BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

how many will actually stay?

roverandout

According to this website 8 players have already informed Kean they want out. these are:- Martin Olsson, Mauro Formica, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Radosav Petrović, Steven N'Zonzi, Rubén Rochina, Yakubu and Simon Vukčevic. Also Dann and Hanley have ask their agent to find them a new club.

http://bleedsbluenwh...HspGqw.facebook

The only players I'd be really interested in staying are unfortunately the genuinely talented ones that will undoubtedly be off like a shot.

Robinson Givet Martin Olsson Rochina Hoillet Yakubu.

I also wouldn't be averse to keeping Petrovic and Formica though I imagine they will also both want to leave. As will presumably Vukcevic who I haven't seen enough of to form a real opinion.

Maybe the players who aren't anywhere near as good as they seem to think they are will be able to get themselves fixed up

Dann Nzonzi Pedersen

There might be interest in the upcoming Hanley and Henley.

Surely not even Kean would try to sign Modeste permanently.

That will leave us with the likes of Jake Kean/Bunn/the bogstandard Orr/the useless Olsson twin/Jason Lowe/Dunny's failing legs and the so far extremely unimpressive Goodwillie. :unsure:

And a huge huge wheeling and dealing job to be done. The only thing you can say is that with all high earners likely to be off the wage bill our budget should be pretty competitive for 12-24 months whilst the parachute payments are in effect.

Where's Ken Furphy when you need him?. :blush:

Hanley might have caught the eye of a club or two while he was riding on the Phil Jones hype wave, but if Henley is snapped up I'll be extremely surprised.

BTW, writing about a relegation fire sale as a cold hard fact rather than theoretical speculation is sickening.

It's so sad but I feel no affinity with hardly any of the players these days, there aren't really any that I'd be bothered about never seeing play for us again.

I'd quite like to hang on to Hoilett, Yak and Olsson but with those 3 probably the most likely to leave it doesn't leave a lot left that I'm even slightly bothered about.

Would be interested to see how the likes of Vuckevic, Rochina, Formica and even Petrovic to a degree do in the Championship after they've now had the time to get used to English football but I wouldn't lose much sleep over any of them leaving.

There are probably more on the list that I'd like to see leave than I'd be bothered about staying that's for sure!

Of all the players who apparently want to stay, in my opinion, 3 are liabilities in terms of performance, 1 because of injuries and the other (Orr) can (Please don't use that word again) off as far as I am concerned. Didn't hear him slag off the fans but I take it he did and apparently he is behind Kean so what the f does he know and even allegedly stuck up for him against Givet.

Robinson is a hero but I feel he is sketchy from crosses which we will have to deal with a lot of and I was impressed with Bunn against Liverpool and Utd. Would love Hanley and Henley t stay. Don't know why we want to sell Goodwillie when him, Marcus Olsson and Bunn are the only older first-team players I can see staying.

Even if these players do wish to stay, if other teams from the prem or wherever come in for them then it can surely change their minds.

Priority for me especially if Givet leaves is a centre back......I have heard good things about Sean St Ledger at Leicester......my knowledge of Championship players is fairly limited but it is vital we get players in with these experience.......unless of course we manage to only lose the likes of Hoilett, Martin Olsson, Nzonzi and Yakubu but I highly doubt that will happen

I think you might be a bit too optimistic Pick. That back four and midfield would struggle even in the Championship.

The starting line up with the yak and jnr would struggle in the championship never mind that team above. Rovers fans need a wake up call, unless some quick fire decisions are made ie sacking kean and getting someone experienced in to take them up like a mick McCarthy type then next season could be equally tough losing the top players.

I hope rovers do well but the championship is a tough competitive league and will be harder next year with the likes of charlton and Wednesday replacing Doncaster and Portsmouth.

(I'm a Wednesday fan so don't call me a dingle, rovers are my 2nd team coming from a blackburn family.)

Guest Rovers4Good

According to this website 8 players have already informed Kean they want out. these are:- Martin Olsson, Mauro Formica, Morten Gamst Pedersen, Radosav Petrović, Steven N'Zonzi, Rubén Rochina, Yakubu and Simon Vukčevic. Also Dann and Hanley have ask their agent to find them a new club.

http://bleedsbluenwh...HspGqw.facebook

Out of the above i think 100% Pedersen will be out of here and that Martin Ollson will remain at the club. :)

That will leave us with the likes of Jake Kean/Bunn/the bogstandard Orr/the useless Olsson twin/Jason Lowe/Dunny's failing legs and the so far extremely unimpressive Goodwillie. :unsure:

And a huge huge wheeling and dealing job to be done. The only thing you can say is that with all high earners likely to be off the wage bill our budget should be pretty competitive for 12-24 months whilst the parachute payments are in effect.

Bunn is easily good enough - Orr (though his comments has upset many fans) is one of Keans better buys and well suited to the Championship, Lowe could easily find his feet in the Championship as could Goodwillie - and I think Olsson could really shine where the defenders will really struggle with his pace.

Ultimately did we get relegated because we had an inept manager - or because the squad wasn't good enough. Personally I would put at least 80% of it down to Kean - as I think the squad was (only just) good enough to stay up with a half decent manager.

Bunn is easily good enough - Orr (though his comments has upset many fans) is one of Keans better buys and well suited to the Championship, Lowe could easily find his feet in the Championship as could Goodwillie - and I think Olsson could really shine where the defenders will really struggle with his pace.

Ultimately did we get relegated because we had an inept manager - or because the squad wasn't good enough. Personally I would put at least 80% of it down to Kean - as I think the squad was (only just) good enough to stay up with a half decent manager.

but the squad by the beginning of the season will look a lot different to the one we have now. As the squad we have now looks soo different to the one we started with this season. I fear we are going to need a verg good manager and we may still have Kean...........

Personally, I think Robinson, Dann, Hanley, Givet, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Rochina, Formica, Hoilett, Yakubu, and Modeste will all go.

The only player left I feel would be a top Championship player is Bunn, whilst the likes of Lowe, Goodwillie, and Marcus Olsson may find their level.

Dunn would be great to have in the Championship, if only he could stay fit for more than two consecutive games.

Personally, I think Robinson, Dann, Hanley, Givet, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Rochina, Formica, Hoilett, Yakubu, and Modeste will all go.

The only player left I feel would be a top Championship player is Bunn, whilst the likes of Lowe, Goodwillie, and Marcus Olsson may find their level.

Dunn would be great to have in the Championship, if only he could stay fit for more than two consecutive games.

To be fair to the players until the manager/owner situation is sorted things are up in the air for them all.

Guest Rovers4Good

Personally i think Robinson, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Formica and Modeste will all be here next year and maybe even Dann. :)

I don't see why we would make the Modeste deal permanent after the way he played. Not even Kean is that stupid. I know some will say that he is, but it's one thing to play a useless player you already have, another thing to pay money for said useless player. I mean when he signed there was a chance he could be decent, at least on paper. Tall, fairly quick, former French U21 international. Now we all know what a player he is.

Let's just hope is agent isn't chummy with Anderson. Or Zahavi.

I think Goodwillie and Blackman could find themselves in the championship. Players who do well in the SPL tend to do well in the championship like ross McCormack, Kenny Miller and Barry Ferguson . I think it's the only strike partnership we'll be left with come the start of the season anyway so lets hope they continue the trend...

Contract situation expiring

Summer of 2016

Lowe

Rochina

Goodwillie

Petrovic

Dann

Olsson Martin (may be sold)

Hanley Grant

Slew

Formica

Vukcevic

Olsson Marcus

Orr

Yakubu (has a release clause)

Ribeiro

Henley Adam

Nzonzi (to be sold)

Pedersen

Dunn (combine with coaching duties)

Nick Blackman

Robinson (to be sold)

Givet (to be sold)

Linganzi

Bunn

2012 (all seem to leave)

Hoilett

Goulon

Grella

Salgado

Left under season 2012

Ryan Nelsen

Chris Samba

Keith Andrews

Whats your thought?

I can't see the players with contracts expiring 2014-2016 leave unless we get alot of money and they have a release clause.

Archived