BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Worst Team of last ten years

Tried to pick a team of players who had many opportunities to shine, but were consistently poor.

GK Alan Fettis (Never saw him make a SINGLE save)

RB John Curtis

LB Callum Davidson

CB Scott Dann

CB Christian Dailly

M Keith Andrews

M Martin Andresen

M Per Frandsen

M Damian Johnson

F Ashley Ward

F Kevin Davies

SUBS

Alan Kelly

Darren Peacock

Simon Grayson

Lee Carsley

Corrado Grabbi

Jeff Kenna

Dominic Matteo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to pick a team of players who had many opportunities to shine, but were consistently poor.

RB John Curtis

Which is why he was ever-present in our promotion season?

RB John Curtis

LB Callum Davidson

CB Scott Dann

CB Christian Dailly

M Keith Andrews

M Martin Andresen

M Per Frandsen

M Damian Johnson

F Ashley Ward

F Kevin Davies

SUBS

Alan Kelly

Darren Peacock

Simon Grayson

Lee Carsley

Corrado Grabbi

Jeff Kenna

Dominic Matteo

There was a shockingly bad striker called per pedersen at one point too.

I didnt think damian johnson was too bad really

Damian Johnson, Simon Grayson, Lee Carsley, John Curtis, Alan Kelly and Jeff Kenna should be nowhertr near our worst team of the last ten years :blink:

Also you can't include Chimbonda for one reason.

7936818.jpg

Damian Johnson, Simon Grayson, Lee Carsley, John Curtis, Alan Kelly and Jeff Kenna should be nowhertr near our worst team of the last ten years :blink:

7936818.jpg

Cant include Marcus Bent for the same reason

7936818.jpg

I was fixated with trying to pick a 'Team.'

Curtis (I concede i'm probably a bit harsh on him.. but still) I think he was a weak link.

Damian Johnson never beat his man, ran across the pitch.

Grayson was dire for us in 1999/00

Carsley all he was good at was penalties. He was slow, negative and never effected a game. Hence Souey got rid as soon as he could.

Kenna could never understand how he got a game.

Alan Kelly was poor for us.

It's all subjective and a personal opinion.

And yet all of those players are better than what we currently have, barring a few exceptions (Yak, Hoilett). I was never a Carsley fan but let's face it, he'd be welcome right now.

RB John Curtis

LB Callum Davidson

CB Scott Dann

CB Christian Dailly

M Keith Andrews

M Martin Andresen

M Per Frandsen

M Damian Johnson

F Ashley Ward

F Kevin Davies

SUBS

Alan Kelly

Darren Peacock

Simon Grayson

Lee Carsley

Corrado Grabbi

Jeff Kenna

Dominic Matteo

The really frigtening thing is that we paid some (then) top, top money for some of these.

I think Dailly was about £5.2M and Davies was £7M back in the nineties - to put it in perspective, at around the same time arsenal paid around the same money for Denis Bergkamp...

Hughesy was a god-send for us signing players like Samba for £400K

I remember this game. Can you remember who it wad against?

Jordan - surely you weren't that drunk on the half beer/half water concoction they were selling at the ground!! it was weird how annoyed everyone was at that penalty miss in a pre-season friendly!

And yet all of those players are better than what we currently have, barring a few exceptions (Yak, Hoilett). I was never a Carsley fan but let's face it, he'd be welcome right now.

I was trying to avoid picking those that were still here. I had to pick Dann. :angry:

You're right. They'd probably all be welcomed. That's how bad we are!

I have also found myself wishing Ince was manager instead of Kean!

I'm not joking! That's a whole other topic.. :(

Treacey before Peter for me, he's ok in lower leagues but he was terrible at rovers.

I think Sergio peters problem was attitude, I think his last action for rovers was chipping a penalty in pre season and missing.

Whatever happened to Jemal Johnson I expected him to be good.

Rigters must be up there with out worst strikers. Maybe Van Heerden warrants a place but I wouldn't know if he even exists

I think Johnson was at MK Dons until quite recently. Think he ended up in League 2 (Barnet?) after that.

The really frigtening thing is that we paid some (then) top, top money for some of these.

I think Dailly was about £5.2M and Davies was £7M back in the nineties - to put it in perspective, at around the same time arsenal paid around the same money for Denis Bergkamp...

Hughesy was a god-send for us signing players like Samba for £400K

Really frightening!

I remember being quite excited when we signed Davies. He showed real promise when 1st played at Southampton. He was overweight and lazy for us. Never won a single header!

Dailly was a panic buy, after Hendry left and we couldnt get Sol Campbell. Same applies to Nathan Blake, when Dion Dublin turned us down. To be fair Blake scored a few and started the promotion season very well.

I almost weep when I look at how much money Kidd and Hodgson spent! An absolute fortune. :(

Who was the Spanish guy who played up front for us in The Worthy Cup final? Anyone know what happened to him?

Amouruso was awful. Think we payed £1.5m for him and let Rangers have Henning Berg on a free as well. When Amouruso was getting stick Souness said something along the lines of the fans were jealous of Amo's looks! There was always something homoerotic about Souey, being friends with Dale Winton didn't help.

As for Dino Baggio...

Really frightening!

I remember being quite excited when we signed Davies. He showed real promise when 1st played at Southampton. He was overweight and lazy for us. Never won a single header!

Dailly was a panic buy, after Hendry left and we couldnt get Sol Campbell. Same applies to Nathan Blake, when Dion Dublin turned us down. To be fair Blake scored a few and started the promotion season very well.

I almost weep when I look at how much money Kidd and Hodgson spent! An absolute fortune. :(

Hodgson on Dailly when he signed 'If you want the best you've got to pay big money' or words to that effect. He made some awful signings. Ashley Ward :lol:

There's a decent list of Rovers players HEREfrom 1946 to 2011, too many contenders on it for worst team and some I can't even remember like Bernard Gallacher on loan from villa 90/91 season? same season we loaned Mark Grew, really liked him . Looking at the list not many loan signing's worked out well.

RB John Curtis

LB Callum Davidson

CB Scott Dann

CB Christian Dailly

M Keith Andrews

M Martin Andresen

M Per Frandsen

M Damian Johnson

F Ashley Ward

F Kevin Davies

SUBS

Alan Kelly

Darren Peacock

Simon Grayson

Lee Carsley

Corrado Grabbi

Jeff Kenna

Dominic Matteo

At least 6 of that starting lineup are longer than 10 years ago you cheating bugger ;)

If you are playing those games I'm having Nathan Blake and Christian Dailly.

Striker was Yordi I think.

Amo was poor but strangely didn't mind him, too many errors due to poor concentration. Not quick enough too.

He is the only professional I have seen jump up for a header and it land behind him in a match...he managed this feat twice in a game :D

Always a threat on corners though...at both ends.

Hodgson on Dailly when he signed 'If you want the best you've got to pay big money' or words to that effect. He made some awful signings. Ashley Ward :lol:

Hodgson can't be blamed for Ward. Kidd signed him (sorry to nit-pick)! Ward was utterly useless. He robbed a living. I remember seeing his house on MTV Cribs! I can still picture it! :blink:

He is the only professional I have seen jump up for a header and it land behind him in a match...he managed this feat twice in a game :D

Always a threat on corners though...at both ends.

Funniest thing I've seen at Ewood was Peacock trying to judge a header, slipping - and the ball bouncing on the pitch and hitting him on his head as he hurtled towards the ground! :lol:

Even though Amo was off the pace, you've still got to love the big guy. You just never knew what he was going to do next. Never a dull moment with the "Italian Stallion" around.

Does anyone remember Wayne Gill? I remember watching him play one game in a league cup match and thinking he was Lee Carsley.

Hodgson can't be blamed for Ward. Kidd signed him (sorry to nit-pick)! Ward was utterly useless. He robbed a living. I remember seeing his house on MTV Cribs! I can still picture it! :blink:

Managed to get relegated from the Premier League FOUR times! :blink:

• Backroom

Ward is minted I think he and his wife are property developers or something along those lines and made a lot of money that way

Not that he would have needed it

I seem to recall seeing his house, think it had a gym on a balcony overlooking a pool and huge screen

Pick-away, i'm seldom right! He did rob a living, the lucky, useless, illegitimate! Lovely head of hair too. Double illegitimate :lol:

I think Johnson was at MK Dons until quite recently. Think he ended up in League 2 (Barnet?) after that.

Looking online it looks like you were right up until last season. He was sold to lokomotive Sofia in Bulgaria in 2010 - 2011 season and came back to England last year with Southend only to be sacked following getting arrested after a fight outside a nightclub. He now plays for Dover athletic, or at least he did until he was released a few hours ago.....

Even though Amo was off the pace, you've still got to love the big guy. You just never knew what he was going to do next. Never a dull moment with the "Italian Stallion" around.

Does anyone remember Wayne Gill? I remember watching him play one game in a league cup match and thinking he was Lee Carsley.

yes remember wayne gill well. he was from round my neck of the woods in leyland.

almost sure he got a really bad injury and couldnt play much after that, could be wrong though.

frank talia and richard brown were still around at that time I think.

Archived