BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Worst Team of last ten years

Been thinking what is the worst starting eleven that rovers could put out from the last ten years or from when we won the title?

Top of my head would be players like Grabbi, Fettis, Peacock.

What do you think? see who can the worst team barring in mind this current team is not for off lol.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashley Ward? Nathan Blake? Oh no, first Steve Kean guitar hero gets into my head, now Nathan Blake's considerable backside. It's a bad day already and now I have to go to a children's party.

Edit: And now I've just realised he left in 2001, so not relevant to this thread at all. I'll get my coat...

We have had several truly dreadful players over the years non more so than current lot but off top of my head some really useless donkeys to put on a rovers shirt:

Kevin Davis

Darren peacock

Jeffers

Andrews

Ashley ward

Grabbi

Matteo

Donis

Diawara

Nonda

Kounde

Ostenstad

Petrovic

Dann

Modest

For worst signings well keano has cornered the market hasn't he really. Petrovic, dann, anderson, riberio, modest, orr, goodwillie. They say dress for the job you want not the job you have well in this context buy players for the division you want to be in not what division are in so by that logic league one here we come.

Don't front on my man Grabbi. He knows the score.

David Yelldell

Bruno Ribiero - Dominic Matteo - Scott Dann - Bruno Berner

Barry Ferguson - Herold Goulon - Vince Grella - Javier de Pedro

Francis Jeffers - Nikola Kalinic

Manager: Steve Kean

• Backroom

As united fans used to sing about George Best!

At number one was Stevie Kean

At number two was Stevie Kean

At number three was Stevie Kean

At number four was Stevie Kean

At number five was Stevie Kean

At number six was Stevie Kean

At number seven was Stevie Kean

At number eight was Stevie Kean

At number nine was Stevie Kean

At number ten was Stevie Kean

At number eleven was Stevie Kean

And all the subs were Stevie Kean

And the physio was Stevie Kean

And the manager was Stevie Kean

And the pie seller was Stevie Kean

You get the general gist I'm sure

We have had several truly dreadful players over the years non more so than current lot but off top of my head some really useless donkeys to put on a rovers shirt:

Kevin Davis

Darren peacock

Jeffers

Andrews

Ashley ward

Grabbi

Matteo

Donis

Diawara

Nonda

Kounde

Ostenstad

Petrovic

Dann

Modest

For worst signings well keano has cornered the market hasn't he really. Petrovic, dann, anderson, riberio, modest, orr, goodwillie. They say dress for the job you want not the job you have well in this context buy players for the division you want to be in not what division are in so by that logic league one here we come.

Tells it's own story - Nonda, Donis, Matteo, Peacock, Andrews would all probably get in the team now.

Jason Roberts. Worst player I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt. Awful.

Gave 110% every time he pulled on the shirt though, Petrov will soon be the worst player to ever pull on the shirt, if he isn't already.

I dont think our current team is all that bad tbh, there have been plenty of matches this season where they have put in top performances but for some lunatic to implement his changes and "tactical" decisions to throw it all away, even in some of the games we have picked up points Kean seems to do his best to balls it up.

Maybe Kean uses this as lyrics for his songs when playing guitar "Today I made changes to the rovers team, Norwich pulled three back oh so it seems, but I wont tell desai cuz she is my dancing queen...."

If Kean was managing the league-winning side in 1995, they would have been the worst team in that era and would have been relegated too.

Surprised to see Kalinic's name mentioned above, I thought he had class, but wasn't used correctly.

People like Darren Peacock, Ashley Ward, Scott Dann, Bruno Berner, Franny Jeffers and Robbie Fowler have been absolutely woeful for us and none deserved to pull on the shirt.

Gresko was great until he signed. Also Nonda wasn't great, but did score a few for us.

Nissa Johansen was pretty bad too.

The current 1st team squad must be up there too, Not many can claim to have been good this season. Grella deserves particular mention of being highest paid player ever at Rovers based on cost per performance.

amoruso was a top bloke, played with passion, remember him scoring on his debut v wolves,

He was meant to defend and couldn't....

Jason Roberts. Worst player I have ever seen in a Rovers shirt. Awful.

Ho w anyone , can say this about Roberts when we have Goodwillie and Modeste on our books is totally beyond me ! There are plenty more still drawing a wage from the club , far worse...

Gamst Pedersen

Tore Pedersen

Per Pedersen

ha, I remember writing to Skysports News (and getting a reply!) when Tore Pedersen signed for Wimbledon and their little clip of him was actually Per Pedersen scoring his one and only goal for us.

Archived