BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Worst Team of last ten years

Don't front on my man Grabbi. He knows the score.

David Yelldell

Bruno Ribiero - Dominic Matteo - Scott Dann - Bruno Berner

Barry Ferguson - Herold Goulon - Vince Grella - Javier de Pedro

Francis Jeffers - Nikola Kalinic

Manager: Steve Kean

Goulon, De Pedro, Jeffers, Kean, Dann would waltz into my side too.

I'd have Amoruso, Gresko, Fowler, Baggio, Grella (for lack of appearance, not ability) Grabbi and Basturk.

Who was the little blonde fella with no pace or ability but was once worth an absolute fortune at Lazio or something? Possibly Swiss?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goulon, De Pedro, Jeffers, Kean, Dann would waltz into my side too.

I'd have Amoruso, Gresko, Fowler, Baggio, Grella (for lack of appearance, not ability) Grabbi and Basturk.

Who was the little blonde fella with no pace or ability but was once worth an absolute fortune at Lazio or something? Possibly Swiss?

Dario Marcolin?

You just reminded me of Johann Vogel, he was a bit naf too!

I never rated Mokoena, chap sat behind me used to shout in a thick Irish accent, 'Don't give it to him!!!' so I wasn't alone with that feeling. Also, maybe just outside the ten year window, Per Frandsen!

You just reminded me of Johann Vogel, he was a bit naf too!

Was he?

I remember him making his debut during the tail-end of Hughes's last season and looked a useful player.

Then when Ince came in, he was mysteriously frozen out and was eventually potted. I hardly think he was one of our worst players in recent years, though.

I never rated Mokoena, chap sat behind me used to shout in a thick Irish accent, 'Don't give it to him!!!' so I wasn't alone with that feeling. Also, maybe just outside the ten year window, Per Frandsen!

A player of his style is exactly what we've missed all season. I'm sick of seeing opposition midfielders sauntering about with all the time in the world. The " Axe " would have given them the "hurry up".

A player of his style is exactly what we've missed all season. I'm sick of seeing opposition midfielders sauntering about with all the time in the world. The " Axe " would have given them the "hurry up".

I agree with that, he would have fit in very well with this team and probably won player of season. Problem is, how many of our current midfield would fill the starting 11 places in the worst team?

Always felt that Vogel and Basturk were never given a fair chance as they were both class players...although maybe their legs had gone or they weren't going to be match fit for 6 months (where have we seen that before?)

Anyway, not just in the last ten years:

Steve Harkness

Simon Grayson

Jon Stead (post-Cole)

Dino Baggio

Sebastien Perez (not entirely his fault, couldn't settle)

Gary Croft

Callum memoryescapesme (Scottish full back?)

And whatever happened to Hakan Unsal? Guy got unfairly sent off in the 2002 world cup...and promptly disappeared from the face of the Earth. I remember hearing nothing about him leaving the club.

Sebastien Perez (not entirely his fault, couldn't settle)

But one of our worst players? Not a chance. Guy was class but like you say he left for personal reasons.

Callum memoryescapesme (Scottish full back?)

Davidson. He was cack alright.

And whatever happened to Hakan Unsal? Guy got unfairly sent off in the 2002 world cup...and promptly disappeared from the face of the Earth. I remember hearing nothing about him leaving the club.

He basically used us to get into Turkey's WC squad and went back to Gala.

Vogel was excellent for us in a couple of matches. He played a huge part in a draw vs. Man Utd about 4 years ago, a game in which Friedel was immense. Always liked the fellow even before he joined Rovers, and no way should he be included in a "worst ever" team.

Also, Berner is an utter legend. I won't hear a bad word about my boy Bruno!

Its really hard to judge the current team as they play with no tactics and really seem confused most of the time.

But on the face of it this is the worst team I have seen. But wiat until we see next seasons rubbish............. (if kean is still around anyway)

Vogel was excellent for us in a couple of matches. He played a huge part in a draw vs. Man Utd about 4 years ago, a game in which Friedel was immense. Always liked the fellow even before he joined Rovers, and no way should he be included in a "worst ever" team.

Also, Berner is an utter legend. I won't hear a bad word about my boy Bruno!

Never got the Berner love - he was always awful when I saw him play.

Last 15 yrs as we havent had a truely awful goaly since Fettis

1. Fettis

2. Kenna (towards the end)

3. Croft

4. marcolin

5. Peacock

6. Dann

7. Douglas

8. Dunn (now not in his pomp)

9. Blake

10. Ward

11. Peter

11. Peter

I remembered Sergio Peter the other day. Wasn't he quite highly-rated in the academy?

Looking at his Wikipedia page, it's amazing to see how far he's fallen - and he's still only 25.

I remembered Sergio Peter the other day. Wasn't he quite highly-rated in the academy?

Looking at his Wikipedia page, it's amazing to see how far he's fallen - and he's still only 25.

Yeah he was the next Duff at one point. If memory serves he made a few league cup appearences i think but remember him more in ressies. Couldnt put duff or peds in at 11

• Backroom

Treacey before Peter for me, he's ok in lower leagues but he was terrible at rovers.

I think Sergio peters problem was attitude, I think his last action for rovers was chipping a penalty in pre season and missing.

Whatever happened to Jemal Johnson I expected him to be good.

Rigters must be up there with out worst strikers. Maybe Van Heerden warrants a place but I wouldn't know if he even exists

Players like Yelldell, Basturk, Vogel etc never really got a chance.

If we are looking at players who actually played and played badly...

.......................Fettis

chimbonda.....amoruso.......peacock....croft

donis.......konde..........andrews......treacy

..............ward.........blake

Players like RSC in his second spell, Salgado this season, broomes, baggio, marcolin, marcus olsson, dann etc also deserve a mention.

I think Sergio peters problem was attitude, I think his last action for rovers was chipping a penalty in pre season and missing.

I remember this game. Can you remember who it wad against?

Players like Yelldell, Basturk, Vogel etc never really got a chance.

If we are looking at players who actually played and played badly...

.......................Fettis

chimbonda.....amoruso.......peacock....croft

donis.......konde..........andrews......treacy

..............ward.........blake

Players like RSC in his second spell, Salgado this season, broomes, baggio, marcolin, marcus olsson, dann etc also deserve a mention.

A bit unfair on Amoruso ,a shocking defender but he wasn't a bad footballer , didn't Peacock have to retire after a few months atRovers ???

For me the centre back pairing would be Dann and Dailley .

Archived