BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Worst Team of last ten years

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How Is Martin Taylor not mentioned in any of this!!!???? what a lanky piece of p!ss he was! Worst defender to of put a rovers shirt on in my view, yet somehow he managed to collect a worthington cup winning medal. He was terrible.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion ....

alan fettis, not sure if hes been mentioned, got clapped by his our own fans when he saved a shot, kaba diawara, got substitued after coming on as a sub in a league cup game against rochdale, looking further back anyone remember paul warhurst? overhyped after a good season at sheffield wednesday then did sod all at rovers.

How Is Martin Taylor not mentioned in any of this!!!???? what a lanky piece of p!ss he was! Worst defender to of put a rovers shirt on in my view, yet somehow he managed to collect a worthington cup winning medal. He was terrible.

With this and the slagging of John Curtis, it can't be long till Rev's hissy fit..........

alan fettis, not sure if hes been mentioned, got clapped by his our own fans when he saved a shot, kaba diawara, got substitued after coming on as a sub in a league cup game against rochdale, looking further back anyone remember paul warhurst? overhyped after a good season at sheffield wednesday then did sod all at rovers.

My god ! 2 broken legs and he would still be better than anything we have today ! Did you see his first game at Liverpool ?

My god ! 2 broken legs and he would still be better than anything we have today ! Did you see his first game at Liverpool ?

Makes you wonder about the people you may be sat next to ! What are they watching ? The guy was brilliant before he got injured. Never the same after but he was class.

Warhurst scored an AMAZING goal against United. Can't find it online, but it truly was a cracker.

Souness signed 2 absolutely useless Spanish lumps - a centre forward called Yordi and a left-winger whose name I cannot recall. Anyone ?

Yordi did alright from memory.

Certainly bagged a few goals and handy in the air.

De Pedro was another matter...

Makes you wonder about the people you may be sat next to ! What are they watching ? The guy was brilliant before he got injured. Never the same after but he was class.

Warhurst would have been an England regular if it wasn't for injuries. Quick, could tackle, pass, and score. Someone mentioned the Liverpool game. I think he scored the winner. He ran the show. It took ages for us to sign him. Did we sign Batty in between attempts too?

I remember him starting off at Oldham as a striker.

Warhurst would have been an England regular if it wasn't for injuries. Quick, could tackle, pass, and score. Someone mentioned the Liverpool game. I think he scored the winner. He ran the show. It took ages for us to sign him. Did we sign Batty in between attempts too?

Could be wrong but didn't we sign him when Batty got injured ? Or did we sign Batty when he got injured ? He was looking to be a great signing when he broke his leg. It matters not really, top class player who had it all, physique, pace , two good feet, could read the game, head it , tackle, score goals, box to box engine. Apart from that the guy's right , he was crap. I know a good optician, he's not too expensive.

I think he played in the back four at Oldham. He ran us ragged as a centre forward for Sheff Wed in that game at Ewood, Patrick Anderson will remember him that's for sure. There's not many players that can play No 5 and No 9 and look born to the position.

• 3 years later...

Bumping up this thread........

Shane Duffy is becoming desperately close to joining some of these illustrious names.

I think I've only seen him play well once for us! Such a big lump. He's a prime example of the reason GB and Ireland don't produce enough world class footballers, he undoubtedly has been given opportunities because of his size.

Some of his defending against MK Dons was school boy stuff. Kilgallon must wonder what he has to do to get a game!

N.B. This thread also predates - Brown, Varney and the Portugese contingent!

I thought that this was a new thread.

I got to page 3 and wondered what people were thinking. Calling people like Dino Baggio - yes, not brilliant for Rovers but a much capped Italy international.

Then I saw a comment from me. It was only then I realized that it was years old.

I've not seen Bowyer's Rovers live but I'd wager that members of a team getting tonked 3-0 by MK Dons would get higher up the list than almost all of those who played for Rovers from 1991-2011.

Carlos Villanueva anyone? His star performance was against Blyth Spartans in the cup.

Fabio Nunes was a skillful little player. I wonder, had we hired someone like Paulo Sousa, if he would've been able to get more out of some of the Portugeezers.

Bumping up this thread........

Shane Duffy is becoming desperately close to joining some of these illustrious names.

I think I've only seen him play well once for us! Such a big lump. He's a prime example of the reason GB and Ireland don't produce enough world class footballers, he undoubtedly has been given opportunities because of his size.

Some of his defending against MK Dons was school boy stuff. Kilgallon must wonder what he has to do to get a game!

Another one who makes it in the pro game because of his sheer size. Quite good in the air defensive wise though gets caught out to often. Clumsy on the deck and easy to get past but the biggest problem is his distribution, it's shocking in every way unless he just punts it straight forward.

On his day he looks decent but only has a good game about 1 in 4 or 5 and that's no good at this level. Still don't think him and Hanley make a good partnership and big Grant's gone off the boil a bit - since the window shut :rock:

On another point with Duffy, if he could get over the ball correctly with his headers at the other end he'd have about 5 goals this season.

Duffy had a terrible game against MK, but he's done well over the last four or five before that. Not, I would say, our biggest issue at the moment.

Yep, it doesn't mean he can't or won't improve but it's beffudling how he can be good one min and so poor the next.

Archived