clean sheets"

"We will take the positives from the game"

"Despite the result against Tottenham we still retain the belief, we have to improve on aspects from today with the ball and we can certainly improve on the number of chances we've created"

Today to talk sport when asked if today's was the worst performance of season:

"I think as far as effort it was poor, but not in terms of work ethic".

I've re-read that quote a few times and it makes no sense!

At every Keanius press conference Karl Pilkington should fly in and shout 'Bullsh!t'

Karl should be put on standbye every time Keanius opens his mouth

Hey you are right.....

Steve Kean after the record breaking away match at Tottenham on 29 April, in which Rovers did not get a single shot on or off target:

"We were better in the second half, we kept the ball better" (Rovers had 29 % possession both halves) BULLSH1T

"Our passing was loose, which had a big bearing on not getting more chances. But our shape was OK" BULLSH1T

"We've had monumental results this season including back to back clean sheets" BULLSH1T

"We will take the positives from the game" BULLSH1T

"Despite the result against Tottenham we still retain the belief, we have to improve on aspects from today with the ball and we can certainly improve on the number of chances we've created" BULLSH1T

"Despite the result against Tottenham we still retain the belief, we have to improve on aspects from today with the ball and we can certainly improve on the number of chances we've created"

Very true - even for you it will be difficult to get less than zero. Although ...

Interesting contradictions from previous posts;

1. The January Transfer window just gone:-

We will just be discussing areas where we want to strengthen. I think we should be doing it that way because in the past names got out – not through our end – but maybe through the players being so excited about coming to Blackburn Rovers

So the club didn't leak, the players were so beside themselves at working under a master tactician they couldn't keep it to themselves.

But Kean refused to clarify any of his targets in the January transfer window, insisting he didn’t want to jeopardise the chance of bringing them to the club.

“We’ve got active bids that are out there and we hope that they will progress early on in the week,” he said. “But I don’t want to speculate or name anybody or give ones we’re after. We’ve done that before and it has come back to bite us.

“We’d rather just keep it quiet and then announce a press conference and show their faces once the contracts are signed.”

He just makes things up to suit the moment. Bizarre.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9677918.Kean__We_didn___t_lack_ambition_at_Spurs/

“I don’t think, if you are playing three versus two at the back and pushing your wide men on high, that is lacking ambition.

“Lacking ambition is if you come and play with one up. We were very ambitious, we wanted to play with two strikers, we wanted to keep Junior Hoilett and Yakubu up. I saw Norwich doing it here and they did it very well.

“We were better in the second but when we did win possession and frustrate them, we were a little bit loose in possession and that had a big bearing on us not getting enough goal scoring opportunities.

“In the second half we improved on that. We wanted to keep a front two because it is easy coming here and playing with one up.

Steve Kean after his Rovers side managed a record breaking 0 - zero - attempts on or off target versus Tottenham.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9679555.Boss_Kean_hits_back_after_critics_panned_Rovers____display_at_Spurs/?ref=twtrec

“We were on a very good run with back to back wins and clean sheets and we come up against Bolton and it is the biggest penalty shout you have seen at 0-0.

“Junior Hoilett was through and had a blatant foul on him. I am not one to complain but that was a massive factor because if we had scored the first goal we would have gone on to get three points against Bolton.

“I think that broke a sequence for us. Then we had a tricky run just like Tottenham had.

“The question was why have we gone on this run and that penalty was a big aspect of it. If we had got three more points that would be massive.

"I was advised that it would be in my interest to have somebody with me at all times, I was at a restaurant with my wife and children a few months ago and got a text message from a friend telling me to be careful.

There was stuff going out on Twitter from an activist group which identified the restaurant so that people could confront me.

The chap who protects me is a seventh dan in karate, but he is not big or butch or anything. He knows how to handle himself. It is a bit strange having him around, but there are some good things too. He is bloody interesting to talk to, for a start."

...Maybe you should have asked him for some football tips Steve!

"I was advised that it would be in my interest to have somebody with me at all times, I was at a restaurant with my wife and children a few months ago and got a text message from a friend telling me to be careful.

There was stuff going out on Twitter from an activist group which identified the restaurant so that people could confront me.

The chap who protects me is a seventh dan in karate, but he is not big or butch or anything. He knows how to handle himself. It is a bit strange having him around, but there are some good things too. He is bloody interesting to talk to, for a start."

...Maybe you should have asked him for some football tips Steve!

this thread should now be called - Kean's latest comments. Everyone of them will be worthy of a place

• Backroom

“Junior Hoilett was through and had a blatant foul on him. I am not one to complain but that was a massive factor because if we had scored the first goal we would have gone on to get three points against Bolton.

And he knows this how, exactly?

He already said it was 'written in the script' that Bolton were going to beat us so not sure why now suddenly having an early penalty would have altered that.

Archived