Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Season's Book of Kean's most ridiculous Statements

TBTF

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse given by Kean:

"Samba put a transfer request in."

Despite Samba only wanting to leave because he got broken promises from Kean and Venkys:

"...things have not happened as [the owner] said they would. I hope people understand me."

Steve Kean's recent interview:

"We are now taking one step backwards to push forward."

He almost seems like he is trying to pretend this was part of the plan.

"We have the basis of a good young side, we just have to add more experience."

You've just got rid of all the experience. And we are going to lose at least Hoilett.

"We have got new owners and I still think I am new into the job."

You've been here 18 bloody months. I've been in my job 8 months now and I would never say I was new to it.

"Moving forward, I think it is going to be an exciting time for the club."

This is the most frightening time for the club in mine and a lot of supporters' living memories. If terrifying counts as exciting, then yes, it's exciting.

When asked if Venky's are the right owners for the club, Kean said: "100%."

They've quite clearly been hugely, hugely incompetent, stop being such a blatant bullshtting yes man.

"I know we have got many people employed at Ewood to put out different statements on different subjects."

That almost never issue statements on subjects. Paul's letter reveals nobody tends to know the answers, and only you have communication with India.

"The other parts of the club should be answered by the heads of those departments."

If Paul Hunt has been fired, who is above him to answer those questions? Only the Raos. Who of course, are unavailable for comment as usual, unlike when they used to spout crap out the mouth at every opportunity.

"I have been on radio shows and football forums on official websites and I have never not answered a football question."

Saying words does not constitute an answer. You are constantly ducking football issues, with outright lies or blatant misdirection.

He said: "Most of the time, at home, the fans were more supportive."

Of the team, not of you. Ever heard one round of Stevie Kean's blue and white army this season? And by telling the world we are supportive when we don't chant for your head, you only encourage us to chant for your head to dispel that myth.

"They are disappointed, the same as everyone. We are all disappointed we are not going to be in the league but we gave it a really good go."

We DIDN'T! We absolutely capitulated at times, Spurs and City away in particular. We've been relegated with a game to go, and will very likely fall 9 points short of the usual points mark said to grant safety. What we've done is absolutely collapse from a mid table outfit to a relegated one.

When asked if fans deserved an apology for Rovers' sorry season, he said: "You would have to ask each individual fan."

Possibly the worst answer to any question ever. Jade Goody's remark: "Rio di Janeiro, isn't that a footballer?" is more intelligent. First, it's just a bit unfeasible to ask every single fan. Second, if you did, the overwhelming majority would definitely say yes. The fans made it pretty obvious what they thought on Monday. There was no one percent about it. Third, when do you NOT owe an apology for relegating a team? Only newly promoted teams' managers don't always owe this, and even they sometimes give it. When you get an established top flight team relegated, you give an apology even if you think you've just been unlucky. Fourth, YOU have been asked the question of whether YOU think we deserve an apology. And you've ducked it like everything else.

"I don't get anybody coming up to me and saying they deserve an apology."

Blatantly not true, and if it is, it's because nobody can get near you if they don't want to swallow your cock. Or because all they can bring themselves to say is "W@NKER!!! W@NKERRRRR!!!!"

Superb post

• Backroom

"The club was in a financial position where I don't think it was the most stable [before they bought it in December 2010]. Now we're in a very stable financial position – what we've not got, we've not got Premiership football which I think is really disappointing."

Steve Kean's been throwing this accusation out there a lot lately. Is there any proof to back up this claim? I distinctly remember JW saying we weren't a selling club any more and had become a trading club the summer before Venky's takeover.

I know our wage bill was high, but to my knowledge we weren't in any great financial peril and had a good relationship with the bank?

Also:

"Kean is now aware that some of his better players could be picked off in the close season. "That won't be a surprise," he said. "That's a reality with any team. I was doing it myself. I was thinking a few weeks ago: 'Who do we think is going to go down and who have they got who could do us?'"

I guess what he meant to say was 'who have they got who is out of contract and mates with Jerome?'

• Backroom

Interestingly, whilst the liar has been using wage cuts as an excuse for selling players, THIS is what he said at the end of last season:

Kean said: “It was important to know what type of budget we had and it’s very healthy. The wage bill won’t be cut, there will be funds available.

“It’s a very competitive budget. Miles bigger than Rovers have had in the past.

“It was all positive and most enlightening for me to hear what they want to do next season and the season after.”

Really Steve, tell us another one :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to put together an article on this and I'm convinced that whilst it's content have now been used by over 500 sites, I'm convinced the Ryan Nelsen in traction quote is made up!

Anyone able to prove me wrong?

Kean said: “It was important to know what type of budget we had and it’s very healthy. The wage bill won’t be cut, there will be funds available.

“It’s a very competitive budget. Miles bigger than Rovers have had in the past.

“It was all positive and most enlightening for me to hear what they want to do next season and the season after.”

"Miles bigger"-------that's a good one! He's a card is old Steve!

I've been trying to put together an article on this and I'm convinced that whilst it's content have now been used by over 500 sites, I'm convinced the Ryan Nelsen in traction quote is made up!

Anyone able to prove me wrong?

Not quite what you are looking for but the last sentence of the article is a Kean quote. Obvious bullshit alert:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4044293/Ryan-Nelsen-hopes-his-career-can-be-saved-by-New-Zealand-rugbys-All-Blacks-medical-geniuses.html

• 2 months later...

Archived